These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:46 am
It just won't end. :F

viewtopic.php?p=337027#p337027
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:02 am
The Final Session and Epilogue are now available.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:17 am

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Spoiler
Not SpoonMan! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh well... I'm glad he served you well, sir ;)
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:29 am
Most excellent.
twitter: @g1brent
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:00 pm
Hey guys, it's been awhile hasn't it? Yeah.. I haven't been on the forums much lately due to multiple factors. One: a hard drive failurewhich left me without a computer of my own for a little over a week(It also took the original, 60% written chapter 4 and all progress after rusturf tunnel with it. I did however manage to attend some of that one G1 afterdark a few weeks ago though.) and two: I've just been drifting towards things other than forums lately and for the longest time I really was in a slump when trying to make commentary for this.(I quite frankly found dewford to be a dreadully boring place to comment on... there's just so little interesting material!) So yeah, i'm back with chapter 4 of my random emerald nuzlocke. Now, due too part 4's size I had to haphazardly split it and due too character limits I also had to make a new post. So, part 1 of chapter 4 can be found in my original post on page 13 whilst part 2 and all future updates(hopefully) can be found here.
TRRox's randomized Pokemon emerald log 2:
Chapter 4: Gaining connections and slaying gods part II
Spoiler
ImageImage
Like everything else this guy's team got done in by Tager's mighty horn.
Uh.. sure?
..Yay?
OH GOD IT'S A GIANT BEETLE COMING RIGHT FOR MY FACE, PECK IT. PECK THIS ONE TO DEATH TOO.
ImageImage
Pfft, flash.. we don't need no flash. These caves are as bright as a pikachu's cheeks compared to the caves of kanto.
"So if someone who happens to like hiking also happens to be a jerk, feel free to push them off the mountain since they aren't a real hiker."
He then gives me the useless HM for flash.
Bah, screw your pitiful attempts at railroading! I'm going straight for the cave!
But first, I have business to attend to.
I neglected this lake before but now, I have a fishing rod therefore no one can stop me now!
I feel a tug on the line and i hear a bizarre screechy gurgling sound that makes me somewhat hesitant to pull up the line.
…WHAT!? HOENN… WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?
I mean yeah, it's a Crobat which is friggin' awesome and all. Don't get me wrong, i'm really excited about this but just.. WHY!? WHY ARE THERE BATS IN THE LAKES!?
DEMITRI, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? WHAT DID YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH IN A LAKE?
Your body is quite literally unsuitable for anything other than flight! What the hell man!?
After taking him back to the pokemon center, drying him off, and healing him up I decide to train him up in order to catch up with the others.
BATS IN WATER, FISH ON LAND. Is this opposite day!?
ImageImage
Ok, now you're just doing this on purpose. Yes I know, literally everything(except Luvdisk) is better than Goldeen, you guys don't have to rub it in my face.
Now, back to exploring the depths of the caves. Who knows what horrors lurk in those dark depths.
So THIS is where Oak gets his squirtles..
I did not pry this out of a skeletal hand, shutup.
Wild eeveelutions too! This cave.. it has all the secrets.
I wonder why this cave isn't so well known and traveled?
As I continue through the cave I hear a harsh screech before a th almost sears me.
I turn to face my opponent with Tager already out and ready for battle and see..
..What!? The legendary Zapdos!?
Though this bird is indeed a fearsome beast of legend it is arrogant and not very smart. It continualy flings ineffectual thundershocks at Tager. For some baffling reason it aims for its horn with each shock.
ImageImage
D-did he just kill the legendary Zapdos too!? Damn, two legends slain in two days... Tager, you are a god slayer!
Or so we thought.. however, as I am leaving that level of the cave I hear a rage filled screech echo throughout the cavern and the flutter of giant wings.
Turns out, all that pummeling did was make the old bird mad. I fend it off, only giving it some light scratches and flee knowing that I will not be able to stand up to one of Zapdos's legendary rages.
Zapdos.. it is said to be the angriest bird in the world. Back in Kanto, a common story told that the treacherous and uneven terrain of victory was formed by one such devastating rage.
But enough about Zapdos, we've got cave snakes to worry about picking off my already weakened party.
Hey there guy, did you run into zapdos as well?
ImageImage
"Dear steven, did you catch Zapdos yet? If not, i'm officialy disowning you. love, dad."
ImageImage
Hooray for TM's i'll never use!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rocket inflitrating the pokemon league.. I like it.
ImageImage
Yay, more connections!
He then promptly leaves and I follow suite with my magical escape rope.
Now, off to the gym.
ImageImage
I enter and well..
Yeah.. this guy pretty much summed it up. Betting the gym leader is a vampire.
Well, time to beat up all the gym trainers with Dan and Rufus. Those trainer include these two
Ha! Jokes on you! I stumble around in broad daylight as well!
...wait a second..
GUMPTION OF A SAILING MAN!(I dunno, I just find this guy funny for some reason.)
Gave them a mind crush and a good pecking ofcourse.
ImageImage
One mind crush later..
ImageImage
"And then, take over the world! Muahahaha!"
With nothing left to oppose me after that, I finally reach the leader of the gym.
Aw.. he doesn't look like a vampire at all!
ImageImage
Translation: I was dumped into the ocean by my own parents and kidnapped by pirates who kept me in their cave... my life is misery.
ImageImage
He sends out his first pokemon, a machop.
It goes down in one psybeam like every other machop.
Meditite takes a bit more effort but still goes dow with little effort and no injury.
(Note: For some reason I lost the Makuhita screenshots.)
Makuhita however, is a different story. I underestimated both it's bulk and it's strength which caused Rufus to struggle with this one more than I expected. For some reason I feel like this would've gone much easier in the past.. (Note: It did. Rufus entirely dominated brawly's team without even a scratch on him on the inital run that I lost.)
ImageImage
ImageImage
He then talks about how this badge will somehow make any pokemon up to level 30 obey and gives me a TM.
ImageImage
Well that sounds as useless as ever.
Hm?
Oh.. huh..

