Movie Bob Coming (Back) to ScrewAttack

SideScrollers, Best/Worst Ever!, One Minute Melee, Five Fun Facts, and more.
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:10 pm
So Movie Bob is coming to ScrewAttack in some fashion apparently based on this tweet... https://twitter.com/ScrewAttack/status/593482630823284736 And I've heard a decent amount scuff about his latest news and I'd like to here more people opinions. My personal opinion is that I actually like his Over Thinker bit as it brought more serious discussion and thought about the medium that is video games. Not say I blindly believe everything he says but I do see his side the point/opinion/argument. But the internet seems to be on a roll with bad mouthing him pretty hardcore. I will say this video did bring some shocking-ish points of contradictory statements he's made. But I'm not one to bad mouth anyone who changes their mind or thing with time because where's the logic behind changing your opinion on something based on new experiences and information :roll: The video is below....
Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2DhaT8-uH0[/youtube]

But yeah, I think the man has some great points to discuss but of late things are..... touchy. I'm all for taking video game journalism with the same ethical standards as regular news. And god has that been on a down turn it seems. But I'm digressing. I'm just happy to hear about Movie Bob coming to ScrewAttack where I hope some more serious sides of the medium can take root. Specifically pre-Gamer Gate topics he's discussed before. But I'd be happier if it was Razorfist who was bringing some serious journalism grit to ScrewAttack to balance out the website as a whole.

So please tell me your opinions on the new.....news.

PSN: Nipps_the_Bear
3DS: 2466-3151-7359
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:28 pm
Well he was already on the site for years. He's just returning so it's nothing new.
twitter: @g1brent
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:03 pm
Meh, don't care much. Still, I'm willing to welcome him back in open arms anyway.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:30 am
smoke108 wrote:Well he was already on the site for years. He's just returning so it's nothing new.

To me this sounds more than just as a casual g1 posting their content on SA. This sounds more like a planned partnership like Angry Black Nerd. I kinda miss those days where g1s who made good content got the bump from ScrewAttack and being labeled as a partner and got their own show/name added to the drop down tabs. I think it was a helpful push that kept shows going longer. I miss you Gamesies, Retro Hunters, and Life and Level.

PSN: Nipps_the_Bear
3DS: 2466-3151-7359
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:58 am
firehazard51 wrote:
smoke108 wrote:Well he was already on the site for years. He's just returning so it's nothing new.

To me this sounds more than just as a casual g1 posting their content on SA. This sounds more like a planned partnership like Angry Black Nerd. I kinda miss those days where g1s who made good content got the bump from ScrewAttack and being labeled as a partner and got their own show/name added to the drop down tabs. I think it was a helpful push that kept shows going longer. I miss you Gamesies, Retro Hunters, and Life and Level.

Didn't he win that "myvidsdontsuck" (worst name ever) contest in 2009 or something, where a bunch of content creators were in competition to become features on ScrewAttack, and The Game Overthinker won?
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:41 pm
If he posts the Movie Reviews and The Big Picture videos like he similarly did when he was on The Escapist, that will be a big success. They're entertaining, concise (5-8 minutes or so), and gets a solid point across without all the boring over-blown topics and characters he would do with the Game Overthinker show.

But even if he is just here for Game Overthinker, he's got a cult following I suppose, and does bring up more serious topics other similar entertainers won't cover in as great of detail. They're just not my viewing preference.
Do you love video games? What about heavy metal music? I have a fun blog that satisfies both cravings. Check it out:
Spoiler
Pokemon ORAS Secret Base!!
Spoiler
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:27 pm
god fucking damn it
Finn wrote:im gay
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:51 pm
Oh please not again...
Life is a game, guys. It's okay to take a break and pick up where you left off. 私はそこに行くことができます。4 2 0 V/H/S
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:32 pm
Tremendous Tom wrote:
firehazard51 wrote:

Didn't he win that "myvidsdontsuck" (worst name ever) contest in 2009 or something, where a bunch of content creators were in competition to become features on ScrewAttack, and The Game Overthinker won?

He did. And he wasnt just a feature, he was at one point the longest lasting & most active SA partner outside of AVGN. I think its cool to see him back once again, even with the silly "hate" that follows him.
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:16 pm
Here's hoping he embarrasses himself off of this place too.
Next

Return to The Shows