Pokemon thread

DS/3DS, Vita, PSP, Iphone, Droid
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:27 am
Well, this year I finally gave into temptation and played my first pokemon game, Pokemon Y. It's actually my youngest brother's game, who's been a fan of the series since it's creation, and he was nice enough to let me borrow it, especially when Omega Ruby/Sapphire came out lol. I think he got Sapphire. Interestingly enough, the reason why I decided to start playing it was due to another game entirely, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Part of this game's gameplay was to catch and befriend creatures that battle along side you in battle. So in some ways it was like Pokemon because these creatures could also evolve and become more powerful and you can equip them with items. So after playing that game, I tried Pokemon Y out and I have to say I can see why people enjoy this series. I don't know if I'll become a diehard fan like my brother or others. My first starter was Chespin. I picked him because he had the best defense out of the three and to me the best offense is a good defense. I made sure to catch a variety of pokemon. I have to say that overall my two favorite pokemon have been Aurorus and Florges. I also love Golurk and Bisharp.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:49 am
Zodia195 wrote:Well, this year I finally gave into temptation and played my first pokemon game, Pokemon Y. It's actually my youngest brother's game, who's been a fan of the series since it's creation, and he was nice enough to let me borrow it, especially when Omega Ruby/Sapphire came out lol. I think he got Sapphire. Interestingly enough, the reason why I decided to start playing it was due to another game entirely, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Part of this game's gameplay was to catch and befriend creatures that battle along side you in battle. So in some ways it was like Pokemon because these creatures could also evolve and become more powerful and you can equip them with items. So after playing that game, I tried Pokemon Y out and I have to say I can see why people enjoy this series. I don't know if I'll become a diehard fan like my brother or others. My first starter was Chespin. I picked him because he had the best defense out of the three and to me the best offense is a good defense. I made sure to catch a variety of pokemon. I have to say that overall my two favorite pokemon have been Aurorus and Florges. I also love Golurk and Bisharp.

its good to see people getting into it.
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:56 pm
What is your Favourite Pokemon?

For me it's this Mofo

Spoiler
Don't Mess with Goro Majima
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:08 pm
MalcolmBelmontS wrote:What is your Favourite Pokemon?

For me it's this Mofo

Spoiler

It changes a lot for me depending on a lot of things. :lol: However normally it is

Spoiler

and

Spoiler
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:06 am
MalcolmBelmontS wrote:What is your Favourite Pokemon?

For me it's this Mofo

Spoiler

Used to be Charizard until he was dethroned by Flaming whopass incarnate
Spoiler

Mega Evolution hasn't changed my mind :P
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:11 am
http://www.serebii.net/news/2015/12-December-2015.shtml

Damn, I nearly forgot about him. Looks like Volcanion is gonna be in the next movie. I'm getting kind of sick with the whole 'hidden' legendaries shit to be saved as promos. They should be released a few months after the game comes out, not a few fucking years later.
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:19 am
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlcckRrhaNQ[/youtube]

I am hyped, good year for Pokemon.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:14 am
that blue and red3ds, is the preloaded games omega/alpha? if so i might actually buy a 3ds. if not, imma wait for a.... well nothing. dont like 3ds.
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:05 am
MeyJaX wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlcckRrhaNQ[/youtube]

I am hyped, good year for Pokemon.

Plus, I'm expecting the inevitable Z announcment.
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler

These Shades are Worth More than your Life
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:20 am
MeyJaX wrote:
Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlcckRrhaNQ[/youtube]
There really is nothing here that interests me. Pokkén Tournament, maybe, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

I just want to see some kind of teaser for Pokémon Z or something. We all know there's a new main series game coming out this year or the next. Hopefully still on the 3DS and not on NX because I really don't want to get an NX at launch.

FanBoy wrote:that blue and red3ds, is the preloaded games omega/alpha?

No. The pre-installed games are Pokémon Blue and Red.
PreviousNext

Return to Handheld Gaming