END OF CHAPTER STATISTICS:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Chapter 5: The boring one part 1
Spoiler
Welp, slateport time!
Gonna beat up some boring trainers as usua-
Wait what!?
Sure thing, punching bag.
ImageImage
Ok, seriously pokenav.. I don't need all these little kids' numbers.
Somewhere that is probably a euphemism for something.
Oh hey, a call.
YOU!!! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO CHANGE YOUR NAME TO BOB, THOSE WERE THE TERMS!
ImageAt an incredible clip"
Fine then, delude yourself in ignorance pitiful wench.
Only if you accept the terms this time, you cheat!
Oh man, I am going to hassle her SO much! =D
ImageImage
Oh thank god, i'm dying of thirst..
…FOR BATTLEDSKKLKIFDWS!!!111!!!!!
Yay, new attack move.
Hey there fisherman joe.
ImageImage
Wait what!? YOU of all people almost caught a friggin' Dragonite!?
ImageImage
I agree, i'm so sick of boring people. I hope you're not boring.
"So we meet again.. my old nemesis"
Oh wow, Dan faces off against his old rival.. this shouldn't be boring.
ImageImage
..Never mind. The rest of the battle was equally boring.
I love how hoenn has this strict law placed on sailors that makes them have to talk in bad pirate impressions. It's great, every place should have that law.
Oh hey, way to go! You're somewhat less useless now!
OH SONUVA-
FFFFFFUUUUUU
This tentacool got too annoying so I just had cerebella cut it.
ImageImage
Yeah.. so can i have free stuff now?
ImageImage
Yay for free stuff!
ImageImage
I knew it! That hiker's teachings have spread!
Bah, who needs this guy.
I then enter this pokemon fan club thing.. i'm not sure what exactly a pokemon fanclub actually DOES but maybe they'll give me free stuff because of the fact that I have a badass Rhyhorn.
No, you've just got a Azumarill. Water balloon bunnies can not be cooler than armoured monstrosities, it's a scientific fact.
ImageImage
I like this chairman guy.
He then tries to offer to teach my pokemon swagger but that move is dead to me.
Oh hey there reporter lady… *hides team rocket insignia.*
Yeah, he's pretty rad. Doesn't take crap from anyone.
She then interviews me randomly.
Alright Tager.. you like me right?
..well fine then,
Hakumen, we're BFFs right?
Oh you dick! After all i've done for you!
Well at least I can count on you, right Rufus?
ImageImage
See, you guys are all jerks. Rufus appreciates how I let him destroy everything.
ImageImage
ImageImage
..NEVERMIND.
Not really.
ImageImage
Oooh! Access to Team secret power's black market! That sounds great!
ImageImage
Sir, that's a tangela and yes, it will attack you if you keep poking it like that.
They.. reduce them to scrap metal?
Because that totally sounds like a smart and responsible idea that could never possibly backfire on us, amirite?
ImageImage
Pfft.. now that's just poppycock!
Uh.. no. Why would I want to fight in a tent?
ImageImage
..What is wrong with you?
"My parent's hated me"
Yep.
ImageImage
*Grumble* I don't get paid enough for this..
ImageImage
Gotta restock on supplies. You never know what's lurking out there, afterall.
huh.. I could've sworn that I saw a large gathering of aqua grunts here a few minutes ago..
ImageImage
W-wait! Zapdos!?
Oh crap, Zapdos is following me! O_O"
Merr.. stupid not-free stuff! This job better be worth it.!
Um? Have we met? I appreciate your terrified reaction though, it's very appropriate.
Do you remember every ant you've crushed?
Oh right, the idiot!
ImageImage
Oh good, you're learning!
ImageImage
He then ran out of the museum screaming.
Goons? i only recall seeing one of them.
Not really.
You don't even have 50 cents!? Damn, and people say OUR grunts are underpaid and overworked..
No you're terrible and your entire existance offends me. Go home.
ImageImage
Curse that nefarious Linchpin!
Finally! Now take whatever this thing is.
And then some more of those aqua guys come in.
Uh.. no. Do you have any idea how much traveling my boat slave has had to do?
ImageImage
Oh my, how rude. I'll teach you how to be proper gentleman.
This thing hits Tager surprisingly hard and is also oddly enough, a rather difficult pokemon for a good chunk of my team to deal with. I think I took it out with Cerebella.
And then his buddy challenges me.
He went down easily as well.
ImageImage
You should count on that. We at Team Rocket learned that the hard way.
And then their boss comes in and yells at them for their incompetence.
ImageImage
Eh, fun and profit mostly.
Oh heavens no! I wouldn't dare associate with such small fry!
Well.. i'm not necessarily dressed in my TR garb and yet here I am, doing business.
ImageImage
If you love the sea so much why don't you just marry it? =P
No, that is a stupid goal and you should feel stupid.
Is that.. A CHALLENGE!?
Hitwoman and delivery bucket for hire.
ImageImage
Sure but, what about my payment?
He then ran for it whilst distracting me with a shiny object. Curse that crafty scientist! I'M the one that's supposed to be ripping people off!
*Sigh.* Damnit guy, I have a scientist to chase!
Yeah you called me a noob and stuff, jerk.
Douchebag it is, then!
ImageImage
Yeah, it's not that hard really.
Um.. y'know.. just because you've turned your back to me doesn't mean I can't still hear you..
Um.. what? Suddenly we're friends now?
*Sigh.* Sure.. why not.. it's not like this damned machine ever gives me a choice in the matter.
ImageImage
Wait.. how many younger girls are you following, you creep?!
…well that was odd.
I then tried to make up for lost time by continuing my pursuit at a increased pace but Stern had already gotten away in his sub.
ImageImage
Oh you and your morbid obesity.
AUGH, WHY!?
Uh, no. I was actually just going to take a look and move on to the next gym.
ImageImage
Uh.. yeah.. sure..
Yep, that sure is a route. I go into the tall grass as usual and find something rather shiny and strong charge towards me whilst screaming out a battle cry.
HOLY CRAP, CATCH IT!(Got the screencap after the first turn so sorry, no "wild scizor appeared!")
Now this guy was a jerk. He put up quite a fight and in fact almost killed Wobbuffet due to me switching out whilst neglecting pursuit.
Eventually I weakened it to the point of exhaustion.. or so I thought but as I started throwing 'balls at it I found out otherwise as this scizor just kept smacking away and dodging my pokeballs and greatballs as it continued to smack around my team. It appeared that it kept going out of a combination of sheer will power and some kind of sheer hatred towards humans.
It eventually came to the point where my inventory of 4 pokeballs and 6 greatballs was reduced to one greatball. I threw it and watched in tense anticipation as the ball shook….
….
but alas, my efforts were all for not as scizor burst out of the pokeball now enraged even further.
Ok, that's it you bastard. You injure my team, almost kill my starter, and resist all my capture attempts despite being throughly weakened and pelted at with a sufficient number of 'balls.
Well fine then, if you're going to keep being such a hateful sonuvabitch then you'll just have to taste my hate for a change!
Tager, crush it like the insect it is!
I restocked on around 20 or so greatballs just to be prepared for anything else that decides to be stubborn as well as a few super potions to replace the ones i had to use in the battle. Now look at how poor i am! Aaargh, I hate that scizor!
After that frustrating experience I decide to partake in some fishing in slate port i order to calm down.
Whilst fishing I encountered this little scamp drifting in the sea.
He was much more willing to be caught.
Aw.. who's an adorable little cactus abomination?
After that I decide to go back to route 110. There I unexpectedly run into Birch.
Image-ere."
Oh, hey there guy.
He then asks me if I know where brendan is and I just state that I don't know whilst hoping that he is somewhere far away from me.
Also, this happened.
ImageImage
Haha, no. But i'm glad to see that even you're aware of how incompetent your son is.
Alright bye.
I really don't mind Birch so much. I can't stand his stupid son, though.
ImageImage
WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME, TECHNOLOGY!? D=>
Oh hey, new rou- wait no, nevermind.
ImageImage
Yes, younglings. Follow Big sis, roxanne's example. And one day you will make great Rocket members.
ImageImage
Oh no! Anything but mean!
[One boring battle later]
Oh, don't get so salty. Plenty of people lose to me.
I then remember that Cacturne can actually be pretty good and promptly dump dan into the box. Sorry Dan, but you'll just always be the joke character. Welcome to the team Amingo.

Oh crap, I forgot to collect my reward for completing that little granite cave expedition!
Make haste, boat slave!
Yes sir, the mission has been completed. If you need any future services my organization will always be willing to help for a few.. "favors".
ImageImage
Oooh, that would actually be very useful right now!
ImageImage
ImageImage
(I forgot to catch this line the first time I was in petalburg)Um.. miss, that is a Wobbuffet
"Also, that's a real weird looking Koffing you have there."
That's.. a Crobat.
Anyway, I trained Amingo up in petalburg for a bit and then finished up in granite cave.
But enough detours, it's time to do.. whatever the hell i'm supposed to be doing.
Oh god.
Ha! i found you! I'd make such a good guard..
ImageImage
*gasp.* A middle-aged man!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Is that A CHALLLLEEEEEENGE!?
I have no idea why I decided to come in here actually, but that's probably it.
ImageImage
Well, let's-a go.
Immediately after I enter I am attacked by a schoolgirl swinging around a katana.
Augh, WHAT!? I like your style but please, put that thing away!
Oh shut up, heath.
Neither do I. Want to register each-others pokenav numbers? No? Oh… ok..
Ok seriously Tager, calm down.
ImageImage
Yeah, that's right! It's boss fight time!
ImageImage
I'm actually probably your superior.
Yay, candy!
*Smiiiiiiiirk*
Well that's nice, I get permission to mock him if I beat all his things.
He then spins off into the sky like the photo guy from EarthBound. Seriously, i'm not making this up.
Bah, i'll be safe riding this rhyhorn.
At one point I tried to train up Hakumen. This guy surprisingly showed me that this is not a good idea with an unexpected crit headbutt at half health almost killing Hakumen.
Piss off, kid.
Alright until you showed up.
I have proven twice that you have no reason to be testing me with your pitiful skills and pitiful pokemon.
See parents, this is what happens when you keep telling your kid they're amazing. They start thinking they are with no actual reason behind their confidence which leads to them consistently and idiotically running into situations where they get their asses kicked whilst never learning a little thing called "humility". Unfortunately it's up to gang members like me too teach them this through complete destruction.
Anyway, where was i?
Oh right, battle!
Grrr.. BRENDAN I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL EAT YOUR LIVER.
I switched out of annoyance and let Tager take care of it. It's a good ting too, since this thing unexpectedly has rock slide!
His other two pokemon were taken down by cerebella I think and then something came out that I wanted to switch demitri in for.
Demitri, get your ass up!
Yay, a somewhat useful attack!
ImageImage
He then gives me a glorified metal detector called an "item finder".
ImageImage
HURR HURR THIS IS A FISHING ROD, USE IT TO CATCH FISH.
I hope you get zapped by Zapdos.

