Which gaming console would you like to see as a handheld?

DS/3DS, Vita, PSP, Iphone, Droid

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:48 am
MegaSilverX1 wrote:A Virtual Boy. It's portable in the sense that you don't need a TV or AC adapter to play, however, it's not a handheld game console. Pretty much have it be a Game Boy that plays VB games or even better, have Virtual Boy games be released on either the 3DS or Wii U eShop with the option to play the games in either grey-scale or red-scale.

Nintendo won't release anything that isn't highly requested on the virtual console. It's very unlikely you'll be able to play virtual boy games on anything besides the virtual boy. It's not a loved system.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:18 am
Hmmm... the DS is pretty much a portable N64 already, and the 3DS is essentially a portable Gamecube, given their hardware and libraries, so I'm rather content with the availability of what's out there hardware-wise. What they need to do is just open up more of the gaming libraries from the PS1/Saturn/N64 and GCN/PS2/XBox generations for portable play, even if it's just re-releases of the original games. It's actually a shame that you could probably find more N64 titles on the Xbox 360 than on a current-gen Nintendo console right now. They didn't even release any N64 Nintendo titles for the lead-up to Smash Bros.! I still own my copy of Mario 64 DS and Ocarina of Time 3D, but I've really been wanting to play more games from that era. It was around the time I really got into gaming as a hobby and with the lack of anything of interest to me having come out since Smash Bros. I've been wanting to play some of those games again. But NO. Imagine how popular some of the older Mario Party games could be if they were released for the 3DS with online play added.
Let's Play Sonic Spinball! Part 5: Showdown 2 - The Battle

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:51 pm
Grangle wrote:Hmmm... the DS is pretty much a portable N64 already, and the 3DS is essentially a portable Gamecube, given their hardware and libraries, so I'm rather content with the availability of what's out there hardware-wise. What they need to do is just open up more of the gaming libraries from the PS1/Saturn/N64 and GCN/PS2/XBox generations for portable play, even if it's just re-releases of the original games. It's actually a shame that you could probably find more N64 titles on the Xbox 360 than on a current-gen Nintendo console right now. They didn't even release any N64 Nintendo titles for the lead-up to Smash Bros.! I still own my copy of Mario 64 DS and Ocarina of Time 3D, but I've really been wanting to play more games from that era. It was around the time I really got into gaming as a hobby and with the lack of anything of interest to me having come out since Smash Bros. I've been wanting to play some of those games again. But NO. Imagine how popular some of the older Mario Party games could be if they were released for the 3DS with online play added.

An online Mario Party would be the best thing in exsistance!
Previous

Return to Handheld Gaming