Pokemon Nuzlock

DS/3DS, Vita, PSP, Iphone, Droid
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:01 pm
Someone I know is trying this and I thought I'd give it a try.

Rules:
- You may only catch the first Pokemon you find in an area. If it dies or escapes, tough titties.

- If a Pokemon faints, you must release it or box it and never use it again.

You can further add more rules upon this if you wish. I'll be updating this post with the status on my own Nuzlock run, feel free to follow suit and discuss each other's challenges. I'll add links to your challenges here as well.

Current Brave Trainers:
Page 1:
-Distro
-JohnnyFarrar
-Raumulus
-Darkseid
-TheNaitokurabu
Page 3:
-Interweb

Version:Soul Silver
Name: Distro
Rival: Corrupt

Pokemon:
DarkSeid lv.30Image
Hardy lv.26Image
Fluffy lv.31Image
DemonGate lv.26Image
NearLover lv.28Image
Mexican lv.20Image

Box:
Spoiler
Tielfigs lv.3Image
Koari lv.10 Image
Gregie lv.10Image
FatSqueak lv.19Image
Croquet lv.20Image
Jsney lv.13Image
Unpro lv.20 Image
Fugoy lv.17Image
Finch lv.20Image
Kratos lv.18Image
Jawshy lv.19Image

DayCare:
Spoiler
none

Dead:
Spoiler
Chiara lv.28Image
Chiara was a valued warrior among my team. She was one of the first pokemon I caught and she was a loyal friend.
She was killed by an ice punch was sent to the graveyard. Rest in peace Chiara, you deserve it.

Events:
Spoiler
-Got Totodile, named it DarkSeid.
-Already decided to name my Rival "Corrupt" due to my shitty luck.
-Caugh a hoothoot,called it Chiara.
-Caught a Geodude, called it Hardy
-Caught a Ghastly, called it Croquet
-Caught a Zubat, called it Tielfigs
-Caught an Awesome Mareep, Called it Fluffy :3

After some grinding, I got Fluffy to learn thundershock and Hardy to learn rock throw and anhialated the first gym leader.
After some plot and stuff, I started my journey to the land of slowpokes and bugs:Azeala Town.
I caught myself a Magikarp named Mex, which I plan to leave at the daycare later on.
I also rushed to Ilex Forest since it was night and I wanted an Oddish, which I called DemonGate.
Now, I'm gonna grind some more and evolve both Chiara and Darkseid so they can face off against that shota trap Bugsy.

After more grindtacular adventures, Fluffy has become a flaffy and DarkSeid has evolved into a more intelligent form: That of a caveman.
I'm currently aiming to make chiara into a damn awesome Noctowl and Mex is still in the PC.

Upon reaching level 18 with Chiara, I decided to face off with Proton and made him bite the dust.
Afterwards, I started grinding chiara in the gym with and decided that at level 19, she was high enough to face Corrupt's Bayleef. The sad thing with Chiara is that her only flying type move is weak. However, she has the power of Hypnosis. I tested the idea of putting the enemy to sleep and pecking at them on Bayleef since it was suicidal to try it on Scyther. It worked really well and bayleef went down without to much trouble. Once I beat corrupt, I finally made Chiara evolve into a Noctowl in the grass near union cave(it was daytime, weedles are shit for experience -_-; ).

After healing, I went to face bugsy. Last time I got this far, it was less of a challenge since I had a pokemon with a stonger flying move. However, this time, I had to use strategy. I first used hypnosis on scyther to put it to sleep. I then proceeded to chip away at it's health with the super effective, yet still weak, peck. It took a while, but eventually, Scyther fainted and Chiara leveled up in the process. The rest of the battle was a peice of cake and I beat Bugsy.

After a satisfying battle, I put FatSqueek as my first pokemon so that I could level him up and continued on my journey. I helped this guy find his pets that had run away and gained the ever useful ability to cut down trees using DemonGate. I also cae across this weirdo who taught FatSqueek how to headbutt trees.
Once ought of the forest, I avoided the grass, not wanting to go in untill I knew the pokemon probabilities.
I face off a few trainers and left Mexican at the Daycare(hopefully will be at least level 15 soon).

Upon entering Goldenrod city, I healed my pokemon and decided to go get myself a bike and a radio(How is whitney a gym leader when she's THAT dumb!). I then went to the underground passage and beat the trainers there. Once that was done, I started to make my way up north. Once I had beaten most of the trainers, I decided to heal and go catch some pokemon.

