g1 AfterDark

User Videos, Reviews, Drawings, Stories, Photos, Music, etc.
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:40 am
WE ARE NOT DEAD!!!! WE BE KEEPING IT 100 FAM!!!!!
PSN: Luigiman_95
Twitter: @AlexSandoval_95
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:30 pm
Guess this thread won't make it to the fourth anniversary, so I'll just say some stuff. It's been real g1AD, and thanks for the memories!

Honestly, the highlight of this whole thing was back in 2012 when all of us were still very much into ScewAttack. The decline, in my eyes, began sometime in 2013. At that point I knew we were just riding the hype from 2012. Even though I say that, in all honestly, 2013 still had it's great moments, and it was definitely a blast. Could even rival 2012 in some aspects. But this is when some of us started to lose interest in SA, me included. I stopped blogging on SA at this time, and visiting the site, but still was quite active in the forums. All that mafia and stuff. As 2013 progressed, g1AD itself became an exclusive club, it was just us, a bunch of friends interacting and having fun together. I liked it. Since the SA momentum died down, we were pretty much like a club, except with Skype we continued to talk to each other at every waking hour. All 8 of us, then 9, 10, 12, and so on. Back then, it was easy to blame the decline of the group's presence in tinychat, because of our reliance on Skype. But honestly? It was inevitable. We weren't going to sustain it forever, even if some of us like to think so.

Even so, meeting all of you, it all started here, and with that I won't be forgetting this place anytime soon. Even if I didn't agree with some of the discussions made sometimes, I didn't let some of those trivial things stop me from having a great time here.

By the second half of 2013, I kinda just disappeared. School had kept me from all the online stuff, even Skype. By Christmas of that year, I came back to an abandoned tinychat. All the talking was done on Skype now, but I decided to kickstart g1AD again. And kickstart I did. Brought it back full force with the help of a few certain individuals. Some of the most fun I've had in a very long time at that point. Lasted an entire month, from right before Christmas to around the end of January 2014. And the amount of games (song game ftw) and marathons we held in that span of a month was stupid. And we enjoyed every bit of it.

Then tragedy struck, and g1AD kinda just died out after that point. People went their own ways with a few people they clicked with, and formed separate groups away from g1AD. The amount of time I spent online dwindled dramatically overnight at that point. Decided to spend it doing other things, but was eventually brought back again. These days Skype is something I don't really keep open. But anyways, back to people going their own ways, yeah, it's sad, but in the end it's a good thing. People found others they liked talking to and made their own circles.

There are a few people, because of g1AD, that I still talk to on an almost daily basis. They've become my really good friends, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So after almost 4 years, the forums are apparently gonna be lost, so I just wanted to say a sort of goodbye.
There are a lot of people I don't really keep in contact with from the g1AD days. So seriously, hit me up, there are a million ways to get a hold of me. I'm always down to talk, play games, etc.

And with that, I wish all of you the best of luck in the future, and take care.
Last edited by 2200 on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Tay~
Spoiler
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:23 pm
2200 wrote:Guess this thread won't make it to the fourth anniversary, so I'll just say some stuff. It's been real g1AD, and thanks for the memories!

Honestly, the highlight of this whole thing was back in 2012 when all of us were still very much into ScewAttack. The decline, in my eyes, began sometime in 2013. At that point I knew we were just riding the hype from 2012. Even though I say that, in all honestly, 2013 still had it's great moments, and it was definitely a blast. Could even rival 2012 in some aspects. But this is when some of us started to lose interest in SA, me included. I stopped blogging on SA at this time, and visiting the site, but still was quite active in the forums. All that mafia and stuff. As 2013 progressed, g1AD itself became an exclusive club, it was just us, a bunch of friends interacting and having fun together. I liked it. Since the SA momentum died down, we were pretty much like a club, except with Skype we continued to talk to each other at every waking hour. All 8 of us, then 9, 10, 12, and so on. Back then, it was easy to blame the decline of the group's presence in tinychat, because of our reliance on Skype. But honestly? It was inevitable. We weren't going to sustain it forever, even if some of us like to think so.

Even so, meeting all of you, it all started here, and with that I won't be forgetting this place anytime soon. Even if I didn't agree with some of the discussions made sometimes, I didn't let some of those trivial things stop me from having a great time here.

By the second half of 2013, I kinda just disappeared. School had kept me from all the online stuff, even Skype. By Christmas of that year, I came back to an abandoned tinychat. All the talking was done on Skype now, but I decided to kickstart g1AD again. And kickstart I did. Brought it back full force with the help of a few certain individuals. Some of the most fun I've had in a very long time at that point. Lasted an entire month, from right before Christmas to around the end of January 2014. And the amount of games (song game ftw) and marathons we held in that span of a month was stupid. And we enjoyed every bit of it.

Then tragedy struck, and g1AD kinda just died out after that point. People went their own ways with a few people they clicked with, and formed separate groups away from g1AD. The amount of time I spent online dwindled dramatically overnight at that point. Decided to spend it doing other things, but was eventually brought back again. These days Skype is something I don't really keep openl. But anyways, back to people going their own ways, yeah, it's sad, but in the end it's a good thing. People found others they liked talking to and made their own circles.

