The AVGN Movie is HERE! (Official Thread)

Watch out bad games!
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:56 pm
Gave it a buy and a watch. Apparently, you can't log into Vimeo via Facebook on the 360, so I had to download it and upload it to my OneDrive to watch it on my TV, but it was worth the trouble. I enjoyed the movie.

Spoiler
Plus, it was fun to notice all the little cameos from all the other internet guys like Kieth Apicary, Andre from BlackNerdComedy, and Doug Walker. Kyle and Mike jamming out to that new song about the Nerd was a cool touch, too.
ChaoticMeltdown does another amazing signature.
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:29 pm
Interweb wrote:
Abrams X wrote:If you didnt think it had arrived before, it definitely is here now for EVERYONE!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxS2CPn3YjM[/youtube]

Rent or Buy it NAO!

Spoiler
Follow the progress of the movie via this timeline blog

See the trailer

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiz95K1ngiI[/youtube]

http://www.cinemassacre.com/2010/09/23/ ... the-movie/

Let the hype begin!

This... is not a post I've made. Maybe only 1/6 or 1/7 of it was actually typed by me. I'm not sure how I should feel about that.

A bit more on topic, haven't watched the movie yet, but I do want to see it. From what I've heard, it's great if you're a fan of the Nerd, but somewhat rubbish if you aren't. I like the Nerd, so I'll likely enjoy it, although I'm trying not to expect too much from it. Right now I'm planning on waiting for the DVD/blu-ray and get a copy of one of those when they come out.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:03 am
I downloaded it and watched it the day after (stupid work shenanigans)

It was pretty much everything you would expect from the AVGN in movie form. The only thing I see ppl not liking about it is those people that don't like the skit/plot driven episodes probably won't care for it (but then again, what else would you expect from a feature length film about the character?)

The actual REVIEW of E.T.
Spoiler
does occur but not until the VERY end of the movie, along side the credits... but it was quite good~

Overall, the movie was very enjoyable, any fan of the Nerd I would highly recommend watching it somehow, it's worth your time and the $5-10

Interweb wrote:This... is not a post I've made. Maybe only 1/6 or 1/7 of it was actually typed by me. I'm not sure how I should feel about that.

Feel privileged that you had the OP in the thread and we (mods&admins, mostly me) utilized it to provide updates to the thread & movie? lol

Or just ignore it and continue on like nothing has been affected? (because let's be honest, it really hasn't :P )

Modtalica
Modtalica
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:44 pm
Abrams X wrote:
Interweb wrote:This... is not a post I've made. Maybe only 1/6 or 1/7 of it was actually typed by me. I'm not sure how I should feel about that.

Feel privileged that you had the OP in the thread and we (mods&admins, mostly me) utilized it to provide updates to the thread & movie? lol

Or just ignore it and continue on like nothing has been affected? (because let's be honest, it really hasn't :P )

The OP could have gotten deleted during board maintenance.

But yeah, the movie was awesome! Well recommended for any AVGN fan.
PSN, Wii U, Steam and Twitter: christenm123
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:51 am
christenm123 wrote:
Abrams X wrote:

The OP could have gotten deleted during board maintenance.

But yeah, the movie was awesome! Well recommended for any AVGN fan.

Nah, I remember making this thread when the movie was first announced. I was just surprised to see the OP being so very different from what I remembered it being.
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:20 pm
Awesome flick. One of the best B-Movies I've seen in ages, and certainly far more enjoyable than most garbage in theaters nowadays.

Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil!
Previous

Return to Angry Video Game Nerd