Hardnews (Revival Edition)

SideScrollers, Best/Worst Ever!, One Minute Melee, Five Fun Facts, and more.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:42 am
What would we need to do so that Screwattack would consider bringing back Hard News?

I used to be able to get all the gaming info I needed from one website (here), now I have to bounce around and its a pain in the ass. I know its ratings weren't huge, but I feel like its more valuable than the top 10 lists, if only because sometimes its nice to go back into the archive and have a record of how things have changed over the years.

I'd be willing to contribute to a "Hard News" patron or something if that was an option. I really do miss having an unbiased gaming news show that was made by gamers for gamers and could give fair and honest review of the material, based on the material, rather than serving an advertising agenda.

And yes, I know there are a bunch of YouTubers but I just trust Sam and the guys more. They're not afraid to call an apple and apple, or rip it a new one, or (which is becoming increasing rare) praise something for being fun... just because its fun.
World-Class SF player.
Spoiler

Street Fighter: Alpha 3 (Max)

Spoiler
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:30 am
A shitload of money. Like, more than they'd get on Patreon or anything like that, and I have a feeling Craig still wouldn't bring it back. But he should, Hard News was one of the best things this site had to offer.
Mr. ChaoticMeltdown is one rad dude
Two-time g1AfterDark Award-winner.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:15 pm
Getting rid of Hard News (and the whole news section/team in general) wasn't Craig's sole decision, it was something dictated from on high by Fullscreen... though to be fair it wasn't getting as much attention as it shouldve/couldve been, and since it's ending has allowed the crew to put more time and effort into other things.

In short, it won't be coming back short of minds be changed, and it being worthwhile in both time and cost.

Return to The Shows