Has Screwattack lost the unique quality in their content?

SideScrollers, Best/Worst Ever!, One Minute Melee, Five Fun Facts, and more.
User avatar
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:43 pm
Location: Tormenting ALL the fruitloops
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:35 am
JiCi wrote:"Has Screwattack lost the unique quality in their content?"

Yes, because every single time they cancelled a series, it was for the same reason: not enough views... which clearly read as "didn't generate enough ad revenue/money".

I really don't get it. You don't get money if you don't get enough views, that's true, but... how about making the next video better so it generates views? They're pulling the plug way too early. Maybe that last video didn't do well because of the subject, not because the series suck as a whole. Recently, they cancelled "Who is" and "Great Moments in Gaming History".

As for not generating enough money, I'm starting to think that they should consider getting sponsors even more, like "This video is brought to you by [this brand]". These days, there's a little thing called AdBlock. Many people see that as "a way to not show support". However, many people use AdBlock as protection from viral ads, spywares, trojan horses and other threats. Furthermore, the ad system on many sites is a hinderance. Your video cannot be viewed unless you watch an unskippable [long] ad, or it cuts in the middle of your video to present you an ad, or it plays with sounds, or even worse, the ad automatically redirects you to their own website after the ad finished playing, in addition of some of them being dangerous.

Little story: EventHubs, a popular fighting game community site, complains about this all the time, that they need money and that they want people to stop blocking ads. The problem is that I stopped supporting them when 1) my antivirus blocked not one, but TWO trojan horses disguised as ads on THEIR site and 2) even WITH AdBlock, some ads were still showing... after blocking between 20 to 75 ads per page. Yikes...

So yeah, ScrewAttack should make videos to make videos, not money. Hell, a few YouTubers at SGC said the same thing at their panels, like the Game Theorists and Jim Sterling, they should probably watch those. They should make their series better instead of pulling the plug.


The bold part is what I agree on the most. I have had enough disruptive/malicious ads in my life. They slow down my computer a lot with how bulky they are.
Image
ART IS AN EXPLOSION, HM!

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
Posts: 3219
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:32 pm
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:48 am
Well, the latest top 10 certainly harkens back to their older ones by being amazingly bad. JFC, that thing was one of the most brainless things I've seen in years.
User avatar
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Posts: 4222
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: In the robot.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:12 pm
Tanantine wrote:Well, the latest top 10 certainly harkens back to their older ones by being amazingly bad. JFC, that thing was one of the most brainless things I've seen in years.


The video game boss one?

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
Posts: 3219
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:32 pm
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:32 pm
XImpossibruX wrote:
Tanantine wrote:Well, the latest top 10 certainly harkens back to their older ones by being amazingly bad. JFC, that thing was one of the most brainless things I've seen in years.


The video game boss one?

Yes. Bereft of all narrative context or meaning, it felt like a list of 10 shiniest keys dangled in front of our faces.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:28 am
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:48 pm
It has changed considerably. Basically, the only thing that is the same is Sidescrollers.
Though Sidescrollers has changed during its course, it has stayed true to it's original format; a bunch of people sitting down and talking.
I do however miss the re-enactments of news stories because those were fun as hell.
And I want to recall a over the phone interview with the actress that was in "plumbers don't wear ties".
The reason I think Sidescrollers is the only thing that is still good is because it uses their greatest asset. Themselves.
Check out old stuff, some of it is barely gaming related, yet it is funny as hell because of the great cast.
The industry is a step in the right direction, though I haven't really seen it being marketed.
User avatar
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
Posts: 8109
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:37 pm
Location: Bowmanville, ON
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:27 pm
verkon wrote:It has changed considerably. Basically, the only thing that is the same is Sidescrollers.
Though Sidescrollers has changed during its course, it has stayed true to it's original format; a bunch of people sitting down and talking.
I do however miss the re-enactments of news stories because those were fun as hell.
And I want to recall a over the phone interview with the actress that was in "plumbers don't wear ties".
The reason I think Sidescrollers is the only thing that is still good is because it uses their greatest asset. Themselves.
Check out old stuff, some of it is barely gaming related, yet it is funny as hell because of the great cast.
The industry is a step in the right direction, though I haven't really seen it being marketed.

The Industry was only one season and didn't get greenlit for a season 2.
Image
Image
twitter: @g1brent
User avatar
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
Posts: 8841
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:03 pm
Location: Twin Seed City
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:51 pm
At this point, I can answer that question with a definite "yes." Even outside of Death Battle...

"Top 10 Reasons Why Mario Is An Asshole"

WOW! AMAZING! NEVER HEARD OF THAT CONCEPT BEFORE! GOOD JOB! I BET EVERYTHING IN THAT VIDEO IS TOTALLY LEGIT AND THAT I COULD NEVER DEBUNK EVERY SINGLE POINT ONLY FOR ALL MY WORDS TO FALL ON DEAF EARS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE MILLIONS OF SUBSCRIBERS!
"Anyone who abandons his reason and lives only by hatred IS a monster!" - Meta Knight
User avatar
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
Posts: 4592
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:20 am
Location: Undercity, Taris
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:23 pm
Iron Joe wrote:At this point, I can answer that question with a definite "yes." Even outside of Death Battle...

"Top 10 Reasons Why Mario Is An Asshole"

WOW! AMAZING! NEVER HEARD OF THAT CONCEPT BEFORE! GOOD JOB! I BET EVERYTHING IN THAT VIDEO IS TOTALLY LEGIT AND THAT I COULD NEVER DEBUNK EVERY SINGLE POINT ONLY FOR ALL MY WORDS TO FALL ON DEAF EARS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE MILLIONS OF SUBSCRIBERS!

Well it's mostly top ten whatevers or why we like/hate whatever. Besides sidescrollers and DB, SA is really bare bones stuff :-\

And with less emphasis on the community...eeehh.
Image
Interweb~Metaking~Distro~Chaotic~Wulfon~Tiel~

Shiznita wrote:I hereby claim page 182 as mine, everyone stay out or else. Image
User avatar
Party Demon
Party Demon
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Hoshido
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:10 pm
Iron Joe wrote:At this point, I can answer that question with a definite "yes." Even outside of Death Battle...

"Top 10 Reasons Why Mario Is An Asshole"

WOW! AMAZING! NEVER HEARD OF THAT CONCEPT BEFORE! GOOD JOB! I BET EVERYTHING IN THAT VIDEO IS TOTALLY LEGIT AND THAT I COULD NEVER DEBUNK EVERY SINGLE POINT ONLY FOR ALL MY WORDS TO FALL ON DEAF EARS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE MILLIONS OF SUBSCRIBERS!


Eh? They made a video about that?
Time to tip the scales
Image
User avatar
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
Posts: 8841
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:03 pm
Location: Twin Seed City
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:51 pm
Saw it in my Youtube feed. Unsubscribed for the second time.
"Anyone who abandons his reason and lives only by hatred IS a monster!" - Meta Knight
PreviousNext

Return to The Shows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest