Best game ending of all time.

SideScrollers, Best/Worst Ever!, One Minute Melee, Five Fun Facts, and more.
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:53 pm
System Shock 2.

"Nah."
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:34 pm
Oh man, remember when they were going to do this?

Crazy times, man.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:53 pm
Hands down Bioshock infinite. Either that, or FFVII, Fallout 3, or Beyond Good and Evil.
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:26 pm
Deus Ex: HR. Had a very satisfying ending
Spoiler
Cyrax wrote:oh...well, shit. I'm stupid.

JohnnyFarrar wrote:Mex is awful and anyone who thinks otherwise should feel bad.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:56 pm
The original Street Fighter 4. It gave you a peice of the character's story (I especially enjoy Sagat's) and that end credit roll is freakin' epic and made you feel awesome to be a gamer. Shame they had to make the endings of the following games so boring and anticlimactic. :|
"You are kind of weird, and that's okay. Normal people are boring."

The most BAMF momma's boy who ever lived
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:05 pm
easily either Bioshock Infinite, or Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
RzGjoker05
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:17 am
The best ending of all time? Its easily Journey, Hands down. Why? For such a short game, sure the ending comes by quickly, but good god it is so powerful. For those who don't know, Journey is a game where you play as a red robed figure who has the goal of crossing the desert and reaching a bright mountain in the distance. However along your journey, you may end up running into another robed creature, similar to you. Your only means of communication are little chirp sounds and your simple movements. You don't know their name, and you have no idea who they are, yet you somehow start to form an inseparable bond with this total stranger. You may even stay together with that one person for your whole adventure, sliding along sand hills, moving up the snowy mountain and reaching near death situations, but no matter what, you both remain inseperable.

Then the end, when your making the final stretch up the mountain. I'll put the rest of this in spoilers for those who haven't played this amazing game.

Spoiler
At the end of the game, you and your companion are making the final march up the snowy mountain. The harsh winds blow the cloth of your cape away and start freezing you both to near death. Your Scarf is gone (which allows you to jump and according to the lore pieces found, is your life source). The higher you climb, the slower you begin moving. Eventually, you notice your companion drops. With the bond you've already built up for this total stranger, your heart just sinks, and you collapse into the snow as well. All seems lost.

After moments of silence, you notice the white robed figures looking down at you. I can't really go into much detail as the story of the game is very vague, but that's not what makes the ending as powerful as it is. Your brought to life with your full scarf and ascend up to the top of the clouds with the mountain in sight. But where is your companion? Right there waiting for you on a slab of land down below! Or perhaps flying alongside you! Your companion is alright, and the path ahead isn't all that threatening anymore. No dangerous storms, no creatures trying to eat at you, all thats left is to peacefully fly to the top of the mountain.

Eventually, you make it to the top with your friend, and all that's left is a small bright light between a narrow path. You and your companion begin to walk toward it and thats when it hits you. This is the end. This total stranger has become your friend throughout this whole adventure and now, this is the end. You'll likely never see him again. That fact hits you harder the closer you get to the center of the mountain. It's weird. This person is total stranger, but suddenly you seem to care for him like he's an inseparable friend. At least that's how it felt for me. In the end though, the best you can do is wish the best for your companion, whoever he might be. Its the only ending that actually legitimately made me tear up and even reach the verge of crying.

The biggest surprise though? At the end of the game, they show the PSN username of the person you were playing with as a surprise, giving you a chance to physically thank him for tagging along.

I think it's the best because it could be different for everyone depending on your companion. Maybe you bump into several wanderers and somehow end up alone in the end? It'd be kind of a sad ending in that regard but you'd kinda appreciate what those other wanderer's did with you along the way. One of my games ended that way but didn't hit me as much as my first run through the game.

Sorry for running that on for so long, but that's how I interpreted the ending. In my opinion, nothing is going to top that ending for me in terms of emotional impact. If it isn't the best ending, then its without a doubt one of the saddest endings in video game history.

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:49 pm
Mario and Luigi Bowser's inside story.
Just as the token Bowser bossfight is about to commence, the game fads to credits, as if to say "... yeah, you know how this shit is gonna go. Why bother? Here are the credits"
Mod You Always Bet On
Mod You Always Bet On
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:36 pm
Just finished Wolfenstein: The New Order, and BOY is that not going on this list. Shame since everything leading up to it was pretty damn well written and such.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 am
PreviousNext

Return to The Shows