Part 2:
Spoiler
;_; I want to catch you so bad..
Now this thing is hilarious, it just sort of flips all over the place like its hyped up on sugar.
ImageImage
OOC HISTORICAL FACT FROM THE FUTUUUURE: This man eventually became one of the seven sages of team plasma.
No, i'm pretty much a hobo at the moment.
ImageImage
I hear you man. I've had to use a lot more potions than expected and Hakumen gave me a scare more than once.
Huzzah! Hoorah! Vivat! Hooray! Hurrah! yay! yippie! EXCITED EXCLAMATION.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Guess what HM he gave me.
Never change, rock smash dude.. never change.
And then they all did some kind of sentai pose, it was pretty great. You should've been there.
ImageImage
Ah yeah, I always did like the shouting channel.
ImageImage
Oh, i know this one! IT'S PIKACHU!!!!
..Yeah, i totally knew that.
ImageImage
ImageImage
"HUGE POWER"
Not really.
ImageImage
ImageImage
"BATTLE!!"
ImageImage
ImageImage
BBBRRRRRRRVBVBVBVBBBBAATTLE!!!!!
Well that seemed to go over well. Maybe I should have my own show.
I'll test this theory..
ImageImage
Sure.
Uh.. not really?
What? Hey, this isn't a story at all!
Absolutely tragic. T^T
Well, i've heard Ecruteak is nice this time of year.
Come to think of it, my own store would be nice to have.
uh.. sure?
Huntail would be pretty great right now.
Sure, Lairon's cool.
That isn't even a question!
ImageImage
What.. what just happened?
Don't be such an easy target then!
You know what? I'm sick of walking. I want a bike.
ImageImage
ImageImage
I know, right?
He then offers me a bike for free giving me a choice between an awesome that goes fast and has rocket jets attached it or something and a lame normal bike that.. can do wheelies.
The choice is obvious.
I then go to a nearby route to beat up some more trainers and find a new partner.
HOLY CRAP, YES! YOU ARE EXACTLY WHAT I NEED.
After 10 greatballs this wonderful beast is caught.
Welcome aboard Sentinel.
Hakumen, you haven't been pulling your weight lately at all. I'm putting you on the bench for now.
ImageImage
Why does everyone want my phone number!?
After this I come across the famed..
ImageImage
..BUG MANIAC! Though he is not lacking in craziness he is lacking in bug pokemon with only two of them..
ImageImage
A tragic tale indeed.
Aw.. isn't that just so cute that you just wanna..
..STAB IT REPEATEDLY!!
Oh god, it's you again! <=o
Aw crap, and she's going to talk my ear off about her pokemon again! Quick, hang up! hang up!
After managing to somehow hang up after flailing the device around for a while I headed into verdanturf a town where there really isn't much to do.
I did however find a guy who taught cerebella fury cutter.
Me no feel cleansed. Grawr! Grammar hard!
"heeheehee.. flooooowwweeerrsss…"
Augh, what!? Get away from me you deranged hippie!
ImageImage
You do realize that you're going to be reduced to being my personal rock station, don't you?
Bah, enough of these shenanigans. Time for gym-related shenanigans!
Oh hey, it's that kid my dad sent on a suicide mission earlier.
ImageImage
ImageImage
*Ahem.* Sorry to interrupt your little squabble but.. you're in my way.
'Hoy small fry.
He then talks about how he wants to take the league challenge how he's all determined to prove himself and stuff.
*Sigh.* if you insist..
Wait.. you're going to challenge the gym and yet you STILL only have that ralts!?
Sorry kid, but i can't not destroy you.
ImageImage
Eh, aside from being pursued by Zapdos i'm finding this really easy compared to my usual rocket gigs.
ImageImage
It isn't?
"You were up against a friggin' Blastoise for god's sake!"
ImageImage
"-his pokemon."
ImageImage
Hrm.. do i get free food?
And then Scott sneaks up from behind like a creep again.
Augh! Stop doing that!
Eh.. I took pity on him.
Trust me, things would've gone much worse if I sent Tager out instead.
ImageImage
Indeed, no mercy is the best way to go. After all, the best way to learn to get better is to get your ass kicked repeatedly.
ImageImage
Did I… just obtain a fanboy?
….. so yeah, gym time.
I go in and beat the trainers with ease
Boo, get off the stage!
I approach Wattson and then I suddenly get the urge to grind.
I-it's not like i'm scared or anything!
Oh, hey… how did you get this number? o.O
ImageImage
Eh, he's not a bad kid.
After that I head over to route 111 to beat some trainers like delicious EXP pinatas.
ImageImage
Trainers like this pyromaniac hobo for example.
You don't have to cook berries guy..
Why yes, I would love to destroy your entire family.
I did so and absolutely nothing of importance happened. After clearing out the trainers I decide to grind in the tall grass in the other nearby routes for a bit. I also taught rock smash to Tager.
One of these days amingo, you're gonna grow up to be just like that. Except you'll be better than this guy because you didn't cheat.
After getting Tager up to level 24, Hakumen up to level 21, and everyone else up to level 20(except Sentinel because he is crazy powerful at this point in the game) I decide to finally take on the gym leader.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tager' first challenger is this measly little ball.
One hit is all it takes for Tager's might to break it.
Cerebella then crushes Wattson's dog.
Now, magneton is where things start to get difficult. With it's defenses and typing the only thing that even dents it is tager's rock smash. Sonic boom also packs a wallop at this point in the game so taking on magneton required a team effort.
After a valiant struggle involving the use of 2 super potions wherein I kept holding out for a shockwave Hakumen finally slew the abomination by taking the electric energy from the attack and forming a massive blade made out of lightning that Hakumen used to pierce through the creature's iron hide.
Now all that was left was Wattson's last pokemon, manectric. After healing Tager it was a boring fight wherein manectric kept futiliy smacking itself against Tager's rock-hard body whilst Tager kept attacking the dog that refused to quit.
"Screw this, i'm bored."
After injecting Tager with the X attack his body surged with a red aura of power.. this could only mean one thing: he had achieved… X-FACTOR!
With that in mind Tager finished Manectric off with a ridiculously cheap stomp combo.
ImageImage
Why? What exactly was limiting my pokemon with strength capable of smashing through rocks from doing that before?
ImageImage
Wait.. shock wave!? *Gasp.* Are you.. THE sgt. Wattson!? Surge has told me so much about you! It is an honor, sir!

END OF CHAPTER PARTY STATS.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hakumen's never going to change much at all so I Intentionally left him out. And don't worry, i'm still using demitri. He's at level 20 too but he just wasn't on my team at the time.