I got lucky here. First, in the DayCare area, I came across a Drowzee. I named it Koari and Boxed it, not sure if I want to trade it for a machop though. Then, when I went up north, The first pokemon I caught was a Ditto, which is extremely rare. I called it Gregie and boxed it for now, but that was probably the best catch of the whole game.

Now, I plan on visiting the park next, but I will try to avoid the grass. After reading up online, I learned I might be able to get my favorite gen 4 pokemon (Shinx) once I get the shinnoh option for the radio, so I'm putting off walking in the grass there until I have a chance at catching it.

After visiting the park, I sadly learned that you cannot cut grass anymore like in the original. So I used a repel, which lasted long enough for me to actually face off against all 4 park trainers.
I also did not catch any new pokemon in suddowoodo's area so that I can try and catch him(might not use him though).

I then started grinding again. Out of curiosity, I checked on mex and found out he was now level 16 and the he ha learned tackle. I later learned that magikarp can't fight for it's own sake even with tackle. Moral of the story: Mexican is a bitch to train.

After some more grinding to try and evolve Mexican, FatSqueek and I had a great moment....and he evolved into a Togetic. I was so happy, this is the second time I manage to evolve togepi since I usually just don't have the patience for it. Funny thing about this is Togepi tried to learn encore at level 19, then it evolved and tried to learn it again XD

After some more grinding, I decided to try and beat Whitney using Hardy, now level 21.....and I won without ever seeing Miltank use rollout. It only used stomp and I only used rock smash, so it was a pretty easy fight. Funniest part is that Hardy learned Rollout by reaching level 22 after beating miltank XD

Following the last events, allot happened, and I mean ALLOT. First, after beating Whitney, I decided to go check on Croquet and saw it had grown to level 20. So I took Croquet out and boxed it, might train it later. I then healed my pokemon and captured myself a Sudowoodo that I named UnPro. It's a rock type like hardy, so I boxed it since Hardy's been with me longer and is therefor allot stronger. Mex finally evolved into a Gyarados, which caused me to say "Damn Mexican's so hard to train!", which became the skype chat's current title and picture.

Following those events, I got to ecruteak city, healed my pokemon, met bill and tried to catch a vulpix.....only to catch a ledyba named Jsney. I boxed it since the stats and type are not what I looking for. I then made my way back to Golderod city to get an Eevee from my dear friend bill. I called the Eevee NearLover and boxed FatSqueek since I already have a flying normal type. I also boxed Mexican since I needed DemonGate so I could cut down some trees.

I made my way back up and went to the right and received the HM for strength from a random hiker. I taght it to fluffy, and went grinding so that demon gate could grow and evolve. This is where I also learned that poison types are resistant to fighting types, which should come in handy during future fights.

I didn't catch any pokemon in the cave, but both DemonGate and Hardy evolved, and NearLover gained a few levels. I then headed towards burned tower and beat my rival, corrupt, in a battle of the gods. Again, I did not catch any pokemon here, I was pretty unlucky for most areas since last time.

Once I had finished exploring the tower, I healed up my team and started heading west. I missed catching a magnemite, but still caught a raticate and called it Fugoy because REAG! Once I got to Olivine, I healed and started working my way up the light house. My goal at this point was actually to level up Chiara, who was the strongest pokemon to use against ghost types. In the original, Morty's pokemon where all weak against ground type moves, so I used to teach dig to totodile(usually a feraligator at this point) and would clober the gym. However, in the remake, those damn ghost float and are unaffected by ground moves, making finding the TM in the park virtually pointless!

Anyways, after talking to Jasmine, I decided to man up and face Morty at the gym and I won thanks to Chiara and Hardy(I don't always call for backup, but when I do, Hardy is the man I call). Now, I can use surf, an HM which I caught for saving a geisha from a rocket grunt. in the original, I would always teach surf to my totodile(usually feraligator at this point) and this time is no exception. Surf is the strongest water type move, as well as the most useful. However, I'm not using it in a double battle, especially if Hardy is out.

Following that, I made my way to Cianwood and leveld upp fluffy and NearLover to the point where Darkseid wasn't really the leader anymore. I caught a tentacool and named it Kratos and I fished out dumb magikarps in the other areas.

Once at Cianwood, I got the medicine and fought off the suicune fanboy. I didn't challenge chuck yet because if I go in to early, I'll get roundhouse kicked and loose my whole team to his Poliwrath. So instead, I started grinding fluffy till he evolved into on of my favorite pokemon: Ampharos. The pokemon, which as a kid, I never really had, is just awesome to me. I think it relates back to how Jasmine is my favorite Gym leader. As aa kid, when I first met Jasmine, she was taking care of a sick Ampharos. It was the first actual gym where the leader was absent because she was actually helping the community. It's sad though that the best Gym Leader ever has no trainers in her gym, I feel sorry for her.

