Movie Bob Coming (Back) to ScrewAttack

SideScrollers, Best/Worst Ever!, One Minute Melee, Five Fun Facts, and more.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:29 am
Elmo 3000 wrote:How 'bout no?

Using quotations like that in arguments is completely stupid, it has always been stupid, and it will always be stupid. It's a combination of redundant mudslinging and changing the subject.

"Oh, MovieBob said GamerGate was bad? Well get a load of this - like 4 years ago he made an unflattering comparison to the JFK assassination, so, y'know,clearly he's just wrong about everything. Too soon, Bob! Too soon!"

Don't get me wrong, I think that 9/11 comment was completely stupid, but the idea that it somehow means his opinion on an entirely different matter is automatically also completely stupid, is completely stupid.

Except, y'know, no one ever said that. Mocking Moviebob for some dumbass shit he wrote doesn't mean we think that invalidates everything he's ever said.

Just saying, this "It's out of context!!!" damage control isn't going to help you unless you can actually find the context and demonstrate how that makes his statements less ridiculous.
Head for the Garden of Madness!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:45 pm
Beelzebub wrote:Except, y'know, no one ever said that. Mocking Moviebob for some dumbass shit he wrote doesn't mean we think that invalidates everything he's ever said.

Just saying, this "It's out of context!!!" damage control isn't going to help you unless you can actually find the context and demonstrate how that makes his statements less ridiculous.

Except... they did say that? Like, a page ago?

The message was pretty clear. 'Look at this guy, one second he says GamerGate is bad, the next he makes a stupid comparison about JFK! Hahaha, what a story Bob!' What other meaning can you possibly take from that?

To be honest I probably should've said 'irrelevant' instead of out of context, but they do kind of go hand in hand. What do his views on GamerGate have to do with an unrelated quote about JFK from God knows how long ago?
Ehsan makes awesome sigs.
https://twitter.com/g1Elmo3000
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:46 pm
Elmo 3000 wrote:
Beelzebub wrote:Except, y'know, no one ever said that. Mocking Moviebob for some dumbass shit he wrote doesn't mean we think that invalidates everything he's ever said.

Except... they did say that? Like, a page ago?

The message was pretty clear. 'Look at this guy, one second he says GamerGate is bad, the next he makes a stupid comparison about JFK! Hahaha, what a story Bob!' What other meaning can you possibly take from that?

To be honest I probably should've said 'irrelevant' instead of out of context, but they do kind of go hand in hand. What do his views on GamerGate have to do with an unrelated quote about JFK from God knows how long ago?

This is a Moviebob thread, not a GamerGate thread. Obviously the statements weren't supposed to be directly related, it was just a small compilation of dumb things he's said, the GG statement being one of them.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:47 pm
Beelzebub wrote:This is a Moviebob thread, not a GamerGate thread. Obviously the statements weren't supposed to be directly related, it was just a small compilation of dumb things he's said, the GG statement being one of them.

Oooohhh. Okay, thanks for explaining.

I'm very sleepy now, and while very sleepy, I sometimes have moments of clarity in which I feel like I've jumped to a conclusion on a forum thread on the internet and sounded more confrontational than would've been necessary. This is one of those times. Sorry about that.
Ehsan makes awesome sigs.
https://twitter.com/g1Elmo3000
Previous

Return to The Shows