DEATH BATTLE Discussion: Ryu Hyabusa vs. Strider Hiryu

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:52 pm
The DEATH BATTLE is live! Go watch & Enjoy, it is a good one!

Announced at the end of the DEATH BATTLE Panel/Stream @ SGC...

NEXT TIME ON DEATH BATTLE! It is;
Spoiler
vs.
Spoiler

This is another highly requested/popular one. Are Ryu's epic ninja skillz enough to take on Strider and his uber-sword? We will see!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand... go!~
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:03 pm
SO FUCKING HYPED! Definitely going to start watching again, I'm so torn to which I want to root for but my gut says Strider will take it
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:06 pm
This has been a heavily debated match among The Official DEATH BATTLE Fan Blog, so I'll just say this. Both characters have been training since childhood, have taken down entire airships, giant robots, eldritch abominations, and other enemy ninjas/Striders. This is probably the closest match I've analyzed, but don't worry, I had plenty of research material.

Spoiler

This will be a fight to remember one way or another.
"Hello there, Ms. Post-Apocalyptic Biker"
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:22 am
Strider Is extremely acrobatic and strong, to the point of dodging point blank explosions, outrunning atomatic fire, and chopping limbs in half with his hands. His sword Cypher is a long blade made of plasma that can cut through almost any material, generate high voltage electricity, and be thrown has a boomerang, and has a Climb Sickle which he can use to climb any terrain. He also has three special Cypher techniques, which he can use to extend his swords range, shoot plasma arrows by charging up plasma energy, and make Cypher shoot waves of energy that home in on enemies and slice them apart. His main combat strategy is to take out enemies with one swift strike.

Ryu can move fast enough to deflect automatic fire from all directions, lift over a ton and cut through tanks and jets with his Dragon Sword. His ninja skills make him extremely acrobatic and can fall from heights oiver 1000ft without being harmed. His senses have been homed to super human levels and possesses a sixth sence, allow him to detect danger around him. He can manipulate his spiritual life force to survive bullets, stabs in vital organs, rockets to the face, being submerged to acid and lava, magical fireballs and large thrown pillars. However, once his spiritual health is depleted he will be unable to heal his wounds.

Ryu's main weapon is the dragon sword, a katana carved out of a fang of a dragon. It is Ryu's most versitile weapon with average range and effective combos, however it does not have the specialization of other weapons. However it makes up for it when the Eye of The Dragon is inserted into it, unleashing the spirit of the dragon within. It makes the sword considerably more powerful. He can also manipulate ki to practice ninpo, a spiritual art that can be used to create fireballs, infernos, ice shards, small twisters, make his arms move faster, lightning bolts, and heal his Spiritual Energy. His most destructive ninpo is the Art of the Piercing Void, in which he launches a black hole to suck up enemies for an instant kill. However he has a limited number on ninpo, so he must use it wisely.

While Hiryu and Ryu are equal in agiliy, Ryu is stronger and is much more durable. However once his spiritual health is depleted he cannot heal his wounds. In terms of swords, Cypher is stronger and more versitile then the dragon sword, but once the eye of the dragon is inserted into the dragon sword it becomes much stronger. Ryu's Ninpo can be very powerful, but he has a supply. The outcome of the battle basicly depends on if Strider can outlast Ryu by depleting him of his Ninpo and Spiritual Energy.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:33 pm
ScrewAttack is using a manga character who ISNT from Dragon Ball Z? Somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming.

I recommend you guys checking out the Strider manga for research purposes since he apparently has a bunch of insane feats from there; few people realize this, but Strider started as a manga, not a game series. Unfortunately however, it was never officially released in English and I can only find scanlations of the first 2 or 3 chapters (There are 6, I believe.)

I can, however, find untranslated scans of chapters 4-6, so if any of the researchers can read Japanese, let me know.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:34 pm
EliroX904 wrote:ScrewAttack is using a manga character who ISNT from Dragon Ball Z? Somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming.

I recommend you guys checking out the Strider manga for research purposes since he apparently has a bunch of insane feats from there; few people realize this, but Strider started as a manga, not a game series. Unfortunately however, it was never officially released in English and I can only find scanlations of the first 2 or 3 chapters (There are 6, I believe.)

I can, however, find untranslated scans of chapters 4-6, so if any of the researchers can read Japanese, let me know.

I have already read through all 6 parts and have seen all the feats, I even have scans of a lot of them on the Official DEATH BATTLE Fan Blog's Imgur account. Don't worry about the translation, I talked with Ben, and he found a way for us to handle it. Not mention, you don't really need to be able to read Japanese to understand a lot of the feats. http://i.imgur.com/psrEZeX.jpg http://i.imgur.com/R5S8Eat.jpg

EliroX904 wrote:few people realize this, but Strider started as a manga, not a game series.

According to his Wikipedia page, Hiryu was conceived as a multimedia collaboration between Capcom and the manga company Kadokawa Shoten. So while his first media outing was in manga form, it was always intended for him to be in video game media too.

Speaking of non-video game media, there is a Ninja Gaiden OVA that is surprisingly good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3qU3Tyw8yQ
"Hello there, Ms. Post-Apocalyptic Biker"
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:15 pm
I can't wait for this fight to come up. No matter who'll win, it'll be an exciting fight!
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:26 am
:o :o :o :o :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: This fight is going to be insane. I can't wait.
"Never give up. Trust you instincts"
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:13 am
Finally. One of my biggest requests has now been fulfilled. Time to do lots of research!
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:30 am
Strider>Ryu
Next

Return to DEATH BATTLE!