Movie Bob Coming (Back) to ScrewAttack

SideScrollers, Best/Worst Ever!, One Minute Melee, Five Fun Facts, and more.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:12 am
Jawshy wrote:Here's hoping he embarrasses himself off of this place too.
SA's #1 Bro
SA's #1 Bro
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:35 am
I may get annoyed by MovieBob, but he makes open racists so angry that they don't even bother looking at the original date of the OP, showing their grand stupidity and blind, idiocy powered foolishness, and that makes me happy.
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:03 am
Beelzebub wrote:
Jawshy wrote:Here's hoping he embarrasses himself off of this place too.

He isn't perfect but I enjoy his stuff and then enjoy Razorfist ripping him apart. Movie Bob is a net gain in my opinion so I wish he'd come back.

PSN: Nipps_the_Bear
3DS: 2466-3151-7359
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:53 pm
I like MovieBobs stuff, I despise MovieBob's political agendas and misrepresentation of the truth. His idea that there is no such things as dirty methods, only dirty causes, is pretty despicable. I just want him to keep to the game stuff, rather than white knighting for 3rd wave Marxist Feminism like its an innocent victim of our hate. Like after a long day of gaming we all slap our woman and demand she make us a sammich... just because we enjoy playing Double Dragon.
World-Class SF player.
Spoiler

Street Fighter: Alpha 3 (Max)

Spoiler
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:12 pm
Darkseid wrote:I may get annoyed by MovieBob, but he makes open racists so angry that they don't even bother looking at the original date of the OP, showing their grand stupidity and blind, idiocy powered foolishness, and that makes me happy.

Would you both stop? If you call him an open racist one more time, I will start handing warnings. This getting tiring and I do not want to see any more of this.
Can't get enough of my thoughts? Bug me on Twitter.
digitaldebaser wrote:I'm going to beat you with a very large stick...that has claws.
Head for the Garden of Madness!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:10 pm
One of my favourite old series on the site was Overthinking the Overthinker (where you are, we miss you Keavy_Rain,) because I did not enjoy The Game Overthinker's videos very much. He was always a bit 'My opinion is right and all others are wrong' and it sounded like he was more focussed on coming up with creative insults than actually explaining his point of view. But I've seen more of his recent stuff and it seems like he's kind of grown as a content-producer. I can easily believe that he's improved in the last 6 years.

Also if shit-for-brains like Sargon are saying 'MovieBob sux, debate me IRL, more like MovieBLOB amirite?' then suddenly I feel obligated to like him.

So he's kind of like the Nintendo Wii in that I didn't used to like him, but then I saw a bunch of other people who didn't like him for really stupid reasons, so now I like him.
Last edited by Elmo 3000 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ehsan makes awesome sigs.
https://twitter.com/g1Elmo3000
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:19 pm
I just wish he'd give a bi-weekly video or so on his current thoughts. As I brings some insight or views that I didn't think of or see before. May of times he'll admit he doesn't know...because it relates to how things will turn out and he isn't so full of him self to make future predictions. Well at least at his best he does that and then gives some thoughts on how things may end up. But yeah, I wish he made more content about current events then his crazy movie story plot thing.

PSN: Nipps_the_Bear
3DS: 2466-3151-7359
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:34 pm
I really don't care for Movie Bob's style and he's kind of too hyperbolic for my tastes (comparing Pixels to the burning of the library of Alexandria is a bit absurd for a dumb Adam Sandler movie). I can't really say I'm glad that he's back on ScrewAttack, as his videos may have seemed informative when I was 14, but in my 20s he has a lot of rhetoric holes. But not for me, I suppose.
Can't get enough of my thoughts? Bug me on Twitter.
digitaldebaser wrote:I'm going to beat you with a very large stick...that has claws.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:26 am
Ehsan wrote:I really don't care for Movie Bob's style and he's kind of too hyperbolic for my tastes (comparing Pixels to the burning of the library of Alexandria is a bit absurd for a dumb Adam Sandler movie).

This. 1000%

Elmo 3000 wrote:Also if shit-for-brains like Sargon are saying 'MovieBob sux, debate me IRL, more like MovieBLOB amirite?' then suddenly I feel obligated to like him.

I like Sargon of Akkad, I think he is one of the few honest E-Celebs out there right now. Not afraid to call shit how he sees it or be accountable for his own follies and mistakes, even if it means people end up hating him. That takes real honesty and integrity, and I for one would rather listen to a less charismatic honest man than a popular liar. But hey, that is just me.
World-Class SF player.
Spoiler

Street Fighter: Alpha 3 (Max)

Spoiler
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:09 am
King Bowser wrote:I like Sargon of Akkad, I think he is one of the few honest E-Celebs out there right now. Not afraid to call shit how he sees it or be accountable for his own follies and mistakes, even if it means people end up hating him. That takes real honesty and integrity, and I for one would rather listen to a less charismatic honest man than a popular liar. But hey, that is just me.

I could be biased because the first ten times I was informed of his existence it was by watching someone quote 'Sargon's Law!' on the internet. From my understanding, Sargon's Law is 'If someone you don't like on the internet calls you stupid/sexist/smelly/sub-par at Pokemon Snap, then don't worry, they're just 'projecting', which means that actually they're the one who is stupid/smelly/the other stuff.' In other words, a fancy way of saying 'NO U' to every form of criticism.

Plus one of the videos of him I watched was him decrying someone who had apparently harassed him. The video was about 50% out of context Twitter screenshots and 50% Sargon repeatedly calling them a paedophile. That does not give the impression of an intelligent man that people should be happy to have the chance to debate.

I'll give him this - I have never personally seen anything that indicates that he is racist or misogynist or sub-par at Pokemon Snap.
Ehsan makes awesome sigs.
https://twitter.com/g1Elmo3000
PreviousNext

Return to The Shows