Video Game Vault Suggestion Thread

SideScrollers, Best/Worst Ever!, One Minute Melee, Five Fun Facts, and more.
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:02 am
Oh I loved Sunset Riders, only I had it for Genesis.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:37 pm
Time Killers.

good old fashioned ultra-violence.
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:59 pm
Any one of the Age of Empires games on PC if it hasn't been done before.
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:08 pm
I want to see you guys review the other 2 Mario Party of the Mario Party Trilogy

Mario Party 2 and Mario Party 3
Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:05 pm
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Disruptor (Insomniac's first game!)
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon
Tomba
WURM
Special thanks to Darkseid for the BADASS SIG

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:48 pm
Since you sometimes like to do obscure games that are fun to play, here are a couple I know.
First 2 are both from Commodore 64

== Forbidden Forest ==
A horror game for C64. You are an archer running through the woods, fighting giant spiders, bees, frogs, dragons and more. The game is full of creepy music and sound effects that enhance its fear factor. The character is not very agile, and you have to reload your bow between every shot, making your character feel real and vulnerable. Each round of enemies is finished off by a victory dance. Also, it's surprisingly bloody for an old game, with nearly every enemy squirting pixelated blood when shot, and not to mention the spray that comes out when you are killed. Lastly, time progresses in the game, getting darker as you go. When you reach the final boss, it's night time, and storming, and the large boss can only be seen in the brief flashes of lightning. A creepy 8 bit heart beat replaces the music as you hunt through the night.

== Beam Rider ==
A simple, very fast paced space shooter. It has a 3d perspective, with a horizon line where many enemies spawn. Your mission is to kill 15 standard white enemies each round. As you progress, the attack patterns of the enemies constantly change, and many other enemies with unique attributes come in as well. Surprisingly it even has an option for 4 players too. You have to take turns, but it's one of the earliest 4 play games I've ever played. It's very addicting, and I wonder sometimes why it didn't get popular like others games at the time.

== Alien Trilogy ==
A PS1 game based on the first three alien films. Although it's a pretty typical first person shooter, I want to mention it because of its soundtrack. It's tough to describe, but it matches very well. It sounds similar to the films, and many songs are full of creepy sounds, such as mechanical beeps, breathing, and bubbles, depending on the level. The soundtrack is actually what makes the game scary, pulling you into its atmosphere. It's Queen Alien Fight song is still one of the coolest boss song's I've heard in a game, and it makes the fight really intense. It stands very well on it's own, and is great for listening outside of the game.

== Nightmare Ned ==
My favorite suggestion out of all of these.
A PC game released in 1997. This is one of those cartoon styled kids games that should have had a higher age rating, I think it was KA or E. You are a 10 year old kid named Ned Needlemeyer, and the whole game takes place in his Nightmares. There are 5 worlds, each one based around Ned's fears. These levels can range from Awesome/Unique Design, to Grossly Disturbing. The most memorable of these being the Doctor level, which begins with you in a pitch black room with "waiting room" music playing. A dim light flickers on to reveal a Gurney, with giant metal claws to strap you in. If you wait, the light flickers off, and back on to reveal a big mouth chair. If you jump into the mouth, you are brought inside a giant, disgusting mouth, filled with cavities, infected gums, and bloody teeth. X-rays flash once in a while making everything black & white, to reveal hidden enemies that can burst out of the teeth to attack. And that's just one small part of this game. The music is great, the animation is well done, and it's fun to play.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:38 pm
I would like to see Roller Coaster Tycoon put in the Vault. I played that game so much. And then I got the second one and it sucked. But the third one was real good (riding the roller coasters in first person). In the original my favorite way to kill the guests was to shoot a shuttle loop roller coaster train into a farris wheel. great game.
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:38 pm
Psycho Fox for The Sega Master System.
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:48 pm
Mega Man X2, the greatest Mega Man X sequel (game IMO) ever.
Boomstick: "WHO'S TALKING SHIT ABOUT READER RABBIT!"
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:36 am
Did anyone play Jade Empire on the original Xbox. It had a great story, cool characters, and enjoyable game play. I became an instant fan of Bioware when this game followed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I recently purchased it on steam since I no longer own my old Xbox. http://youtu.be/kVpl4eKn3aY
PreviousNext

Return to The Shows