Pokemon Nuzlock

DS/3DS, Vita, PSP, Iphone, Droid
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:00 pm
Fun fact, that first patch of grass always starts with Pidgey.
twitter: @g1brent
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:44 am
smoke108 wrote:Fun fact, that first patch of grass always starts with Pidgey.
That's not fun! D:

If I were to redo this nuzlocke, I would probably not count it as an encounter then. Not that it would make a big difference in my team lineup or anything, but I do feel that an encounter like that kind of goes against the spirit of nuzlocke since there are other Pokémon available on that route, and Pidgey appears as a normal encounter as well.

Also, Part 3 is up.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:09 am
Part 4 is now live. Now with 100% new team.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:49 am
Part 5 added, and it's on the longer side due to laziness, and me not wanting to get too spammy.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:07 pm
Helioptile is part normal, which is why fighting was super effective. Also that Mr. Mime/Machoke double battle seems to be a tough point for most people.
twitter: @g1brent
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:03 am
Double battles in general tend to be trouble because the enemy can focus on just one of your Pokémon, which usually results in massive damage.

Updated the post again.
g1 of the year 2011
g1 of the year 2011
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:00 am
I'm about to start..... a very strange Nuzlocke of my own :P
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:13 am
I kinda decided to do a Nuzlocke run of Alpha Sapphire while I was starting a new file in the car with no access to Google, and therefore went a pretty long way without knowing about the second main rule of nuzlockes, about only being able to catch the first Pokémon of each area. So it's kinda cheating to start following the rules now especially since my illegal Dustox carried me through Brawly's gym, but oh well, here's the rundown:

Progress: Defeated Wattson, headed up Mt. Chimney

Current team:

Spoiler
Bruh (Marshtomp, Male), Level 28
Blood Red (Plusle, Female), Level 28
Samba! (Lombre, Female) Level 28
Majin Buu (Makuhita, Male), Level 23
Toby (Mightyena, Male), Level 24
Dyna Blade (Skarmory, Female), Level 18

Deceased:

Spoiler
Woodstock (Tailow, Male), Level 10: Died at the hands of another Tailow while I still didn't fully understand the rules. The Tailow who killed him had been encountered via the DexNav thingy, and had a fantastic moveset. She killed Woodstock with a single Boomburst, and I risked Bruh's life to catch her. I named this Tailow "Tokkori," after the bird in Kirby Right Back At Ya, despite her gender.
Cappy (Shroomish, Male), Level 19: Died at the hands of a wild Level 25 Plusle who, upon her capture, was named Blood Red for her actions and added to the team.

In the PC:

Spoiler
What's New? (Skitty, Male), Level 23
Garnet (Geodude, Female), Level 15
Cigrette (Numel, Male), Level 16 (I accidentally gave him that misspelled name)

Cringey fanfic plot stuff:

Spoiler
Out of anyone else in the team, Samba took Cappy's death the worst. Seeing him as a little brother due to her evolving before he did, admiring his Brave nature compared to her Relaxed nature, and more excited than anyone else to see him grow into a big strong Breloom, she now carries Cappy's prized Miracle Seed in his memory. This idea sprung to my mind when I looked into Samba's eyes, but of course, those are the eyes of any Lombre, no matter how fortunate or unfortunate.

Needless to say, she's not a fan of Blood Red joining the team. To make matters worse, since the two Pokémon cover each other's weaknesses so well, they find themselves working together a lot more often than Samba would like. Blood Red, having a Relaxed nature just like Samba, doesn't feel much guilt for killing Cappy herself, and is really tired of hearing about it from Samba.
"Anyone who abandons his reason and lives only by hatred IS a monster!" - Meta Knight
Previous

Return to Handheld Gaming