Board/Tabletop games thread

Are your systems cool enough to have wood paneling?
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:00 am
zgamer007 wrote:Really? All this time I thought those cards cheapened the price to buy houses to $10 (or whatever the price per house was shown on the cards).

Do those cards apply to the houses/hotels of the player who picks them up or the houses/hotels of the other players in the game?

The houses/hotels the player owns.
That card is a real bitch (D)
<3 ChaoticMeltdown

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:07 am
My friends and I play a LOT of board games. Our rule when buying new ones is "the heavier the box and the more pieces it says it has, the better". Our favorites have been Twilight Imperium, Settlers of Catan, Axis and Allies (old version, new version screws it up), and Last Night on Earth, but we have about 20 others we break out when we feel like it. We also have run 8 RPG campaigns in 8 different systems (D&D 3.5, SWRPG, White Wolf, Sorcerer, Don't Rest Your Head, the original Star Trek RPG, TROS, Traveler). We rarely, if ever, finish full campaigns, and we haven't finished a serious game of Twilight Imperium in like 2 years because we keep teaching new players and we're nowhere near done after 9 hours, but it's really more about the people you play with anyway.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:15 pm
I played board games a lot few years ago when we had a group. World of Warcraft boardgame was horrible (we played some Carcassonne when other team were having their turn), DooM was kinda nice and Twilight Imperium was fun.

But mostly we played Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Edition. So great memories. Nowdays when two of us moved away and took all the games with them, we haven't played since. Now they play some Deathwatch (I'm so jealous)....
Spoiler
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:03 pm
Just got my own dice *pumps fist*
Hopefully I don't drop my weapon twice in a row with these :D
<3 ChaoticMeltdown
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:17 pm
N-N-N-NECRO.
Just thought I'd try and revive this. Played a bunch of Monopoly last week, and I won every game :D . I also found this cool game called Tomb that's pretty fun, which is basically amassing a party of Wizards, Clerics, Fighters and Rogues to go into a dungeon and search for Treasure, fight monsters and disable traps, I liked it.
I also REALLY want to get an online D&D game started, anyone interested? First time players are welcome :3.
ALSO, anyone want to play Stratego?
http://www.onlinestratego.com/index.php
:D
<3 ChaoticMeltdown
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:15 pm
My circle of friends have strange Monopoly rules where you are able to invest and partner in properties. It's extremely confusing and leads to many rage moments. It makes the game REALLY long as it takes a while for people to get bankrupt near the end.

We also have a rule of Risk only a couple times a year due to the physical/mental abuse we put ourselves into whilst playing the game. Shit gets mad real...
Spoiler
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:39 pm
I've always hated Risk, I dunno, I usually love games like that, but... eh.
<3 ChaoticMeltdown
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:49 pm
Strike that, Risk:GodStorm is pretty cool.
<3 ChaoticMeltdown

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:37 am
Speaking of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, my friends and I have wondered for quite some time why there isn't any audio for all the stuff that Dungeons and Dragons offers, so we took it upon ourselves to make it. We are currently running a Kickstarter and got funded in just one day!! If you guys still play check it out it's still up for another 30 days or so, we have samples on there. Monopoly not so much. :lol:
Moderator of the Unformed Lands
Moderator of the Unformed Lands
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:35 pm
Where I come from, it's extremely rare to find someone that plays DnD or any game similar to that. Thought I'd give it a shot once I got my Shadowrun 5th Edition rulebook out. But I wonder, what tabletop RPGs have you tried out?
PreviousNext

Return to Retro, Indie, and Alternative Gaming