Pokemon thread

DS/3DS, Vita, PSP, Iphone, Droid
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:07 pm
Mega Gallade, Sharpedo and Camerupt. The Power!
twitter: @g1brent
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:24 am
inatspong wrote:
I don't see how a Mega can use an anti-item set if it needs to be holding the proper Mega Stone to Mega Evolve in the first place.

Since mega-evolutions take maximum priority, evolving will never be the main issue, using up the required mega-stone, and thus making now Mega-Delibird itemless. The newly-obtained Magician ability will do its thing in recovering whatever item the opponent is holding with any physical attack that is then used. Obvious flaws are obvious, but I thought it would make for a decent, or at the very least unique combatant.

As for the recently revealed megas:

Sharpedo with Speed Boost/Protect, then evolve next turn(s) to get the Jaws ability = dangerous sweeper, however its current moveset doesn't really utilize this transformation very well.

I know almost next to nothing about Camerupt, battle wise, but I like the roomba design of Mega-Camerupt.

Then there's Mega Gallade, bringing forth the new battle of choosing either Mega-Husbando or Mega-Waifu.
Let's Herp-a-Derp on this Thingy-meh-Jiggy my Fuzzy Wuzzy!
Spoiler
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:52 pm
OK guys, it's decision time.

I have never played through any Gen 3 (or Gen 4) Pokemon games. I played Blue, Yellow, & Gold, rented Black but was not able to play for long, and I own Y.

For many of you, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were your first Pokemon games.

So...should I buy Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby?

Do I fight Team Aqua & Kyogre or Team Magma & Groudon? Which version will have the better set of exclusive wild Pokemon? Have you guys heard if either version will have exclusive bonus content (i.e. Safari Zone, different city settings, etc)

I know in the end the games are the same, and I can always get the version exclusives I want through the GTS. I plan to have Treecko as my starter for either version. Chances are, I may not even use the Legendary much besides the Elite Four, as I try to form a non-Legendary team of regulars.

So which one do I buy?? Thanks for the input!
Do you love video games? What about heavy metal music? I have a fun blog that satisfies both cravings. Check it out:
Spoiler
Pokemon ORAS Secret Base!!
Spoiler
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:48 am
better exclusive pokemon goes to sapphire.
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:32 am
Exclusives mean shit when all you have to do is gamble with Wonder Trade.
Spoiler
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:36 pm
I just found a Shiny Seviper! My first Shiny ever! Well, not counting the Shiny Beldum gift or Shiny Gyarados
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:43 pm
So I made a list thingy-meh-jiggy about who should be included in the newest project for Pokemon, Pokken Tournament. Why don't you go check it out: http://www.screwattack.com/news/i-choose-youto-be-pokken-tournament-0

In the meantime, I want to know what you want as a character or assist character in this new game. Be as innovative as possible.
Let's Herp-a-Derp on this Thingy-meh-Jiggy my Fuzzy Wuzzy!
Spoiler
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:39 pm
A Zero 2 Hero wrote:So I made a list thingy-meh-jiggy about who should be included in the newest project for Pokemon, Pokken Tournament. Why don't you go check it out: http://www.screwattack.com/news/i-choose-youto-be-pokken-tournament-0

In the meantime, I want to know what you want as a character or assist character in this new game. Be as innovative as possible.

My personal picks are Aegislash, Diggersby, and Zapdos.

Kind of in descending order of seriousness.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:15 am
Hey guys what do think of all this Zygarde (New form and little green blob) business with mega evolution part 4 and the movie after the hoopa movie?
I think it could be a hint of gen 7 but others disagree and say pokemon Z

Spoiler

Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4ftZ45bTDE[/youtube]

I'm excited either way :)
Part of my plan
Spoiler
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:03 am
If it's Zygarde, then it almost certainly isn't Gen VII, but either Z or X/YZ (or whatever they want to call the sequel(s) to X & Y).

And yes, I very much do believe it to be Zygarde for a couple of reasons. First of all, there is this scan from Corocoro Comic, August 2015:
Spoiler

You can see certain hexagon-shaped parts of the Pokémon's body glow after the lightning hits which reminds me of those hexagon-shaped parts on Zygarde which are also supposed to be able to glow.

I saw a translation for the scan on Serebii, and it supposedly reads:
!? I-Is this a new Pokémon!?

We've obtained the trailer for next year's movie earlier than anywhere else!! Just what is this thing!? Make sure to stay in the theater until the very end of the screening!

Pokémon the movie XY 3 premieres Summer 2016!

That in itself doesn't really tell much (except that when they ask if it's a new Pokémon instead of shoving it up to your face saying "Hey, look! It's a new Pokémon!" it usually means that it's not an entirely new Pokémon), but they also translated the leaked scan from Corocoro Comic, September 2015, which is the one you posted. According to them it says the following:
"Summer movies mean Pokemon movies! But this movie includes a startling video clip no one knows much about!"

"Don't take your eyes off this year's movie until the last second!!"

You get to fully enjoy a magnificent story starring the mythical Pokemon Hoopa and the legendary Pokemon!... but that's not the end of it!!

Hoopa is not the only new Pokemon in the movie!? A startling clip awaits you!.

A mysterious Pokémon appears in the trailer for the 2016 Pokemon movie!?
An unfamiliar Pokémon appears in the trailer for next year's Pokémon movie!? Is this bouncing little fellow a new Pokémon!?

It's a green little guy. Will it appear in next year's movie!?
It will appear in the below anime TV special too!

Does it have something to do with this shadow?
Another giant Pokemon appears in the trailer!? Does it have something to do with the green one!?

Take extra note of "The Strongest Mega Evolution Act IV", which will air this fall!!!!!!!
You can see Zygarde in the background there. Haven't we seen that color before...!?

We just announced shocking news on the little green guy, the big shadow and the TV anime! The answers to all this will be revealed next issue!!

So yeah, they pretty much confirmed that the little green 'mon and the big guy are both related to Zygarde in some way. And seeing as Zygarde appears in the Mega Evolution poster/ad-thing, Mega Zygarde seems highly probable.
PreviousNext

Return to Handheld Gaming