Marcus Beer now on ScrewAttack

SideScrollers, Best/Worst Ever!, One Minute Melee, Five Fun Facts, and more.
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:22 am
So I was stoked to see Marcus doing E3 Daily recaps/commentary. I thought they just asked him if he wanted to do a little commentary and in turn get his name/youtube channel out there to some new people. But today I log on and see a ScrewAttack exclusive AG video and how Marcus MAY find a new home at SA but nothing confirmed. I wonder if this is something Craig has been working on or something that was they just talked about at E3 hence no real confirmation. I think it's a HUGE win for both parties. I'm sad to see Marcus' youtube channel get so few views and for him not to make as many videos. With SA he'll get a TON of views and make more content I'm sure.

Over at Gametrailer's Final Bossman latest video commentary there is a lot of talk about Marcus being on SA since GT is losing a lot of people and how everyone worries it's going down the drain. Basically many are turning to SA apparently. I know I only went there for Pach-Attack, Bossman, and Beers (when he was there). Even saw a few people say they are going to SA because they now have Marcus. I hope SA can work it out to keep him here. I know it'll make the site grow and add a bit more "professionalism" to the site. SA does do some good journalism but Beers will add a years of industry experience to their name.

Anyone else as excited as I am about this new show coming to SA or have any kind of opinions to share?

PSN: Nipps_the_Bear
3DS: 2466-3151-7359
Don't Think, Feel!
Don't Think, Feel!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:32 am
I've always been a fan of Beer, and I'm certainly happy to see Annoyed Gamer making a return.
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:28 pm
Hopefully he gets a regular weekly or bi-monthly show. His stuff on GameTrailers was full of thoughts of genuine joy and disgust, but he takes the time to explain why he feels the way he feels - why we should be excited or why we should be really concerned, though not as unnecessarily complex as the GameOverthinker. Yes as the ANNOYED Gamer he's going to be mostly negative and critical, but at least there's more reason beyond just blindly expressing emotions for hits & clickbait.

Let this guy loose for 8-15 minutes per show - those not familiar with Marcus Beer will be in for some great gaming & news commentary.
Do you love video games? What about heavy metal music? I have a fun blog that satisfies both cravings. Check it out:
Spoiler
Pokemon ORAS Secret Base!!
Spoiler
Mystical Adminja
Mystical Adminja
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:37 am
Yeah I enjoyed his rants over at GT. I know he was going it alone for a bit, but I think Screwattack would be a great platform to help him get his stuff out there.

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:54 am
Well that's beer-tastic!
On Nitro Level Cool
On Nitro Level Cool
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:19 am
Where is he now?

He did... one video about E3 and that's it...

His YT channel hasn't been updated either...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:22 am
Man is deep underground and it saddens me. He was a game journalist I really respected and enjoy listening too. He does make twitter posts now and then, @AnnoyedGamer

PSN: Nipps_the_Bear
3DS: 2466-3151-7359

Return to The Shows