Chapter 6: Murder
Spoiler
You've fought well Hakumen. Now rest until your powers are needed once more.
Pfft, no. I practically made you, boy. And I can break you just as easily.
I was going to say "crazy person" but ok..
Huzzah? i then go up to the part of the tunnel that was blocked off when I last went in here through Rustboro. There I see that all that lies blocking the path is a couple of boulders. Thus, I command Tager to smash right through it with a mighty charge
See? Now was that so hard? Seriously, THIS is what all that fuss was about?
Despite the relative simplicity of the task the karate guy thanked me and gave me a thing.
Oh, thanks I gue-"eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
suddenly I was cut off by a annoying high frequency sound
"What in blazes is that aggravating sound!?" I exclaimed. "Oh crap, it's the whismur! Your Rhyhorn must've startled them into an uproar, run for it!" the karate guy replied as he broke into a panicked run with his girlfriend.
Oh, goddamnit. I swear those whismur are such a bunch of entitled douchebags!
I quickly followed suit, escaping the tunnel through the Verdanturf entrance whilst rocks fell all around. Hoenn is the worst region.
Yeah, i'm pretty much done with that place forever. So, back to more semi-aimless exploring I guess.(I also took Hakumen out of the box and put in Rufus instead because I remembered theres some pokemon wranglin' he needs to do.)
Oh hello, it's nice to see someone who appreciates my skillz.
OH, IT'S FROM THE SHOW! I'M GONNA BE ON TV, I'M GONNA BE A TV STAR.
[One quick and easy double battle later..]
Some call me….. uh… Roxanne.
ImageImage
Aw.. and I thought I was special.
Sure.
Yup, that.. sure was a battle.
Really? o.O
I also battled some peeps and this happened.
It's pretty great.
I. HATE. SAND.
Oh hey, route 212. I wonder what this has for-
!!!!!!! O.O"
It was the legendary Moltres, a pokemon I knew I had to catch. If I brought this bird back to HQ I'd pretty much never have to do anything again. Also, my team would be rendered unstoppable with its mighty flames at my command. Thus,after rendering it to only a sliver of health with a few mirror coats from Hakumen and two astonishes from Demitri I started pelting it with greatballs like crazy.
Moltres as expected, was tough. Whilst I was trying to capture it my pokemon took on heavy damage. Heck, I even had to heal Sentinel a bit when I eventually switched it in to wall Moltres.
…… In the end, I expended all 25 of my greatballs and failed..
"No…
NO.
NO! Annother one got away! This cannot be.. my one shot at ultimate glory gone due to a lack of preparation..
NO NO NO NO!
NOOOOOOO!!!"
At that point something in me snapped
"Sentinel, finish it! Do NOT let this one escape!"
Sentinel incapacitated it with one last watergun but I insisted that it leave the pressure on untill the flames of moltres were dowsed.
Bit instead of choosing to drown moltres to death, I left it alive but criticially wounded and exhausted. I then approached the barely living Moltres with a knife and began hacking it at it in some kind of berserker rage whilst Tager just kept stomping on it.
I was going to make sure that from this day forward moltres would truly be nothing but a legend.
I'm still not sure what came over me at that moment and to be honest, I feel kind of bad about what I did to moltres. Sure, it was a jerk but.. the way it was disposed was just too cruel.
I still would've killed it though, since at this point I am absolutely sick of the legendaries and their shenanigans.
First suicune wouldn't stop annoying me, then Zapdos attacked me for no reason, and now moltres wasted all my capturing and healing resources whilst insistently defying me.
But no more, the pantheon has now toyed with me far too many times!
From this day forth I shall rid the world of the abusive interregional pantheon and bring forth an era with no deities!
NEW RULE: ALL LEGENDS MUST DIE(Can only catch the first non-legendary encounter that appears in a area and I must go after all in-game legends that I can go after. Which means that yes, Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayqauza will all meet my wrath after I beat the elite four and the champion hopefully.)
After that fiasco me and my pokemon slumped back to the pokemon center a charred, bloody, and defeated mess.
This humiliation shall never happen to you again my friends, I shall assure it.
After buying 30 great balls and 5 super potions I was reduced to this.. ridiculous!
Sold a bunch of stuff I probably won't need to make me not entirely dirt poor.
And then I bought MORE Great balls. That was the second pokemon that eluded me and I won't let anything escape my grasp ever again.
…I just killed and butchered a legendary bird after half my team was injured by it.. i'm not in the mood.
I then approach some people in silly outfits.
ImageImage
Hrm.. sounds interesting. Thanks for telling me your plans by the way, i'll definitely attend
I encountered a Gligar in the fire path but I forgot to screenshot it. Doesn't really matter much though, since I simply just ignored it.
Also, this happened. It is also pretty great.
After that I battled a bunch of trainers that were all boring and eventually found this rest house.
Come to think of it.. I do need a rest.
What? But I just-hey! Is that.. TEEEEVVEEEEEEE…
ImageImage
ImageImage
"Namely the fact that she is so gorgeous I just turned lesbian right now. She also has a level 18 blastoise, what's the deal with that!?"
"blah blah blah unimportant dialogue..Image
ImageImage
"…Like a rotten burrito."
Ha ha yeah.. I remember the camera guy almost pissed himself when he saw Cerebella.
ImageImage
Image"..eachother."Image
ImageImage
It is?
ImageImage
Yup.
ImageImage
Yup.
No, not really.
Best show ever.
Eh? What?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hrm.. it's not quite dignified but I suppose it may beat my current hobo style of mooching..
..nah.
Just incase I ever need more paralysis healing items since it seems like the status effect people keep annoying me with the most.
After that I head on to a rather interesting route.
Oooh, is it snowing!?
..why do I smell rotting eggs?
Ugh, go away spiky ash-fish. You're like Dan but with less character.
I've got to admit, i'm more amused by it than I should be.
ImageImage
Oh, get over yourself. God.. I hate people like that..
You would've been a very welcome find earlier.
It's like MAGIC! ~^.^~
ImageImage
Um,.. ok? Why are you breathing so heavily like that? Are you really ok with living in this ash-filled environment?
ImageImage
I knew it! He IS a wizard!
Alright, but you better teach me how to throw fireballs.
FFFFFF
Alright but, i'm pretty sure I don't have any caffeine types..
[one battle later..]
Well fine then! I'm just going to keep doing whatever i'm doing! Hmph!
ImageImage
That would be pretty rad.
ImageImage
Nah, too risky. you do make a tempting offer with the finger waggling though..
ImageImage
What do those shop keepers do with all these apparently valuable but useless items anyway?
Last edited by TeamRocketRox on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:04 pm
Um.. I hope it's still ok to post in this topic after this long but anyway part 1 of chapter 5 is finally posted. I have no excuse for the inactivity tis time other than a combination of writers block, lack of interest, and a sudden hatred of mauville/slateport. It's long so I split it in half. Expect part 2 real soon and chapter 6 not too long after.(Yeah.. I actually completely finished chapter 6 before getting back to chapter 5.)
I'm not very fond of chapter 5 to be honest. It feels a bit like filler but chapter 6 is much better, I swear.
Edit: Part 2 is up.
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:43 pm
Since she mentioned it on MSN and I've noticed a lack of activity here:
Part 6 of Rox's Nuzlocke Emerald Randomizer is up...and what do you mean Quilfish is a less awesome Dan?!

EDIT: Actually I kinda want to do one again, but don't know what theme to choose:
a) Pokemon Eater Tay again
b) Mad Scientist
c) Theme of Colour/Type/Whatever
It'll be Emerald Randomizer as well, for the funs.
Spoiler
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:53 am
TeamRocketRox wrote:Um.. I hope it's still ok to post in this topic after this long but anyway part 1 of chapter 5 is finally posted. I have no excuse for the inactivity tis time other than a combination of writers block, lack of interest, and a sudden hatred of mauville/slateport. It's long so I split it in half. Expect part 2 real soon and chapter 6 not too long after.(Yeah.. I actually completely finished chapter 6 before getting back to chapter 5.)
I'm not very fond of chapter 5 to be honest. It feels a bit like filler but chapter 6 is much better, I swear.
Edit: Part 2 is up.

It's all good. I enjoy the captions XD. Also, don't worry about bumping it. Better to use the original thread then just making a new one.

G1ThunderPlant wrote:a) Pokemon Eater Tay again

This, lol
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:13 pm
I'd been waiting to see if there'd be Pokémon Z or not, and since Sun and Moon were announced, it seemed like there wasn't going to be one, so I just got Pokémon Y, and I decided I'd try to do a blind nuzlocke run of it.

Please don't spoil anything for me.

Interweb's Nuzlocke Challenge Number Two: Redemption: Y Version: The Sequel: The Prequel

Trainer: Yellow

Rules
Spoiler
- Battle Style: Set

- Dupes clause is in effect:
  • Other stages of a Pokémon's evolutionary line are still counted as duplicates
  • If the original Pokémon has been KO'd, duplicate catch is allowed
- Use of legendaries is not allowed

- Non-NPC trades are not allowed

- Exp. Share is banned

- More as I come up with them
---
Part 1: Whole New World, Same Old Mechanics
Spoiler

- So yeah, picked the girl character, and since this is the Y version, I wanted to have a name that started with a Y. I liked the blonde haired character model the best, and from my limited understanding, X & Y are a quite fansevice-y for Gen I Pokémon fans, so Yellow seemed like a fitting enough name.

- For the nickname, I chose Yel, which is obviously just an abbreviated version of Yellow. I did quite like Shauna's (?) suggestion, Li'l Y because it looks a bit like Lily, but that doesn't really make much sense as a nickname for Yellow, so I came up with my own nickname.

- Picked Fennekin as the starter - named it Mozilla, as it is a fire fox.

- Bought 3 Potions for safety since I am doing this blind.

- Also 5 Poké Balls, even though I'm probably going to get some for free soon. Why were these sold at a different location from potions though?

- Fennekin knows Ember from the get-go? I'm not sure how to feel about that.

- Met and caught lv.3 Pidgey on Route 2. Was expecting to get that red and gray bird as my normal flying type, but I'll take it.

- Named the Pidgey Bord. NOW I AM INVINCIBLE! (http://www.twitch.tv/klaige/v/5746346)

- Catching tutorial? But I already caught a Pokémon! >>

- Got balls. Good thing I bought my own for that Pidgey though.

- Bunnelby for next encounter: I wish this had been the first one, so I could've had more unfamiliar Pokémon on my team.

- Caught a lv.4 Fletchling in Santalune Forest. I guess I got what I wanted, but I'm not sure I needed another flying type.

- Named the Fletchling Birdramon, because A) It's a Digimon B) It's a gigantic bird, while Fletchling is really tiny, and C) Birdramon is orange, and Fletchling also has reddish-orange on it's head.
I've also been watching some Digimon Adventure lately, so that probably has something to do with it.

- Youngster Joey????? No Rattata, though. :/

- A trainer with a Pikachu - good thing I didn't choose the frog starter, or I might've been in trouble.

- Pikachu says it's own name now? Oh no...

- I kind of want a Raichu myself.

- And my Pokémon from Route 3 will be... a lv. 4 Bidoof? AHAHAHAHA! I guess I found my HM slave. Just need to train it enough to make it evolve.

- A freaking Bidoof escaped from the first Poké Ball at half health without a single shake. D:
I suppose this Bidoof must be better than your average Bidoof. Spartacus seemed like an apt name for it.

- Arrived at Santalune City

- Would love to buy new clothes, but money's still a bit tight, so I think I'll pass. Changed my clothing from the default getup though.

- Healed the team and stopped playing there for now.[/list]

Current team:
Mozilla
Fennekin (M), Lv. 9
Blaze
Gentle (Sp.Def+, Def-)
Scratch, Tail Whip, Ember

Bord
Pidgey (F), Lv. 9
Keen Eye
Careful (Sp.Def+, Sp.Atk-)
Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust

Birdramon
Fletchling (F), Lv. 8
Big Pecks
Adamant (Atk+, Sp.Atk-)
Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack

Spartacus
Bidoof (F), Lv. 6
Simple
Docile (Neutral)
Tackle, Growl

Part 2: PR Expert
Spoiler

- Still not really used to the 8-directional binary-state movement of the game

- Someone wants to trade Bunnelby for Farfetch'd. I obviously don't have a Bunnelby, but I have wanted to raise a Farfetch in a playthrough of a Pokémon game for a long time

- Route 22 before going to gym

- Caught a Lv. 6 Bunnelby and named it Yumigami after the rabbit god in Okami. I'm a bit worried it'll end up being just another Bidoof, but we'll see.

