Has Screwattack lost the unique quality in their content?

SideScrollers, Best/Worst Ever!, One Minute Melee, Five Fun Facts, and more.
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:35 am
Eh, it's not like the latest Top 10 is that much different from their older ones. Everybody's always praising the quality of their older content... but it's not like the classic Top 10s like TOP 10 GAMECUBE GAMES or TOP 10 FPS GAMES were any more innovative or original. Listing your favorite SNES games doesn't exactly scream innovation... but w/e. If anything, I's say some of Shaun Bolen's recent Top 10s have been a breath of fresh air with a more silly approach to their lists... but maybe that's just me.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:37 am
At least with those ideas we get a different guy's opinion on the same subject. All these "DURR MARIO BAD" videos are the same damn thing.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:08 pm
I don't know if it's lost a "unique" quality so much as just lost quality in general. DB is the only thing from ScrewAttack I really watch anymore, and the quality there has even been dipping, passing on interesting, close matchups to do highly requested ones that most people know are stomps for one side, but people still requested anyway because the characters are similar only on a surface level. While SideScrollers has generally retained its format, since switching up the hosts it really hasn't had the same feel as back when Craig, Chad and Jared were the hosts, and it didn't really seem interesting anymore so I stopped watching. Overall, across all their content, maybe it's because I'm getting older, but it feels to me like the content and humor is just becoming more immature, or feels more immature now, and I'm looking for something just as entertaining and funny, but minus the profanity and dirty jokes every 2 seconds. It's disappointing because I can go elsewhere for that kind of content, but so often in those other places the community is horribly toxic, and the community here still feels more like a place where people can come, have fun, be welcomed and keep things generally respectful, greatly moreso than at other gaming sites I've been to. I came here for the content, and while now there's not much for good content left to speak of, I still stay for the community.
Let's Play Sonic Spinball! Part 5: Showdown 2 - The Battle

Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:32 am
I know with me, and I think I've said this before a couple of times when I've dropped in, but it's been that since 2014 ended, things just have felt "different". It's never been something I can quite put into words to explain, but when I discovered Screwattack in 2008, it was during the 2011-2013 years that I really saw them expanding things and was like "this is somehow even better than it used to be". I went and made sure to put in the extra effort to direct as many people as I could to it because I wanted others to find the same enjoyment in it that I had. And I just really loved those and 2014 when they streamed a lot more too. I know we probably took that Screwin' Around, and later Screwattack Live happened so frequently, but I loved how there was the interaction between them and the G1s, and the little "Screwattack Live Community" being there.

Hell, I loved how there were all the little Screwattack Live "in-jokes" going on when they were airing stuff too. Just casually joking when Shaun and Craig were playing Metroid and "7534Stan" started, or when Craig/Chad/Nick/Andre were playing TMNT: Tournament Fighters on the Genesis and the entire hilarious "Globocom" incident happened. It was that sort of interpersonal stuff that made everything seem a lot less formal that seems to be lost a little these days, both as a result of them not really streaming nearly as much anymore, and in general. Either way, I'm hopeful that what's been going on lately since 2015 is just part of growing pains and that not only is the 10-10-16 thing something we're worrying about too much, but that Screwattack will get back to more of the Screwattack we all know and love, just on a grander scale.
Previous

Return to The Shows