Fire Emblem Thread

DS/3DS, Vita, PSP, Iphone, Droid
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:33 pm
This is the thread for the Fire Emblem Series. Discuss your thoughts on the series. Personally while i don't agree with all the decisions they have made i am really looking foward to Fates
Don't Mess with Goro Majima
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:21 pm
I just couldn't get this song out my head the first time I heard it.

Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTy-eYbRf88[/youtube]
Part of my plan
Spoiler
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:04 pm
I've pretty much ignored any and all spoilers regarding the game, and am cautiously optimistic about it.
"Hello there, Ms. Post-Apocalyptic Biker"
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:45 am
I'm more of an Advance Wars kind of guy, but Fire Emblem's still pretty good.

The games I've played are Path of Radiance, Binding Blade and Awakening, in that order. Awakening's the only one of the three that I've actually beaten though, mostly because my playstyle in RPGs doesn't really fit well with FE. I tend to want to use every character pretty evenly keeping everyone alive. However, to really do well in these games, you pretty much have to just pick a small portion of the characters you like using the most and stick to them for most of the game.

As for Fates, I'm cautiously optimistic as well, but I can't say I'm feeling the hype.
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:09 pm
I will be doing an analysis on Fates but based on what i've seen the gameplay is better than Awakening and the story is better while having a couple of issues. The biggest problem for me is something i will talk about when the game comes out
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:48 am
Interweb wrote:I'm more of an Advance Wars kind of guy, but Fire Emblem's still pretty good.

The games I've played are Path of Radiance, Binding Blade and Awakening, in that order. Awakening's the only one of the three that I've actually beaten though, mostly because my playstyle in RPGs doesn't really fit well with FE. I tend to want to use every character pretty evenly keeping everyone alive. However, to really do well in these games, you pretty much have to just pick a small portion of the characters you like using the most and stick to them for most of the game.

As for Fates, I'm cautiously optimistic as well, but I can't say I'm feeling the hype.

Main problem with these. I've emu'd some of the old GBA ones on my phone and I have Awakening on my 3ds but haven't gotten around to playing it yet, is it much better? And I agree on being more of an Advance Wars guy myself... CO POWERS GO.
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:52 am
If you are worried about gamplay in Fates let me say the gameplay is still great according to streamers
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:13 am
I've mostly just been avoiding Fates related things in order to avoid getting spoiled.
Have my SE preordered and everything.
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:06 am
There is Fire Emblem Fates Manga but it contains no spoilers just the charcters in funny sitatutions:

Nohr Side

Spoiler
Chapter 1 (Focusing on the Bros)

http://imgur.com/a/36DjV

Chapter 2 (Hide and Seak)

http://imgur.com/a/Hlgvd

Chapter 3
http://imgur.com/a/O4Nyf

Chapter 4
http://imgur.com/a/y5R2L
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:41 am
And the big day has arrived. Currently playing through Conquest, and am beginning chapter 7. I'll take the liberty of spoiling anything plot relevant for certain chapters. I'd prefer others do the same.

I was skeptical about the return of the pair-up system, but it seems much more balanced now. Enemies can pair up as well now, allies blocking attacks for you seem to be more infrequent (though that might be because none of them have supports), and it no longer seems like a 'do this to win' mechanic. I hope that remains the case.

Can't say much about the characters at this point, but I like Leo.

Spoilers for Chapter 5

Spoiler
I thought the queen of Hoshido's sacrifice was kind of underwhelming and didn't make much sense. We literally see Corrin/The Avatar comment about how they don't remember her or feel any particular emotional connection moments prior to her death, yet said death makes him/her rage out and morph into their dragon state. I get that you don't know how much you love someone until they're gone, and it seems to be implied the queen's death jogged Corrin/The Avatar's memories, but... Eh, I'm kind of hoping the plot picks up now that I've picked my side.
"Hello there, Ms. Post-Apocalyptic Biker"
Next

Return to Handheld Gaming