- Decide not to trade it for Farfetch'd because I already have 2 flying types in my team

- This game has roller skates instead of a bike? I'll miss the bike music, and it's a shame seeing the tradition being broken like this, but the transition is seamless, and you can actually move in more than 8 directions. Thatäs nice.

- 1st gym is apparently a bug type one. I have two flying types and a fire type, so I should be alright.

- Opt out from teaching Yumigami Doubleslap due to its unreliability.

- Finish the gym leader with Spartacus at 3 HP and Yumigami at 4 HP. Mozilla and Birdramon are at about half health.

- Gym leader Viola: "You and your Bidoof have shownm me a whole new depth of field!" Should've probably said Fennekin or Fletchling instead of Bidoof, if that was meant to be a compliment.

- Now that I have some extra money, I purchased a Cycling Cap. Also, got a grey Button Accessory, because it looked like a Boulderbadge from a distance.

- Got Exp. Share. I've heard this breaks the game, so I turned it off immediately, and don't plan to ever turn it on.

- Route 4: Lv. 7 Combee... I've always wanted to use a Vespiquen, but it's a MALE Combee. Urghlfghjgjg

- Caught it just so I can confirm that it dies properly instead of just fainting (yeah, I was salty)

- Man, the camera in Luminose City is awful.

- Worker: "I'm sorry. There's a blackout. You can't go farther until it's fixed." But you're letting everyone else walk through there! >_>

- Changed my eye color to hazel, and spent way too much time making a Trainer PR video ( https://youtu.be/AZFvOvUKK1M )

- Not sure if I get the point whole point of Pokémon-Amie. Seems kind of pointless to me

- Super Training seems pretty cool, I guess

- I wish they introduced these things properly at some point instead of relying on the player stumbling upon them - even though ultimately they won't matter much to majority of players.

- Sycamore's Lab: Oh I get to battle against the professor? Neat! I've always wanted to fight a professor ever since I learnt about the Prof. Oak trainer data in Gen I games.

- Wanted to pick Charmander, but I already had Fennekin. Mega Charizard Y is the best starter Megalution, though...

- Went with Bulbasaur for type coverage, and because Mega Blastoise still looks awful. Named it Green because I was out of creative juices, and because it kind of fits considering that I already named the trainer Yellow after one of the Gen I games.

- Some talk about Mega Evolutions, which... Okay, to be honest, I don't really like the idea of Mega Evolutions, or at least the way they were implemented. That's my opinion, at least based on my experiences with the ORAS demo, which admittedly was somewhat limited. For a Pokémon like Beedrill, it's fine, but the way Megas have been distributed among Pokémon has been kind of ass, since it was mostly a popularity contest. Understandable from a marketing perspective, but still unfortunate.

- Anyway, apparently my next stop is Café Soleil, but this is where I stopped playing for now.[/list]

Current team:
Mozilla
Fennekin (M), Lv. 14
Blaze
Gentle (Sp.Def+, Def-)
Scratch, Tail Whip, Flame Charge, Howl

Bord
Pidgey (F), Lv. 13
Keen Eye
Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust, Quick Attack

Birdramon
Fletchling (F), Lv. 12
Big Pecks
Adamant (Atk+, Sp.Atk-)
Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Peck

Spartacus
Bidoof (F), Lv. 12
Simple
Docile (Neutral)
Tackle, Growl, Defense Curl

Yumigami
Bunnelby (F), Lv. 13
Cheek Pouch
Bashful (Neutral)
Tackle, Mud-Slap, Leer, Quick Attack

Green
Bulbasaur (M), Lv. 10
Overgrow
Jolly (Spd+, Sp. Atk.-)
Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

---

Graveyard
Wrongbee
Combee (M), Lv. 7
Honey Gather
Jolly (Spd+, Sp. Atk-)
Sweet Scent, Gust

Part 3: Doduo Duo Duel
Spoiler

- Purchased some status healing items. I'm surprised status effects haven't really been a problem yet. I was expecting getting poisoned a lot in the forest.

- Boutique Couture is not letting me shop there because I'm not "stylish enough". Fine! I don't even want to shop there, if the staff is so rude! ;_;

- Was offered a Wonder Trade. Considered it, but to my understanding, the Pokémon from the trade can be any level, so I declined, as that might've made the game way too easy.

- Coiffure Clips: Got a new haircut: Short hair with bangs

- Café Soleil: Yup, Lysandre sure is obsessed with beauty. Mad like a proper Pokémon villain team leader.

- So the only reason Calem wanted to meet me at the café was to ask if I wanted to compete with him? Well, that was pointless. He didn't even specify, in what way he'd like to compete in, other than it having something to do with Pokémon. /smh

- Updated the PR video to include the new hair style. Not going to bother recording it again, though.

- O-Powers. Not sure if I should use them or not during the challenge run. I'm leaning towards "no". Same with super training.

- Encounter with Korrina, Shalour City Gym Leader, and her two Lucarios on route 5. Fighting type gym coming up next?

- Surprise battle with Tierno. Dude only has a Corphish. I feel sorry for him.

- Green tries learning Poison Powder and Sleep Powder - I only keep Sleep Powder. It seems to be more beneficial in this type of playthrough.

- Almost lost Birdramon to an enemy Kadabra. I forgot how powerful Kadabra is early game. He also "cheated" by using Kinesis a lot to lower my accuracy.

- First encounter was another Bunnelby. Second one was a Lv. 10 Doduo. I already have two Normal/Flying types, but I do really like Doduo.

- Named it Doduno because, if it wants to be on my team, it better be the best of its kind: Doduo numero uno.

- Switched Doduno with Bord because I've already used the Pidgey evolutionary line more times than I can remember. Of course, this means that I'm no longer invincible, but I guess a nuzlocke wouldn't be any fun without the danger of losing.

- Oh wow! Had I been a bit luckier, I could've had a Gulpin in a nuzlocke run again. A shame.

- A trainer battle against a Doduo with my Doduo. It's the Doduo duo duel! Time for my Doduo to prove its supremacy and live up to its name. (And so he did!)

- Furfou seems like a pretty good Pokémon. Even these wild ones are giving problems with their stat lowering moves.

- Arrived at Camphrier Town, met Cassius - the PC box person of the generation, and entered the Shabboneau castle. Seems like there's trouble on Route 7.

- Found the berry farm on Route 7. They forced me to do berry farming for them, even though I told them several times I didn't want to do it.

- I found a Miracle Seed there though! Green gets to hold it.

- Snorlax sleeping on Route 7! Oh boy! Oh but no one has a Poké Flute. I guess Snorlax would've been too powerful so early in the game.

- Never mind. Parfurm Palace has one, apparently. Just need to cross Route 6 to get there.

- Route 6 had no encounters because I couldn't enter the grassy parts, but Doduno learned Fury Attack in a trainer battle. Replaced Rage with it because Doduno doesn't really have the bulk to take full advantage of Rage.

- Spartacus obliterated one of the trainers with Rollout, even though she was paralyzed most of the battle. After the Rollout frenzy, she also evolved into a Bibarel. Now she's truly ready to become an HM slave.

- Poison no longer affects the Pokémon outside of battle? Man, this game is too easy.

- Phoned Phil the Photo Guy for the first time. Got a nice picture too! ( http://i.imgur.com/fzV5PY1.png ) Gave him a grand tip of 1,000 Pokémon dollars to see if anything happened. I really expected nothing to happen, and nothing did, so... way to go, me?

- They forced another 1 grand out of me to enter the palace. ;_;
I wonder if Shauna pays for your entrance, if you don't have the money.

- Not tipping the singer in the palace - if you can afford to enter this place, you probably don't need any more money.

- This place is actually a bit bigger than I'd anticipated.

- I wish you could see higher-res versions of the painting on the wall somehow.

- Found Cut in the garden - and so the slavery finally begins

- Found the owner's missing Furfou. Lame puzzle, because Shauna straight up gives out the answer almost immediately, and is only willing to stand in a few very specific places.

- Got the Poké Flute. Are Awakenings now useless like they were in Gen I after getting the flute?

- I'll stop here. Next time: catch something on Route 6, and wake up Snorlax![/list]

Current team:
Mozilla
Fennekin (M), Lv. 15
Blaze
Gentle (Sp.Def+, Def-)
Quick Claw
Scratch, Tail Whip, Flame Charge, Howl

Birdramon
Fletchling (F), Lv. 14
Big Pecks
Adamant (Atk+, Sp.Atk-)
Pecha Berry
Tackle, Agility, Quick Attack, Peck

Spartacus
Bibarel (F), Lv. 15
Simple
Docile (Neutral)
Cut, Water Gun, Defense Curl, Rollout

Yumigami
Bunnelby (F), Lv. 14
Cheek Pouch
Bashful (Neutral)
Pecha Berry
Tackle, Mud-Slap, Leer, Quick Attack

Green
Bulbasaur (M), Lv. 15
Overgrow
Jolly (Spd+, Sp. Atk.-)
Miracle Seed
Take Down, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

Doduno
Doduo (M). Lv. 14
Early Bird
Quirky (Neutral)
Amulet Coin
Peck, Growl, Quick Attack, Fury Attack

---

Cassius's PC
Bord
Pidgey (F), Lv. 13
Keen Eye
Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust, Quick Attack

---

Graveyard
Wrongbee
Combee (M), Lv. 7
Honey Gather
Jolly (Spd+, Sp. Atk-)
Sweet Scent, Gust

Part 4: The Reboot With the Same Name
Spoiler

- Well, this is kind of awkward. Notice how I claimed that this game was too easy in the last part? Well, about that... I got destroyed by a trainer couple double battle using two Furfrous. And it was the very first thing I did after picking up the game after the last update. Would've probably been fine if I'd started out with Green, or sacrificed a Pokémon to switch him in, but I tried to save everybody, so I switched Bulbasaur in mid-turn. He did not live long enough to put the Furfrous to sleep, so I got wrecked.

- Thankfully, this happened so early in the game, that starting anew, and catching up to where I left wasn't too big of a deal. So, using the same rule set as before, I did just that.

- Chose Chespin as my starter this time. Had to look up what animal it was supposed to based on because I could not tell for the life of me. Apparently it's a hedgehog or a porcupine? OK, I'll name it Scourge

- Caught a Lv. 2 Scutterbug on Route 2. Named it Humbug.

- Nabbed a Lv. 4 Pansear in Santalune Forest. It's a chimpanzee in red, so I call him Diddy.

- Route 3: A Lv. 4 Bidoof... Why am I not surpri- And I just accidentally killed it. Great.

- Oh the clothing shop has different colored stuff this time. I wonder if they change daily, or if it's based on the save file. Either way, managed to get the same hat and pin as last time.

- Route 22: Humbug evolved into a Spewpa after the first encounter, which was a Lv. 5 Bunnelby that I named Bugs Warner.

- Traded Bugs Warner to a Farfetch'd called Quacklin'. It's at level 10 despite Bunnelby being only level 5, and his moves are Leer, Firy Cutter, Fury Cutter, and Aerial Ace. Holy shit, that's a good move set for early in the game.

- Humbug evolved again after beating Viola. This time to Vivillon.

- Caught a Lv. 7 Flabébé on Route 4. How is that not a Grass type? That's very deceptive.
Named my very first Fairy type after Airy from Bravely Default.

- Got Squirtle from Sycamore. Blue was the obvious name after Bulbasaur being Green.

- Slightly different haircut this time: bobbed with bangs.

- First encounter on Route 5 was a Lv. 9 Bunnelby. Already caught one, but I did trade it away, so I guess I have to catch this one. Probably not going to end up using it. Her name shall be Eva Earlong.

- Squirtle learns Bubble after Water Gun? That feels so wrong, although it seems like they've powered it up to have the same base power as Water Gun, so I'll take it.

- My very first horde battle was against 5 Gulpins. Blue tanked all their hits and destroyed them with bubbles.

- Scourge evolved into a Quilladin after the second trainer battle on Route 6.

- Finally having caught up to my lost progress, this time I managed to beat the Furfrous with no casualties, thanks to Humbug.

- Caught a Lv. 11 Oddish on Route 6. I call him Blu Man Root.

- Blue evolved into a Wartorle after Backpacker Roderick's Bunnelby.

- Oh... I have to hand over the Poké Flute and don't get to keep it. Damn.

- Oh, I actually get the chance to catch a Snorlax this early? Seriously? Nice! This should make the challenge a lot easier.

- A critical hit killed it. Thanks again Humbug, I appreciate it.

- Can't be too mad: I probably wouldn't have been able to catch it anyway. I forgot to stock up on Great Balls before waking up the Snorlax.

- I guess I can't catch another Pokémon here either because of Snorlax being in the way. Mrgrgr. Nevertheless the first encounter was another Flabébé, which I obviously wouldn't have caught anyway, but this one had blue leaves instead of yellow like my Flabébé's. I wonder if that varies by location, or if it's completely random everywhere.

- Oh hey, there's the Day Care! Not leaving my Pokémon here though.

- Tierno, why are you looking for a Dunsparce. I really shouldn't be.

- Battle Chateau: Hey, it's Viola again.

- I'm a Baroness now? Getting a title of honour so easy? How come I'm not a baron in real life then?

- I wonder how these Writs wor- 50,000 Pokémon dollars!? Nopenopenopenopenope!

- These Barons and Baronesses are all really easy. Beat them all, but my rank still hasn't gone up.

- Never mind. They made me a Viscountess as I was leaving. I was hoping to get some kind of item prize as well, but alas, no such luck. I'll probably still come back at a later time though.

- Calem wants to team up with me against Tierno and Trevor now. Didn't he say he wanted to compete against me to see which of us is stronger? Wouldn't it make more sense for us to be on opposing teams then?

- Airy evolves into a Floette after the battle.

- Another Phil the Photo Guy place. Nice. http://i.imgur.com/jTmKnQX.jpg

- The road splits into two. I'll probably check out the cave next because the town Calem wanted to go to is in the other direction, so there might be some extra goodies in the cave.

- I'm liking my current team a lot more than the previous one. More diversity this time around.[/list]

Current team:
Scourge
Quilladin (M), Lv. 19
Overgrow
Naive (Spd+, Sp. Def-)
Miracle Seed
Leech Seed, Bite, Vine Whip, Rollout

Humbug
Vivillon (M), Lv. 18
Compound Eyes
Hardy (Neutral)
Psybeam, Struggle Bug, Stun Spore, Protect

Diddy
Pansear (M), Lv. 18
Gluttony
Relaxed (Def+, Spd-)
Fury Swipes, Incinerate, Yawn, Lick

Quacklin'
Farfetch'd (M), Lv. 18
Keen Eye
Jolly (Spd+, Sp. Atk-)
Knock Off, Fury Cutter, Fury Attack, Aerial Ace

Airy
Floette (F), Lv. 19
Flower Veil
Relaxed (Def+, Spd-)
Amulet Coin
Tackle, Razor Leaf, Fairy Wind, Lucky Chant

Blue
Wartortle (M). Lv. 18
Torrent
Calm (Sp. Def+, Atk-)
Tackle, Tail Whip, Bubble, Bite

---

Cassius's PC
Eva Earlong
Bunnelby (F), Lv. 9
Cheek Pouch
Brave (Atk+, Spd-)
Tackle, Agility, Leer, Quick Attack

Blu Man Root
Oddish (M), Lv. 11
Chlorophyll
Relaxed (Def+, Spd-)
Absorb, Sweet Scent, Acid

---

Ex-Partners
Bugs Warner
Bunnelby (M), Lv. 5
Pickup
Rash (Sp. Atk+, Sp. Def-)
Tackle, Agility, Leer

Part 5: The Big One
Spoiler
Image Image

- Forgot about Quick Claw, so I went back to get it.

- Taught Diddy Cut over Fury Swipes, and found Sharp Beak, which I gave to Quacklin'

- Put Blu Man Root in the Day Care

- Encountered a Lv. 15 Wishmur om Connecting Cave. Do I really need to come up with another nickname for a bunny Pokémon?

- Nope. Accidentally ran away trying to switch my Pokémon after a failed capture.

- Need Strength to go any farther; I guess I'll go back and take the other way then.

- Aaaand I end up in the same cave anyway. Great. Also, Zubats, haven't seen those yet, which is surprising.

- Caught a Lv. 15 Mienfoo on Route 8. Named in Kung Pow.

- Aww, Inkay looks cute. Wouldn't have minded getting one of those, though I probably should've had to replace Blue, which would've been a shame.

- Oh no! A wild Seviper Poison Tail crit Humbug, which took him down to 4 HP and poisoned him. I didn't have time to save him. ;_;

- Drifloon would also not have been a bad Pokémon to get here.

- Got Rock Smash in Ambrette Town. Thank goodness it's a TM again and not an HM. Taught it to Kung Pow, and taught some other TMs to my other Pokés as well.

- How does this random Hiker know about Genesect? That Pokémon should not be common knowledge. There must be more to this Hiker than meets the eye.

- Got the Old Rod. Tried it out on Route 8, and encountered a Luvdisc. I was expecting a Magikarp, to be honest, but in a way, Luvdisc is even worse.

- Oh, you can fish in Ambrette Town as well? I kind of want to wait until I get a Good Rod though.

- Riding a Ryhorn on Route 9. That's pretty neat.

