Owlboy

Are your systems cool enough to have wood paneling?
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:26 pm
A new Indie game hit the internet a day ago.

I haven't really been following Owlboy, in fact I only learned about it a few weeks back. But apparently the game was conceived in 2007 and has been in development for nearly 10 years. It shows because good Agnostic Christ is it gorgeous! Some of the animations look like they're from the very best of pixel-art gifs rather than a fully interactive game.

In my spare time I managed to get about 2 hours into it, and am adoring its gameplay as well. It reminds me a bit of Demon's Crest, except more puzzle focused, and with partners you can fly around with.

Here's hoping others on the internet will give a hoot about the game (sorry, I had to fit in one bird pun). It's looking to be something special.
"Hello there, Ms. Post-Apocalyptic Biker"
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:16 pm
First heard about it from the ol' dunk. So many indie games I wanna buy, so little money...
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:18 pm
I wish more games like this would be available on consoles. I finally broke down and got Cave Story on Steam. Yes I know it was available on the Wii but was waiting for a Wii U or PS Vita/PS4 release. I've lost hope for that now...

PSN: Nipps_the_Bear
3DS: 2466-3151-7359

Return to Retro, Indie, and Alternative Gaming