Pokemon thread

DS/3DS, Vita, PSP, Iphone, Droid
User avatar
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 11:40 pm
Location: La Vernia, Texas, USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:27 am
Well, this year I finally gave into temptation and played my first pokemon game, Pokemon Y. It's actually my youngest brother's game, who's been a fan of the series since it's creation, and he was nice enough to let me borrow it, especially when Omega Ruby/Sapphire came out lol. I think he got Sapphire. Interestingly enough, the reason why I decided to start playing it was due to another game entirely, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Part of this game's gameplay was to catch and befriend creatures that battle along side you in battle. So in some ways it was like Pokemon because these creatures could also evolve and become more powerful and you can equip them with items. So after playing that game, I tried Pokemon Y out and I have to say I can see why people enjoy this series. I don't know if I'll become a diehard fan like my brother or others. My first starter was Chespin. I picked him because he had the best defense out of the three and to me the best offense is a good defense. I made sure to catch a variety of pokemon. I have to say that overall my two favorite pokemon have been Aurorus and Florges. I also love Golurk and Bisharp.
Image
User avatar
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
Posts: 8225
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:47 am
Location: Auckland,NZ.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:49 am
Zodia195 wrote:Well, this year I finally gave into temptation and played my first pokemon game, Pokemon Y. It's actually my youngest brother's game, who's been a fan of the series since it's creation, and he was nice enough to let me borrow it, especially when Omega Ruby/Sapphire came out lol. I think he got Sapphire. Interestingly enough, the reason why I decided to start playing it was due to another game entirely, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Part of this game's gameplay was to catch and befriend creatures that battle along side you in battle. So in some ways it was like Pokemon because these creatures could also evolve and become more powerful and you can equip them with items. So after playing that game, I tried Pokemon Y out and I have to say I can see why people enjoy this series. I don't know if I'll become a diehard fan like my brother or others. My first starter was Chespin. I picked him because he had the best defense out of the three and to me the best offense is a good defense. I made sure to catch a variety of pokemon. I have to say that overall my two favorite pokemon have been Aurorus and Florges. I also love Golurk and Bisharp.

its good to see people getting into it.
User avatar
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
Posts: 5586
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:56 pm
Location: Chilling in Hell,feeding off Saitama Fanboy Tears
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:56 pm
What is your Favourite Pokemon?

For me it's this Mofo

Spoiler
Image
Image
Don't Mess with Goro Majima
User avatar
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
Posts: 5791
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:06 pm
Location: Tower of Fate
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:08 pm
MalcolmBelmontS wrote:What is your Favourite Pokemon?

For me it's this Mofo

Spoiler
Image


It changes a lot for me depending on a lot of things. :lol: However normally it is

Spoiler
Image

and

Spoiler
Image
Image
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
User avatar
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:42 pm
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:06 am
MalcolmBelmontS wrote:What is your Favourite Pokemon?

For me it's this Mofo

Spoiler
Image


Used to be Charizard until he was dethroned by Flaming whopass incarnate
Spoiler
Image


Mega Evolution hasn't changed my mind :P
User avatar
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
Posts: 5791
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:06 pm
Location: Tower of Fate
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:11 am
http://www.serebii.net/news/2015/12-December-2015.shtml

Damn, I nearly forgot about him. Looks like Volcanion is gonna be in the next movie. I'm getting kind of sick with the whole 'hidden' legendaries shit to be saved as promos. They should be released a few months after the game comes out, not a few fucking years later.
Image
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
User avatar
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:26 am
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:19 am
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlcckRrhaNQ[/youtube]

I am hyped, good year for Pokemon.
Image
User avatar
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
Posts: 8225
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:47 am
Location: Auckland,NZ.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:14 am
that blue and red3ds, is the preloaded games omega/alpha? if so i might actually buy a 3ds. if not, imma wait for a.... well nothing. dont like 3ds.
User avatar
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
Posts: 5791
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:06 pm
Location: Tower of Fate
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:05 am
MeyJaX wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlcckRrhaNQ[/youtube]

I am hyped, good year for Pokemon.


Plus, I'm expecting the inevitable Z announcment.
Image
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
User avatar
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
Posts: 2264
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:20 am
MeyJaX wrote:
Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlcckRrhaNQ[/youtube]
There really is nothing here that interests me. Pokkén Tournament, maybe, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

I just want to see some kind of teaser for Pokémon Z or something. We all know there's a new main series game coming out this year or the next. Hopefully still on the 3DS and not on NX because I really don't want to get an NX at launch.

FanBoy wrote:that blue and red3ds, is the preloaded games omega/alpha?

No. The pre-installed games are Pokémon Blue and Red.
Image
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Handheld Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest