[ANNOUNCEMENT] "The Worst Kept Secret" - SA + Rooster Teeth

SideScrollers, Best/Worst Ever!, One Minute Melee, Five Fun Facts, and more.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:31 pm
http://www.screwattack.com/news/worst-secret-ever
Stuttering Craig wrote:Over the course of ScrewAttack's 10 years online we've made a lot of announcements - some big, some small, some you were excited about and some you were indifferent on. I've always been honest with you guys about where ScrewAttack stands, what's on the way, why were doing things, etc so today should be no different. ScrewAttack and Rooster Teeth are officially teaming up. A lot of you saw this coming from miles away when you noticed that ScrewAttack is now on the Rooster Teeth Store... or when we made our way down to Austin recently to be a part of a Rock Band 4 live stream with the RT, Achievement Hunter and Funhaus teams... or when we started randomly showing up in RT Shorts. You guys are smart and it's not like we were trying to hide it :) Honestly, coming together makes a lot of sense and it's something that a lot of g1s have been asking for for a while now. I realize there will be a lot of questions about things so allow me to answer the three biggest below. If there are more questions, we'll also have a Q/A during today's live stream on our Twitch and YouTube Gaming channels at 4pm CT. Tune in and ask away.

Will this effect ScrewAttack's production or shows?
When we were acquired by Fullscreen, they did a good job of providing ScrewAttack with things that allowed us to be successful: a new office with new technology, legal resources, PR, etc. All that stuff is really important and has been great for ScrewAttack. Working with Rooster Teeth is now the other side of the coin and working with them will allow us to take the next step in our content. I've spent the last couple days in RT management meetings and have seen how they work as a company and it's very cool. One thing is certain: they like to go big with their ideas. That's VERY exciting for us at ScrewAttack because we've always had grand ideas that we've always wanted to make happen. Fullscreen, our parent company, is invested in growing Rooster Teeth, ScrewAttack, Funhaus, Achievement Hunter and the rest of the RT brands into one big, once in a generation entertainment company. That. Is. Awesome. The best part about it? You've been a HUGE part of the ride - all the way from starting ScrewAttack on my parent's kitchen counter to where it is today. You should be proud to where we've grown this together!

Spoiler

What's up with SGC?
I know this is a lot of people's first thought and I want you to know that SGC WILL happen in 2016. We'll be announcing more details in the coming weeks. The greatest party in gaming will never die! Mwhahahahahaahaahaha

The Website?
This will probably be the biggest change but, as I said before, it's one that makes sense. We'll be migrating all ScrewAttack content, user info and forums on to RoosterTeeth.com. To be clear, you will still go to ScrewAttack.com, it will just work and function like RT's current site. Think of it like the next version of ScrewAttack. Hell, most of you hate this version of the website anyways, so it may be a welcome change :)

We're hoping to have this completed by February 15th, 2016 - ScrewAttack's 10th Birthday. I thought that making the switch on that date would allow for us to put a nice bow on 10 years of ScrewAttack and allow us to look ahead on even larger goals in the next 10 years. To be 100% honest, having a physical domain has been costing ScrewAttack money for over a year and to be able to remove hosting and other costs associated with running a physical .com will allow us to put those resouces in other places. And to you Advantage Members who have supported and stuck through the good and hard times, your efforts have been noticed and we're working on an exciting reward for the transition.

To wrap this whole thing up: we're stoked to be working with RT. We've been fans and friends of theirs for a long time and this is just the next natural step in both our companies growth. Expect to see more cross over content soon - ScrewAttack on RT, Funahus, Achievement Hunter and maybe even The Know and vice versa. We're all one big happy family where everyone is looking to do the same: create amazing high quality content and have the best community in the history of the internet. We're just one step closer to ultimate internet domination...

As always, you guys are ScrewAttack's rock. Thank you so much for the days, weeks, months and years of support as we continue to get bigger and better and move onward and upward.

Craig

Additional stuff;

Craig's Post on RoosterTeeth.com

Community Manager Shaun's Post on SA
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:34 pm
The Fourms's future is going to be interesting from here on out. I am rather surprised that SA didn't tell Abrams though.
Don't Mess with Goro Majima
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:58 pm
Get those blogs saved boys and girls

"If you could go on a vacation, where would you like to go?"
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:29 pm
metabro wrote:Get those blogs saved boys and girls

Pretty much this. The track record for content surviving the transition over to new hosts/site redesigns is poor at best. Basically I would recommend just copypasta'ing the straight HTML coding for the blog into a word document and saving it somewhere
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:33 pm
No more phpbb.
twitter: @g1brent
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:37 pm
"By the looks of it, it will be the Roosterteeth forum design and just moving the topics into their side" - From the Twitch

Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:48 pm
I wonder what they will do with the forum's account.
g1 of the year 2011
g1 of the year 2011
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:50 pm
CHANGE!
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:54 pm
Once the Fourms finally become like the RT Fourms....

Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY[/youtube]
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:39 pm
Well this is interesting. Even though I've heard the name for years I know literally nothing about RoosterTeeth, so I guess it's time to find out. Also, do they have active forums over there?
Mr. ChaoticMeltdown is one rad dude
Two-time g1AfterDark Award-winner.
Next

Return to The Shows