Undertale

Are your systems cool enough to have wood paneling?
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:34 pm
This game...I love this game. A lot. It might be doing a little too well in GameFAQs' Best. Game. Ever. contest (it has beaten ME3, Fallout 3, and is beating Super Mario World), but by golly I love this game. I felt every single emotion I can name to an extreme degree.

The first time I said that about emotions, I hadn't beaten the game yet and didn't realize that I'd yet to feel fear to such a degree. Then...

Spoiler
Heh.

I keep hearing about OFF, but is it any good? Will I truly feel like a hero if I play it? I've snooped around on the OFF wiki and seem to be getting the impression that all I'd be doing is killing people just to flip a switch whose purpose you're never told. I also keep hearing about LISA, but that just seems like an absolute depression fest with too many men.

It's almost sad that it's gotten a big enough fanbase to have terrible fan art, but on the other hand, there's also really really good fan art, too. Plenty of Undertale comics have made me cry just like the real thing.

I need to draw Papyrus and Snoopy posing in their COOL DUDE and JOE COOL outfits respectively. Oh, wait, that's right, I can't draw worth diddly.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:19 am
I really like Undertale. It's great game. That being said, I don't understand the fandom it has managed to attain. Then again, I don't really get fandoms in general.

Iron Joe wrote:It might be doing a little too well in GameFAQs' Best. Game. Ever. contest (it has beaten ME3, Fallout 3, and is beating Super Mario World)
Yeah, I don't think Undertale would normally beat something like Super Mario World, but it's hot right now (a fad?), so I'm not the least bit surprised it's doing so well.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:47 pm
Interweb wrote:I really like Undertale. It's great game. That being said, I don't understand the fandom it has managed to attain. Then again, I don't really get fandoms in general.

Iron Joe wrote:It might be doing a little too well in GameFAQs' Best. Game. Ever. contest (it has beaten ME3, Fallout 3, and is beating Super Mario World)
Yeah, I don't think Undertale would normally beat something like Super Mario World, but it's hot right now (a fad?), so I'm not the least bit surprised it's doing so well.

Yeah, it might be a little overblown, but it's still my favorite game of 2015 (sorry MGSV). Its popularity will probably die down a bit, but it will still have a good following.
"Once I'm done using this car for hacky sack, I'm kicking Izaya's ass!"
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:28 pm
No one is denying that Undertale is doing so well due to rallying on multiple sites, but...Final Fanboys intend to take it about a lightyear further if Undertale winds up in the ring with FF7.

They plan on paying real money to rally Final Fantasy fans to stop Undertale. Of course, SBAllen and them have no reason to stop this. It's literally free advertising, that other people are even willing to PAY for. Unless these people are bluffing, they intend to spend over $200 (that they say they were going to donate to charity but decided this was a more noble cause) to advertise and gather FF7 support.

But on the other hand, I've heard that r/Pokemon and r/Mario are willing to help Undertale out after it beat RBY and SMW. To be honest, I've yet to vote against Undertale, but if it was up against any Pokemon game besides the first gen ones, that would not be the case.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
Previous

Return to Retro, Indie, and Alternative Gaming