There are a few people, because of g1AD, that I still talk to on an almost daily basis. They've become my really good friends, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So after almost 4 years, the forums are apparently gonna be lost, so I just wanted to say a sort of goodbye.
There are a lot of people I don't really keep in contact with from the g1AD days. So seriously, hit me up, there are a million ways to get a hold of me. I'm always down to talk, play games, etc.

And with that, I wish all of you the best of luck in the future, and take care.

These are pretty much exactly my thoughts as well, we sure had some fun times, won't be forgetting all that awesomenessness anytime soon.
Mr. ChaoticMeltdown is one rad dude
Two-time g1AfterDark Award-winner.
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:35 pm
Excellent Post 2200!!! Still remember your memorable catch line "..." - 2200
We still do marathons and all that but with most of us just connecting and met at SGC, we became more together.
PSN: Luigiman_95
Twitter: @AlexSandoval_95
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:53 pm
luigiman95 wrote:Excellent Post 2200!!! Still remember your memorable catch line "..." - 2200
We still do marathons and all that but with most of us just connecting and met at SGC, we became more together.

Thank you! And haha, yeah, my famous "..." back in the day.

I would loved to have gone to SGC with everybody else, and meet all of you. But the expenses to go to Texas is stupid expensive and not just possible D:

And from what I'm hearing, SGC is changing this year, which sucks :/

But definitely one day I would like to.
Thanks Tay~
Spoiler
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:50 am
We could always bring G1ad back. just someone needs to find us a site...
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:41 am
I hear this place is going the wayside so I figured I'd swing by after 10 tries of trying to remember my password. Anywho...

So what, it's been like...7 years on SA and 4 years or so on the forums, that's a lot of life lived. I remember stumbling upon the site and shadowing it for a couple years. I also remember finally caving after reading so many Darkseid and Stickman blog posts on the mainsite and officially joining so I could post. I remember the first time a blog of mine made it onto the front page slide and reading through all the comments. I remember the like, point system(?) and the bar at the bottom of the page that displayed unresponded comments. That version of SA was the best hands down. I remember the podcast I was a part of for a bit. But what I remember most is g1 AfterDark.

I had been browsing user created content and was feeling the usual sting of jealousy I had with many blog posters being from the same friend circle. I wanted to feel more included in the community, sure I had blog posts, but I didn't really befriend anyone else. I was feeling particularly lowly in that period of my life as a university student, seperated from my best friends and too incredibly stressed from school to even keep up with local friends - and it was just a bad time in my life overall. I stumbled upon a post advertising a g1 centric Winter Holiday hangout on tinychat. It was so much fun, talking to everyone, playing so many games and finally getting on friendly terms with many participants. fastfoward a few months later and g1 movie nights became a thing, and later (for me), g1AD.

If there's a ScrewAttack centric memory I hold dearest, it's g1AD. Though, I did part ways on not the best of terms, I do recognize all the good that was brought into my life. Despite many friendships made waned over time, I have made some powerful enough to stand the test of time (thus far). As cliche as it may be to say, I honestly can't see my life being the same or lasting this long without them. I deeply love and respect them, and so thankful for everything they've done for me, I only hope to repay them in the near future.

Other than the mushy stuff, I have to be thankful for everything I was forcefully exposed to. I got back to anime because of g1AD, heard of and played games I never thought I'd touch with a ten foot pole, I became more knowledgeable and proficient in photoshop and general technology maintenance, exposed to more foreign cultures and customs, and probably biggest for me, through many many many failed attempts, K-Pop! A genre of music I outright hated has pretty much taken over my life.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU_p_8pXiF4[/youtube]
God, why didn't you guys show me this first, instead of all the SNSD, and T-ara.

I'm so happy that song game caught on the way it did, if there's one thing I miss, it's that game. The themed nights were hella fun, every now and then, I get that craving for another video game and K-Pop night.

As bitter I may be about this site, I'm also thankful, I cherish what I walked away with and hope you all are equally as or more fulfilled by the time we all spent together.

May we meet again.

Last edited by Kailoli on Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:43 am
FanBoy wrote:We could always bring G1ad back. just someone needs to find us a site...

from the little I know of likeminded sites, Watch2Gether may be your best bet for chatting and video sharing.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:21 am
Just spent the last few hours rereading the entirety of this thread:

Best moments:
-g1AD ditching the once a week schedule, for a new every night schedule
-that 100 hour g1AD marathon
-g1AD as an acronym, just works so well, makes me happy
-K-Pop C:
-dem marathons and power hours
-drunk nights
-song game being a hit
-the end of the year awards 22 did
-that one chill night/morning 22, Tay, and I did
-that like 1-2 weeks of Tay and I modding leading up to the aforementioned chill night
-applejuice break
-weed circulation
-the reaction to 'Please Don't' during the K-Pop marathon
-Tay tricking everyone into thinking he was 22
-my conversing with g1AD via twitter and subsequent Twitter jail
-sigbanners
-whiteboard nights
-boardgame online
-anytime I was a mod :P

Worst Moments:
-being called Loli
-when I used to have a bandwidth cap
-when I had shitty internet
-tinychat being a bitch
-Tomma being annoying with his disgust of K-Pop
-motherfucking KaiTay/#TeamLoliplant, fuck you guys
-anytime Tay was a mod :P
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:00 am
I'll be hanging on Tinychat as much as I can today, come by and let's see if shit works at all.
Mr. ChaoticMeltdown is one rad dude
Two-time g1AfterDark Award-winner.
PreviousNext

Return to g1 User Created