- Encountered a Lv. 16 Sandile. Unfortunately failed to catch it because I forgot that Sandile are part dark types, so Kung Pow Rock Smashing it wasn't as good of an idea as I'd thought.

- Helioptile is kind of cute as well. Not sure what its typing is though. It knows ground and electric type moves, but fighting was super effective against it, so it's partially dark maybe?

- Sky Trainer says he wants to do SKy Battles, and I take his challenge. He claims I don't have any flying Pokémon, even though Farfetch'd is the very first Pokémon in my party. >_>

- Glittering Cave looks cool inside. First encounter was a Lv. 17 Onix. Hell yeah! Caught him and named him Slitherstone.

- Wouldn't have minded a Solrock (or a Lunatone, if that appears here in this game as well).

- First time meeting Team Flare. Beat 'em up with Calem's help.

- Jaw or Sail Fossil? Uhh, I really don't know which I should get, but I'll take the Sail Fossil.

- Y'know, the bag is not as well organised as it was in some of the older games. HMs not being listed separately from TMs, capture balls not having their own pocket, etc.

- Scourge should really learn a new grass type move already

- Got Aerodactylite

- Restored the Sail Fossil, and got Amaura. Named it Blizard because she's an Ice type and a dinosaur, which admittedly aren't really lizards, but the word does translate to "terrible lizard", so close enough.

- I was expecting a part Water or Flying type because of the fossil name, but I like Ice, so I'll make her a permanent member of my team. Replaced Diddy. Almost replaced Airy at first because I wanted to be able to use Cut, but I think I can sacrifice a move slot from Scourge.

- Got the Dowsing Machine. I like how it works in this game.

- Cyllage City Café. Did I really just pay a ton just to get some juice, and to see someone show off their Pidgeotto? What a ripoff. >_>

- Rest and Sleep Talk TMs. If only I'd captured that Snorlax...

- This guy wants to trade a Luvdisc to a Steelix. I could try to get a Luvdisc with an Old Rod, but I already have an Onix, so I guess I'm not allowed to trade for a Steelix.

- Oh, so bicycles are in the game after all? Nice! Picking the Yellow bike for obvious reasons.

- Got some new clothes (Blue Striped Tanktop, Accented Lime Green Jeans)

- Got Strength

- Welp. Blizard became deader than a fossil already. For some reason I thought that Rock wasn't very effective against Rock (let's blame Gen I, where most rock types are partially ground types as well). Basically, a Dweble of all things landed 4 hits with Rock Blast, and that was it.

- Diddy's back on the team. Would've been interested in seeing how Blu Man Root has grown, but you still can't access Day Care from the PC, even though that should've been a thing at least three generations ago, and I'm not going to go all the way back there to check up on him.

- Beat most, if not all, trainers in the gym. Gonna check out Route 10 before tackling the Gym Leader. I feel a bit underleveled anyway.

- Encountered a Lv. 19 Snubbull on Route 10. Named him Bully.

- I'm surprised they let me go all the way to the next town like this.

- Phil the Photo Guy in Geosenge Town. [link]

- Oh, there are wild Eevees on Route 10? I would've liked to get one of those.

- Gym Leader has an Amaura too? Way to rub salt to my wounds ;_; I guess I would've gotten a Tyrunt from the Jaw Fossil. Fight wasn't nearly as bad as I'd anticipated.

- Hey, Team Flare's on Route 10 now. This Golbat is kind of ass.

- Flare is in Geosenge now too. But the dude disappeared at a dead end, at some stone structure. I'll probably have to come back here later in the game.

- Met Korrina and her Lucarios again. Gave me a bit of a hard time with their Power Up Punches, but managed to beat her two Lucarios.
By the way, shouldn't I get the gym badge for beating you just now, Korrina? No? I'm pretty sure I should.

- A Lv. 23 Hariyama on Route 11. Already have a fighting type, but this could be good against those Lucarios in the upcoming gym. Oh, never mind, he used Whirlwind on me and escaped.

- Double battle against Mr. Mime and Machoke: RIP Diddy.

- Picked Slitherstone from the PC.

- Another Sky Trainer who doesn't accept Quacklin' as a Flying type. >_>

- Can't bike or skate inside the Reflection Cave. Can't use a Dowsing Machine either. :/

- Fight againt the Linoone trainer. Scourge finally learns a better Grass move: Needle Arm.

- First wild Pokémon encounter in Reflection Cave is a horde of Lv. 11 Mime Jr.s. Their levels are quite low, and none of my Pokémon have False Swipe, but I managed to capture one. Named her Missy. Gonna catch her up in levels before moving any farther.

- Kung Pow can learn Calm Mind? Does he learn Aura Sphere or something? Right now the only special attack he has is Swift, and Calm Mind is really not worth it just for that. I'll pass for now, and hope that I have access to a Move Relearner if he ever learns Aura Sphere.

- Missy has only gained 2 levels, and I already miss the old Exp. Share hold item.

- Oh man! Blu Man Root has gained 16 levels and is now level 27! I should probably take him back. He doesn't know Acid anymore, but I'll just teach him Venoshock. Would've preferred to have Poison Powder over Stun Spore, but still not a bad move set for an Oddish.

- Skipped on Psywave because I figured that Confusion was more reliable, and a better move also because it can cause confusion status.

- Y'know, I came all the way here to do battles and to train Missy: Let's do more Battle Chateau.

- Viscount(esse)s Pokémon are level 20? I was expecting slightly higher levels, but this works just fine.

- I kind of want a Skrelp...

- Beat everyone in the Chateau again. Didn't get a new title though.

- Going back to Reflection Cave, purchased new clothing on the way. (Black Striped Tank Top, Blue Damaged Skinny Jeans, and Red Enamel-Striped Purse)

- Back at Reflection Cave: Wild Wobbuffet are the worst.

- Trainer Battle: Throh is ridiculously buff. He can really tank hits. Hawlucha Rock Tombed Quacklin' to his tomb in the same fight. Aerial Aced the rest. Would've been fine if I'd prepared with enough healing items, but alas...

Yeah, that's another failed Nuzlocke attempt. I wasn't expecting to finish this one because I died so early in the first attempt, but I was hoping on clearing one or two more gyms before this happened. Going to give the blind nuzlocke one more go, but if I fail that one, I'll just play through the game normally. Might do a nuzlocke after that, if I fail the attempt, but we'll see.

Going to try playing it safer the next time, and maybe even do some grinding at some points.

Current team:

---

Cassius's PC
Eva Earlong
Bunnelby (F), Lv. 9
Cheek Pouch
Brave (Atk+, Spd-)

Blu Man Root
Oddish (M), Lv. 27
Chlorophyll
Relaxed (Def+, Spd-)
Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Mega Drain, Venoshock

Slitherstone (F), Lv. 18
Onix
Sturdy
Impish (Def+, Sp. Atk-)
Rock Throw, Rock Tomb, Rage, Stealth Rock

Bully
Snubbull (M), Lv. 19
Run Away
Relaxed (Def+, Spd-)
Charm, Bite, Lick, Headbutt

---

Graveyard
Humbug
Vivillon (M), Lv. 18
Compound Eyes
Hardy (Neutral)
Psybeam, Struggle Bug, Stun Spore, Protect

Blizard
Amaura (F), Lv. 21
Refrigerate
Lonely (Atk+, Def-)
Icy Wind, Take Down, Mist, Aurora Beam

Diddy
Pansear (M), Lv. 24
Gluttony
Relaxed (Def+, Spd-)
Cut, Flame Burst, Yawn, Bite

Scourge
Quilladin (M), Lv. 26
Overgrow
Naive (Spd+, Sp. Def-)
Miracle Seed
Leech Seed, Bite, Needle Arm, Return

Quacklin'
Farfetch'd (M), Lv. 26
Keen Eye
Jolly (Spd+, Sp. Atk-)
Sharp Beak
Knock Off, Swords Dance, Slash, Air Cutter

Airy
Floette (F), Lv. 25
Flower Veil
Relaxed (Def+, Spd-)
Amulet Coin
Return, Miracle Leaf, Fairy Wind, Wish

Blue
Wartortle (M). Lv. 26
Torrent
Calm (Sp. Def+, Atk-)
Quick Claw
Return, Strength, Bubble, Bite

Kung Pow (F) Lv. 25
Mienfoo
Regenerator
Careful (Sp. Def+, Sp. Atk-)
Rocky Helmet
Rock Smash, Meditate, Swift, Fake Out

Missy (F), Lv. 21
Mr. Mime
Filter
Gentle (Sp. Def+, Def-)
Confusion, Mimic, Encore, Double Slap

---

Ex-Partners
Bugs Warner
Bunnelby (M), Lv. 5
Pickup
Rash (Sp. Atk+, Sp. Def-)
Tackle, Agility, Leer

Part 6: History Repeating or The Bigger One or Can't Stop Fighting
Spoiler

- Hadn't tried out Froakie yet, so the starter pick was obvious. Named him Frogfucius.

