Best game ending of all time.

SideScrollers, Best/Worst Ever!, One Minute Melee, Five Fun Facts, and more.

Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:12 am
Dragon Quest V

HELL!!!

After all the hell that the main character goes through, the romantic, cheerful ending at the game's conclusion is like eating Heaven through every pore of your body.

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:49 am
So after 3 years, this finally gets a video...kinda.

Oh, and the answer is The Last of Us. The Last of Us has the greatest ending ever by popular vote among the office. And they're completely right about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHQ_KRIo9co
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:43 pm
I was 9 when I played this game :cry:
and even now I think it's a masterpiece
Metal gear solid 4: Guns of the patriots
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=retK1rz-zcM[/youtube]
Part of my plan
Spoiler
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:41 pm
Metal Gear Solid 3, Last of Us and Undertale
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:43 am
Either Dark Souls ending if you did it fully blind
Spoiler
'Cause fuck you right?

Probably the original Metal Gear Solid ending because childhood.
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:23 am
Also wanted to add The World Ends With You, fuckin love that game.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:56 pm
MGS 3 rip boss :cry:
and In second the world ends with you just amazing game and still want a sequel more so than the ff7 remake
"Go fap elsewhere"
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:51 pm
To me, the best ending would be defined by how well it wrapped up the conflicts present in the game in question. That being said, what an ending is trying to do can differ a great deal. After all, the best tragic ending is far from the best happy ending, or the best joke ending.
Because of this, you can have a lot of best endings, it all really depends on what you're looking for. I can't choose a favorite overall, so I will list off what I feel are the best endings based on what they were going for.

For most depressing ending I would go with Spec Ops: the line. Considering what happened up to that point, even the best ending is depressing. The other endings are much worse, with two going out on your death, and the last one ending on an ambiguous note where the main character just wanders off. All of them will make you feel empty for the right reasons.

For the most satisfying ending, I would say the everyone survives ending from mass effect 2. Many choice-based Role-playing games tend to base their ending around a last minute choice like mass effect 3, or they go the telltale games route of making the choices change little in the actual story. In Mass Effect 2, all your choices impact what happens on the final mission. Just how many members of your crew are left alive by the end of it is determined by what choices you made before it. While it is possible to save everyone, getting there is quite the hassle, and one mistake can send you back a few save files. So when you do get through it with everyone alive you feel like an accomplishment. Too bad they dropped the ball in the third game, otherwise, this might have been one of the best endings in video games period, considering you can import the save data from this game to the next one.

For the best bad ending, I would say that the Undertale genocide ending takes the cake. The emotions built up through the genocide really hit you hard. This is something that you have to go out of your way to do, so when you reach the ending, it just hammers home how messed up this route is. The fact that it affects further playthroughs of both the true pacifist ending, and further genocide runs is icing on the cake. The best part of this ending is that you are not required by the game to do it, the genocide route is a red button you have to make yourself press. Even if you don't want to do, the fact the game respects you enough to let you actively go against what the game wants you to do and destroy everything.

For the best joke ending, the dog ending from silent hill 2 is the only one I can think of right now. Considering that the joke ending does not force cameos like latter silent hill games, and requires you to go out of the way to get, unlike "The White Rooms" joke ending. All in all, it's weird enough to be a joke ending, but not obnoxious enough that it becomes annoying.

That's all the ending I can think of at the moment. I am too tired to try to talk about any more right now, so I will come back latter.
Spoiler
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:08 pm
EarthBound's ending had me smiling for days. I was so immersed in its world that, on my way back home, I was stopping to tell so many NPCs goodbye, including the hint salesman. Ain't nothing like a happy ending.

It's too bad that no amount of people buying EarthBound's VC release will ever lead to a Mother 4, or even a Mother 3 translation. Best we can hope for is more Mother in Smash, which we were probably gonna get anyway.
"Anyone who abandons his reason and lives only by hatred IS a monster!" - Meta Knight
Previous

Return to The Shows