SNES/NES Classic

Are your systems cool enough to have wood paneling?
Admin of Legend
Admin of Legend
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:55 pm
I thought I'd bring these up in a thread because there is a legit debate on whether they are worth the overall money when A)Virtual Console exists for systems like Wii U and B)Many older gamers likely still have physical copies of *most* games presented.

Remember the big rule here: we don't talk about emulation.

I know the fact that Nintendo hasn't released most of this stuff on Switch for Virtual Console pisses a lot of people off, but at the same time I really just want to play Super Mario World with a SNES controller. I like that I can have multiple save states for each game, and it's nice to play Yoshi's Island without spending $50 on the physical cart.

Just a few thoughts, but I don't want to drone on and kill any potential conversation.
Mystical Adminja
Mystical Adminja
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 am
-Unless you are a hardcore collector, you don't have all the games here. Earthbound alone is $150. Super Metroid is $50. Starfox 2 is otherwise a repro only. 20 good to great games for $80 is a steal.
-hdmi out for modern tv's, games never looked better
-controller mimics the SNES controller well and build is super nice (they also work on Wii and Wii U)

Pretty much the total package. Selection of games is limited, but if you want to put Chrono Trigger, or Sonic, or Splatterhouse, or Metal Slug, or Third Strike on it you can load it up with all kinds of goodness. Not that I am suggesting you emulate Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, but I think everyone could use some Cadillacs and Dinosaurs in their life.

Return to Retro, Indie, and Alternative Gaming