Board/Tabletop games thread

Are your systems cool enough to have wood paneling?
Moderator of the Unformed Lands
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:05 am
Been reading into Numenera for a while and this may be the ideal game I want to GM. Anyone interested?
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:57 pm
I've been wanting to get into D&D with some of my friends for a while, but one doesn't think it would be right for him while the other is all for it. But one game I do love playing with friends is "Cards against Humanity" which is a funnier version of Apples to Apples.

I do love a good game of clue though, same with monopoly. Aside from that, i've always been open to new game ideas, like dominoes. Me and my dad played that game during the holidays last year and it was actually pretty fun!
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:59 pm
After playing some Bloodlines, and after a brief experience GMing for the first time in a Shadowrun campaign, I thought I may want to try out the horror setting for just a bit. And I wondered, why not go for Vampire the Masquerade. And nice to know that DriveThru still sells the 20th Anniversary Ed. However, I need to buy THAT along with a copy of the first clanbook for the Malkavians to give me the inspiration I need to make a kickass Malk without it being comedic.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:50 pm
So I've been playing D&D for about 2 years now and one of my friends has been wanting to DM more because he thinks I've been doing good. So I've been looking into Eberron which is freaking awesome and I love it already but I, and I know this is going to get a reaction, like 5e and I didn't know if anyone has any creative tricks on making 3.5 or 4th edition NPC into 5th.
When you show up for Deathbattle but you're the wrong Balrog
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:08 am
I did Warhammer 40k once....it was fun but too expensive and I eventually lost interest in buying models but I still like the series.
Part of my plan
Spoiler
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:33 am
Any tabletop Napoleonic players in Thailand?
I'm in need of a fix... actually would settle for any historical tabletop miniature game...
Diplomacy, Trade & Conquest in the 4th Millenium
www.StarLords3K.com
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:42 am
A friend, his friend and I started regular sessions of Descent (2nd edition) last week. I've played it before and I'm a big fan. It's simpler than a full-on tabletop RPG, yet not so simple that it gets stale quickly. It helps that despite having simpler mechanics than pen-and-paper games, the game is almost infinitely customizable. If you haven't played it yet, I highly recommend it.
Let's Play Sonic Spinball! Part 5: Showdown 2 - The Battle
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:03 am
I may need to find friends to play D&D with...
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:29 am
I prefer video games, but I don't mind playing tabletop games.. Axis & Allies were definitely my thing..
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:19 pm
I was part of a D&D 5e group going for a few months until recently. Been hoping to find or put together a replacement for it
Previous

Return to Retro, Indie, and Alternative Gaming