- Got a level 3 Zigzagoon on Route 2, and named him Sgt. Awful. Didn't even know he appeared here, but I'll take it.

- Found Wigglesting, a level 2 Weedle, in Virid- I mean, Santalune Forest. Since Mega Beedrill is one of the few Megas I like, this could be good. Chances are that Weedle won't survive long enough for that though. (Author's note: at the time of posting this, I've found out that Beedrillite wasn't added until Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Damn.)

- Wigglesting evolved into a Kakuna on Route 3. Oh, and caught a Bidoof. Don't need her because of Sgt. Awful, but caught her anyway. Named her Fangief.

- Caught a Lv. 7 Farfetch'd on Route 7. Didn't even know they appeared in the wild in this game. Named the Farfetch'd Leekspin.

- Wigglesting evolved into a Beedrill after first gym.

- Y'know, it's ridiculous how early Zigzagoon learns Headbutt. It's a really powerful move so early in the game, causes flinch and gives him STAB.

- Route 4, Lv. 7 male Combee again. *sigh*

- Sycamore's Lab. Charmander. Red. You know why.

- Medium hair with bangs this time.

- Did the Restaurant Le Nah challenge in Luminose City. Achieved the goals they gave me and got 15 Tiny Mushrooms.

- Lv. 8 Bunnelby on Route 5. I really need one of these every playthrough, don't I? I call her Shovel Hare.

- Froakie gets Water Pulse already at level 14? Squirtle gets shafted.

- On Route 5, the last Scraggy of a Horde killed off Leekspin with a critical hit. Didn't even think I was in the range, but oh well...

- Red got a Shock Ribbon in the Camphrier Town hotel. Didn't get one in the previous attempts, and I'm not sure what that's about.

- Frogfucius evolved into a Frogadier after a trainer battle in the eastern part of Route 6.

- Lv. 12 Nincada joins the team on Route 6. Called him Cic-O.

- Red evolved after the second trainer battle on the same road.

- Caught the Snorlax this time. His name is now Largo.

- Level 13 Axew in the Connecting Cave. Nice, a Dragon type. Gave him the name, Haxsaur. As much as I would like to have a Ninjask, I'm going to box him for Haxsaur.

- Got a level 14 Seviper. Poisson will now distribute her poison to my enemies.

- Lv. 17 Sandile again. Didn't kill it this time. Felaricroc shall be his name

- Caught a Lv. 16 Cubone in Glittering Cave. Name is Jolly Roger, though the actual nature is Modest.

- I didn't know there were Kangaskhan in the Glittering Cave.

- Got the Jaw Fossil, which became a Tyrunt, which is very clearly a brown Yoshi, which can be abbreviated to Broshi.

- Sgt. Awful evolved into a Linoone on Route 8.

- Caught a level 19 Hawlucha on Route 10. Y'know, one of things that killed me off last time. Her name is now Falcodore. Never mind the fact that falcons and hawks are not actually the same kind of bird. Could be a useful Pokémon if one of my party members drop dead.

- Lv. 23 Staravia on Route 11. Platinumstar, because Gen IV.

- The double battle against Mr. Mime and Machoke claims another victim. Mr. Mime critical hit Psybeamed Haxsaur, which OHKOd him. Falcodore tags in.

- Caught a shiny Sigilyph on route 10 when I was about to start training Luchadore to catch her up in levels with the rest of the party. Obviously not going to use the Sigilyph in the nuzlocke, but I figured it was worth mentioning. Named her Insignia.

- Obtained the title of Countess in the Battle Chateau. Would've also done Sky Battles, but apparently Luchadore isn't a "Flying" Pokémon either. (Beedrill should be too, FFS)

- Reflection Cave: Caught a level 22 Solosis this time. Her name is Cellulitis.

- The same Hawlucha who wrecked me last time killed Falcodore. Damn. She would have been great in the next gym. At least I've caught up to the progress I lost. Cellulitis replaces her.

- They've changed how Flash functions. No longer is it used to light caves, but instead it's used to get fewer encounters. I didn't mind dark caves in the past, but I can't say I'll particularly miss them.

- A trainer sent out an Absol and I had Cellulitis out. My only hope of saving her was to switch out and hope the Absol didn't know Pursuit. It did.

- Been having trouble keeping all my new recruits after Largo alive, but nevertheless Platinumstar gets a chance to prove his worth.

- Aaaaaaand he's dead. Decided to do the Sky Battles because I finally could. First battle went fine, but in the second one I got unlucky against a Swoobat with Air Cutter. Why'd it have to have Air Cutter? >_>
I really should've waited until I was past the Fighting gym before trying out sky battles, but curiosity got the best of me.

- Took Broshi from the PC. Not going to grind him before continuing on; he's not going to be of much help in the next gym anyway.

- NPC in Shalour City wanted to see a Flying or Psychic type Pokémon.

- The Shalour City Gym sign calls Korrina "The Evolution fighter". I'm expecting a Mega Lucario at this point.

- Phil the Photo Guy next to the Tower of Mastery ( http://i.imgur.com/tUA9EoN.jpg )

- Calem wants to fight me over a Mega Evolution Stone. I kind of want to throw the fight, but nuzlocke rules and all

- So Korrina has no Lucario? That's really surprising. No mega evolution or fully evolved Pokémon either, so the "Evolution Fighter" title really misleading.

- A couple of Hone Claws and several OHKO hits later, my team lost to her Hawlucha. (Though Broshi gave her a fight, thanks to Eviolite).

- It's over. Nerf Hawlucha, pls.

And that's that. Done with the blind nuzlocke idea. Going to keep playing without the nuzlocke rules, though I'm obviously not going to log my adventure here anymore. Going to also form an entirely new team of 'Mons, because the dead should stay dead.

Current team:

---

Cassius's PC
Fangief
Bidoof (F), Lv. 4
Simple
Modest (Atk-, Sp. Atk+)

Shovel Hare
Bunnelby (F), Lv. 8
Cheek Pouch
Brave (Atk+, Spd-)

Cic-O
Nincada (M) Lv. 17
Compound Eyes
Bashful
(Neutral)
False Swipe, Fury Swipes, Leech Life, Sand Attack

Poisson
Seviper (F), Lv 14
Shed Skin
Gentle (Sp. Def+, Def-)
Swagger, Bite, Lick, Poison Tail

Feralicroc
Sandile
Intimidate
Gentle
(Sp. Def+, Def-)
Sand Attack, Torment, Sand Tomb, Assurance

Jolly Roger
Cubone (M), Lv. 16
Lightning Rod
Modest
(Sp. Atk+, Atk-)
Tail Whip, Bone Club, Headbutt, Leer

---

Graveyard
Leekspin
Farfetch'd (M), Lv. 15
Keen Eye
Lonely (Atk+, Def-)
Quick Claw (This could've won me the Korrina match >_< )
Sand Attack, Aerial Ace, Fury Cutter, Knock Off

Haxsaur
Axew (M), Lv. 25
Rivalry
Bashful
(Neutral)
Slash, Assurance, Dragon Rage, Dual Chop

Falcodore
Hawlucha (F), Lv. 26
Limber
Brave
(Atk+, Spd-)
Karate Chop, Encore, Roost, Aerial Ace

Cellulitis
Solosis (F), Lv. 28
Overcoat
Rash
(Sp.Atk+, Sp.Def-)
Psyshock, Hidden Power (Ground), Light Screen, Endeavor

Platinumstar
Staravia (M), Lv. 25
Intimidate
Quirky (Neutral)
Aerial Ace, Double Team, Endeavor, Whirlwind

Frogfucius
Frogadier
Torrent
Naive
(Spd+, Sp. Def-)
Lick, Return, Water Pulse, Quick Attack

Sgt. Awful (M), Lv. 30
Linoone
Gluttony
Lonely (Atk+, Def-)
Strength, Cut, Sand Attack, Headbutt

Wigglesting (F), Lv. 31
Beedrill
Swarn
Jolly (Spd+, Sp. Atk-)
Poison Barb
Pin Missile, Venoshock, Toxic Spikes, Return

Red (M), Lv. 30
Charmeleon
Blaze
Bold (Def+, Atk-)
Charizarite Y
Shadow Claw, Dragon Rage, Fire Fang, Smokescreen

Largo
Snorlax
Immunity
Naughty (Atk+, Sp. Def-)
Rocky Helmet
Body Slam, Yawn, Snore, Rest

Broshi
Tyrunt (F), Lv. 27
Strong Jaw
Rash
(Sp. Atk+, Sp. Def-)
Eviolite
Ancient Power, Stealth Rock, Bite, Charm

---

Extra
Insignia
Sigilyph (F), Lv. 19
Wonder Skin
Quiet (Sp. Atk+, Spd-)
Psywave, Tailwind, Whirlwind, Psybeam
Last edited by Interweb on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:56 am, edited 9 times in total.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:47 pm
Added rules and part 2 to the post above.
PreviousNext

Return to Handheld Gaming