Anyways, back to my quest. So I get back to shore and decide to fish for some lulz and catch a Krabby. I called it Finch, gave it some whiskey and boxed it for now. I then made my way back to Violet city so that I could go to union cave and try to catch a natu.I caught a poliwag on the way, called it Jawshy and boxed it.

I went into unin cave and got all the way to the grass where natu is. I had a small battle, but at the last second....I killed it by accident. Well, seems like Chiara will be the main Psychic Bird in this team. Oh, and before I forget, I usually have horrible luck whit the legendary dogs and barely run into them. However, I have run into Entai twice in less then one hour during one of my sittings. I jsut really hope I don't get unlucky and that they show up in a new area.

After that little adventure, I decided to go show FatSqueek to the prof and he gave me an Everston cheap bastard. Now I plan on leveling up my team to level 30 and challenging chuck. I should be able to take out his Poliwrath easily with Fluffy and Chiara should be able to handle Primeape....I hope....

Allot has happend since the last time. Darkseid evolved after I grinded him up to level 30, he also learned crunch. I explored up to Lake of rage and fucked up on catching the red Gyarados. And once I was done up at the lake, I thought I was ready to face the gym....and I was wrong. I came in, confident of my abilities. I used DemonGate, who I learned was a great tank against fighting types. Then, horror struck. A Hitmonchan! It used tunderpuch on DemonGate, paralyzing it. I quickly went to switch it out, only to find out all of my pokemon where weak against this foe! I used Chiara, thinking she was strong enough. She got hit by an ice punch and barely survived. I used hypnosis on the foe, who fell asleep. I then healed Chiara, but the foe woke up and attacked. I had faith in Chiara's strenght, and I used confusion....but it did little damage to the foe. I begged the gods to go easy on my poor pokemon, but they didn't listen. With one last evil Ice Punch, I watched in horror as Chiara's HP went down to 0. I then heard a screech as she died in front of my eyes. I sent out DarkSeid, who managed to survive the encounter with a few burns. I quickly made my way out of the gym afterwards. I left Chiara in my graveyard, on my pc. I lost a big part of my team today....no, I lost a big part of myself today.

After the battle, I had to replace chiara with a backup. I decided to use Mexican, since Gyarados is a power house. However, this does not arrange my weakness to tri-element foes. I will make my team stronger, faster, better. I will avenge you, Chiara!
Last edited by Distrotion on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:45 am, edited 24 times in total.
^leads to My channel

Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:43 pm
Johnny Farrar's Pokemon Emerald Random Nuzlocke run

Player Name: Johnny

Starter: Cradily - Distrotion
Spoiler
Party:
Dis
Gliffie
Chikumo
Last edited by JohnnyFarrar on Fri May 18, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:20 pm
Events
Spoiler
Killed May. Dis lost an entire 3 health in the fight against her mudkip. A wild Foretress nearly killed me on the way back with selfdestruct.
Caught Milotic at Lvl. 2 on route 103, named it Gliffie. Took 3 pokeballs while in red health.
Caught Lvl. 3 Ursaring on route 102, named Chikumo.
After running into such crazy things, seeing trainers with Zigzagoons are just boring.
Ran into a wild Celebi -_-
Wally still managed to find a Ralts.
Last edited by JohnnyFarrar on Sat May 19, 2012 12:04 am, edited 14 times in total.
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:42 pm
Why the hell not? I'll give a Sapphire one a try.

Here is me starter
Image: Bilbo: Lv 5
See this? That is the shit that ChaoticMeltdown can do
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:29 pm
Can do. I hate the freakin Granite Cave, lost my Zigazoon and Makuhita in there

My awesome team: 2nd Gym

Spoiler
Image: Bilbo: Lv 18
Image Ed: Lv 17
Image: Sam: Lv 16

My team going around 3rd Gym. Caught a volbeat, just too weak to use, please let me catch a machop or koffing soon. Honesty, been very surprised by how good Loudred has been, that Uproar tears stuff up.
Spoiler
Image: Bilbo: Lv 26
Image: Ed: Lv 24
Image: Sam Lv 24

Following 3rd gym, got lucky, caught a couple of sweet pokemon, working my way toward Lavaridge, nothing funny happening yet
Spoiler
Image Bilbo: Lv 27
Image: Ed: Lv 25
Image: Sam: Lv 25
Image: Hulk: Lv15
Image: Novacane: Lv 15

Just got to Fallabor town, welcome to a new member to the family and say good bye to the Hulk, but hi to SPYRO!
Spoiler
Image Biblo: Lv 27
Image Ed: Lv 25
Image Novacane: Lv 24
Image Sandshrew: Lv 16
Image Spyro: Lv 15

Whole team got killed by Flannery's torkoal. God damn it.
Last edited by Raumulus on Wed May 16, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
See this? That is the shit that ChaoticMeltdown can do
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:34 pm
Okay, guys, please edit your post instead of posting new ones to keep this thread organized.
I'll post links to them later on.

