ScrewAttack Moving the .com over to Rooster Teeth this week!

SideScrollers, Best/Worst Ever!, One Minute Melee, Five Fun Facts, and more.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:49 pm
http://www.screwattack.com/news/were-moving-com-over-rooster-teeth-week-details

Later this week we'll be making the leap over to RoosterTeeth.com! Here’s what you can expect!

As for our content, it doesn’t mean too much. We’ll be trimming some of our fat, focusing on our more successful shows, AND bringing back a few old gems, including a return to live-action with ScrewAttack Shorts (basically the Clip), *Waits for Applause* and “Who Is” but other than that, you won’t see too many programming changes.

What I’d like to focus on in this specific post is what will happen with the current .com, Community Content, Forums and Advantage Users.

THE NEW .COM!

First off, let’s be kinda real with each other. Most of you don’t like the current .com – you’ve all been pretty vocal about that since day one, and that’s not a bad thing! So as of next week, ScrewAttack.com will take you to our BRAND NEW hub on RoosterTeeth.com, which includes a ScrewAttack section in the mobile app! It’ll be our new home, and we look forward to seeing you guys start to mingle with the Rooster Teeth community. Heck, some of you are probably already RT community members and that’s great! Our new home will FINALLY be a viable place for our content other than YT, and most importantly – we will be accountable for getting content up early for you guys on the .com, and even earlier for sponsors – which we’ll get to in just a second.

COMMUNITY CONTENT

Community Content WILL be making the transition. Anything you’ve made on Version 5 (the current site version) will be archived on the new .com. In terms of creating new content, Rooster Teeth has a journal system for blog writing. However, we currently don’t have a way of promoting community content as we’ve done in the past. As far as video goes, you CAN embed your videos into RT’s journal system, but your best bet at getting video content promoted is the Achievement Hunter community channel, which has over 350,000 subscribers. You can go to AHUploads.com (currently under maintenance but should be back up soon!) for more information. It's the best place for getting eyes on your video content.

FORUMS

Forums for now will stay the same. We plan to eventually migrate them over to RT in a later phase – they’ll continue to operate the same until then, so no worries there!

ADVANTAGE USERS

Advantage users – I’ve got some awesome news for you guys! We’ll be grandfathering you over to sponsorship status! What does that mean? Well, you can read all about the RT Sponsor program here (LINK). The biggest thing here that I’m personally excited about, is a re-dedication to getting our content to you guys early. We fell off the track in our production and never could get back on track to get content up early, but now we’re making this first priority on our production schedule. You guys deserve the best and we want to thank you for your continued support.

Your sponsorship will carry on throughout the term of your Advantage membership, and if you have a special situation (like g1 of the year winners who have lifetime Advantage), your sponsorship at Rooster Teeth will reflect that time – getting you early access to ALL RT content including Achievement Hunter, Funhaus, and ScrewAttack plus merchandise discounts! All at a cheaper price than Advantage WOOOO!

For those of you that don’t subscribe to Advantage but have given us love on twitch and want to continue doing so, head over here: bit.ly/SponsorScrewAttack to check out RT sponsorships – they’re cheaper than Subscribing to twitch, and you’ll get more perks!

I’d like to take the opportunity to thank Advantage Subs and Twitch subs – You guys continued support are THE reason we’ve been able to keep the site running and daily live streams going. It means the world to me personally and all of us as a crew.

TOWN HALL MEETING TOMORROW AT 4!

You’ve got questions – we’ve got answers. There will be a town hall meeting tomorrow at 4PM CT on ScrewAttack LIVE on our twitch channel. Craig, Chad and I will answer all of your questions FROM THE COMMENTS OF THIS BLOG. We’ll answer some from the chat tomorrow, but questions posted HERE in the comments will take priority. Love you guys, see you tomorrow!

Shaun Bolen (@ShaunBolen on twitter)

Community Manager, ScrewAttack
twitter: @g1brent
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:05 pm
smoke108 wrote:http://www.screwattack.com/news/were-moving-com-over-rooster-teeth-week-details

Oooooooooooooooooookay
Interweb~Metaking~Distro~Chaotic~Wulfon~Tiel~

Shiznita wrote:I hereby claim page 182 as mine, everyone stay out or else. Image
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:19 pm
"FORUMS

Forums for now will stay the same. We plan to eventually migrate them over to RT in a later phase – they’ll continue to operate the same until then, so no worries there!"

So that's a plus, imo. Perhaps RT are actually considering changing their own forums over? 8-)
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:30 pm
In other words, we will continue to do absolutely nothing until an arbitrary point in the future.
The Power of a God is now your Secret Tool
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:28 am
Finally. Then the brainstorm and request threads can finally be unlocked/remade again, the sole reason I debate on these forums the majority of the time. :D
Spoiler

Good luck out there Bobobo. You're our only last and final hope of surpassing Superman in Death Battle.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:02 am
Also I know I asked this before but just to be sure we won't have to recreate our accounts right? They'll be moved over there? :?
Spoiler

Good luck out there Bobobo. You're our only last and final hope of surpassing Superman in Death Battle.
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:37 am
I am confused the Community Content stuff. I'm looking over their video guidelines, and they are only talking about games that are things like GTA, Minecraft, etc., and yet, it's supposed to be the best place for our content? And I'm looking at what they highlight, and it's on about Easter Eggs, "Things to do..", "This is...", etc. This doesn't look like the place for content creators to post their reviews, editorials, countdowns etc.

Unless the ahuploads.com fix will supposedly fix this situation.
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:28 am
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTWOAJJ9s1g[/youtube]

Sums up the whole situation. In all seriousness i thank you all for everything that has happened both on the site and the fourms. You guys are seriously amazing :D The old site may be gone but there's a new horizon beginning and it all starts with a rooster making a noise to signal a new day.
Don't Mess with Goro Majima
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:00 pm
TOWN HALL MEETING IS GOING LIVE RIGHT NOW

https://www.twitch.tv/screwattack

Questions will be answered, primarily from the comments of the this blog http://www.screwattack.com/news/were-moving-com-over-rooster-teeth-week-details
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:35 pm
So the meeting just ended and a bunch of stuff was discussed...what are your thoughts about it?
Interweb~Metaking~Distro~Chaotic~Wulfon~Tiel~

Shiznita wrote:I hereby claim page 182 as mine, everyone stay out or else. Image
Next

Return to The Shows