Best game ending of all time.

SideScrollers, Best/Worst Ever!, One Minute Melee, Five Fun Facts, and more.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:37 pm
since the crew havent dont it yet, imma take some initiative.
at the end of top 10 games that make you want to bone, they revealed that they want to do this.

so my suggestion is FFX.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:28 pm
Id say Borderlands because of how polarizing it was and how much it shocked people.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:40 am
Halo: Reach. Because you feel like your actions set in motion the entire trilogy. And the post-credit sequence was pretty thrilling. I felt like I could've taken on the entire Covenant. But that's just not the case. You will die. But you will go out fighting.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:59 am
In no particular order. Super Metroid, Ocarina of Time, Jak III, Portal, Arkham City, Double Dragon, Earthbound, FFVI, FFX(shut up I liked it), aaaaand Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

(this is just copy pasted from my comment on the video)
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:28 am
Call of Duty : Black Ops.

It's like, so fucking epic and shit.

Realistic answer : Persona 3.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:58 am
As I commentated:

Mass Effect (1), Portal 2, Red Dead Redemption, Mother 3, first come to mind.
Will edit later though when I think of more.
Add me on Nintendo Network: ComicSans
PSN: Naitok
3DS: 5327 - 0924 - 4505

Spoiler
Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:23 am
My #1 is definitely The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. As a player, I actually felt like a hero during that ending sequence. It was just amazing in every way. A great sequence with awesome music.

My #2 is Mega Man 3 for the NES. It may not be a complicated ending, but the music & the revelation about Proto Man are just incredible. I also like how all the robots built by Dr. Light are properly listed along with their purposes. Although it's a small reason overall, this ending is yet another factor why Mega Man 3 is my #1 Mega Man game of all time and my #1 NES game of all.

Others I'd include:

Super Mario Bros. 2: I loved the dream ending and the music of the game. Even though it's a dream, the ending even allows for some stuff to happen & be explained if Nintendo were to take the route I'd like them to take.

Batman Returns (Sega CD) Full Game & Platform Game Endings: This game has 4 endings---the Full Game Ending, the Driving Game Ending, the Good Platform Game Ending, and the Bad Platform Game Ending. The Full Game Ending has Batman on top of a structure as a great score by Spencer Nilsen plays. The 2 Platform Game Endings has the player as Batman battling Catwoman as the credits are rolling down. If you as Batman win, you get the good ending, which is pretty messed up if you watch it. If Catwoman beats you, then you get the bad ending. The Driving Game Ending has the same score as the Full Game Ending, but is probably the weakest of the 4. Here they are for anyone who's interested:

Full Game Ending:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7oF-21IOdk[/youtube]

Driving Game Ending:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7XkpOuzyUc[/youtube]

Platform Game Good Ending:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yoIgxZngAU[/youtube]

Platform Game Bad Ending:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIZ14Hs8JNw[/youtube]

The Super Castlevania IV ending is another one I really like. The Duck Tales games on the Game Boy & NES have some great endings too. Each one of those games has multiple endings (DT2 has 3), but I haven't yet decided which one I like more.
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:40 am
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

It gets so emotional. :|

You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:20 am
Of current games, I'd say Infamous, though I'm tempted to go with Singularity.
Don't Think, Feel!
Don't Think, Feel!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:31 am
Tatsumaru's ending in Tenchu 2, because of the fact you finally understand his motives and why he decided to end his own life.

Infamous has a pretty awesome ending, one that I definitely hadn't seen coming. Again, the resolution of the mystery is what made it so grand. That, and the bossfight.

Batman: Arkham City for it being one of the emotional endings I have ever seen. That image is still burnt in to my eyes.
Next

Return to The Shows