PS: I'm naming mine after people I know from the net :P
^leads to My channel

Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:23 pm
Wish I would have thought of that.... Though I did name the rival Jared. They have similar hair, and I think I could see Jared abusing animals.
SA's #1 Bro
SA's #1 Bro
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:39 pm
I've actually been doing this on other sites (and it's where Distro discovered what Nuzlock is).

Might as well update here as well. I change the recent events part every day with the most recent events to cut down on the size.

GAME: HeartGold

NAME: DS

RIVAL: Atmora

MOST RECENT EVENTS: Nothing much to report today. I've been busy with a replay of No More Heroes. I did some exploring of the Union Cave's lower levels, the trainers down there are of rather high level and have a lot of water types. I need to get Croquet and Finch a bit stronger before going down there again. Finch especially, he can't take a hit well.

I just hit the jackpot. While on Route 39, I ran into a Magnemite. That's when I remembered that I had yet to actually run into any wild Pokemon on that route since I avoided the grass. I took my chance and caught the little bugger, named it Shafty because it looks like an emotionless robot that only follows assigned programming. That and I think it follows hipster trends for some reason. I got it up three levels pretty quick and taught it Thunderbolt with a TM I was saving and Charge Beam after finding that TM on the side of Olivine. This little bugger is going to be my main weapon on all those obnoxious water types in Union Cave. I put Nosebleed away for now, he's served his duties.

CURRENT TEAM:

Spoiler
Lv.20 Quilava (Female) - Phan-wulf Image

Lv.27 Raticate (Male) - Fugoy Image

Lv.25 Graveler (Female) - Nayoung Image

Lv.23 Drowzee (Female) - Croquet Image

Lv.22 Krabby (Male) - Finch Image

Lv.19 Magnemite - Shafty Image

IN STORAGE:

Spoiler
Lv.11 Zubat (Female) - Emily Image

Lv.15 Hoothoot (Female) - Sky Image

Lv.15 Togepi (Male) - Fat Squeek Image

Lv.5 Unown - Ghello Image

Lv.20 Sudowoodo (Male) - Unpro Image

Lv.18 Nidorina (Female) - Zepwich Image

Lv.15 Stantler (Female) - mscupcakes Image

Lv.10 Pidgey (Female) - chair Image

Lv.11 Magikarp (Male) - Hardy Image

Lv.19 Butterfree (Male) - Demon Gate Image

Lv.20 Koffing (Male) - Nosebleed Image
Last edited by Darkseid on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:24 pm
THE UPDATE YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!

Spoiler
NaitoKu got cornered by a Zigzagoon.
Zigzagoon used Maul his face.
Super Effective.
NaitoKu died. Lolz ensue.

I changed my mind yet again, I'm gunna be playing Emerald (Rom), just because I never played it :roll:

But seriously this. I'm excited.

I'm gonna be going by these rules myself:
1. Must release when a Pokemon faints.
2. Can only catch the first Pokemon
3. Must. Nickname. Everything.

And I'm still debating whether I should do this one, but...
4. Defeat = Game Over

Game: Emerald
Player: NaitoKu
Rival: _____

Party:
treefaggot
Lvl 6 Treecko

Events:
LittleRoot
Spoiler
After moving to LittleRoot, and setting my clock. I set out on a journey of Nuzlock. A game of death and competition.

When I got out there in the wild, I took a risk and took Treecko. I named him treefaggot after a memorable quote from my brother last Christmas. Ahh family.

After kicking May's ass and receiving my Pokeballs and Pokedex, I set out for Gym 1.

But then I loaded state 1 accidently q_q. And ended my session.
Last edited by Naitokurabu on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
Add me on Nintendo Network: ComicSans
PSN: Naitok
3DS: 5327 - 0924 - 4505

Spoiler
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:27 pm
Everyone, once you reach more than 6 pokemon, could you spoiler the lists please.Thank you :3
^leads to My channel

Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to Handheld Gaming