Super Smash Bros. Crusade

Are your systems cool enough to have wood paneling?
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:03 pm
For those not in the know, Super Smash Bros. Crusade is a pretty nifty Smash Bros. fangame. You may have heard of Super Smash Flash 2, and much like it, this game is still in the works, but has a demo available.

You can download the game here if you haven't yet. The first thing you may notice would be the gigantic roster, with some dank choices within it. But hey, look at it this way: what other game lets you play as Ashley, Klonoa, Goku, Geno, and a decloned Ganondorf?

The current build is jam-packed with content, and the next one will be, as well. Due to the nature of this game, the dev team is quite in touch with fan feedback, and the next build is intended to resolve the most commonly-heard issues (apart from having Goku and Weegee in it), such as far-better CSS portraits, better sprites on several characters, and the highly, HIGHLY requested Kamehameha nerf; Youtubers LOVE spamming that for a cheap laugh, as if it's so hard to counter.

It's been in development for quite a long time, which is why Little Mac and Ryu's movesets are so different from their Smash counterparts; the latter didn't exist yet! However, they intend to take a page from how Ryu is in the actual Smash games in the next build.

If you want further details on the next build, look here, but note that the first roughly 30 seconds is showing older demos of the game:

Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7HUkK67JFE[/youtube]

But that's enough of my futile attempts to sell anyone on the game. Anyone here already play it? My favorite thing to do is to play as Toad and take my opponent to Hell with me using the Down Air offstage. Of course, I wouldn't be Iron Joe if I didn't play as Ashley and Geno as well.

Return to Retro, Indie, and Alternative Gaming