3DS Streetpass. How long does it take?

DS/3DS, Vita, PSP, Iphone, Droid
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:48 pm
Here in Denver, it seems like only 6 or 7 other people in the entire city own a 3DS. It is very hard to get a streetpass. I was wondering how long it took two 3DS' to communicate with each other, assuming all else is good to go.

One time I stopped to get a streetpass from a friend who manages a theater. I didn't even go into the lobby and I know he was in his office upstairs, probably over 60 feet away. It took me a bit over 30 seconds to nab him. But other times when I am closer to someone who has a 3DS it never happens. Maybe their 3DS has a suspended game, I'm not sure. Or maybe the wall is blocking it somehow.

I often wonder if I am able to get a streetpass in traffic while driving around. Maybe someone in a car near me has a 3DS. Possible?
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:37 pm
It could be that they have their wireless off. I spent a day at work walking around the mall with my wifi off and wondered why I didn't nab anyone... then I realized the little yellow light wasn't blinking... -_-

To answer your question though it's pretty instantaneous.
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:59 pm
The only time I took a StreetPass, it took me less than 2 seconds.
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:11 pm
Sometimes when I go to my friends house (who has a 3DS) I will walk right up to it. Neither has a green light. I touch the 3DS' together, still nothing. Come back to the systems we left laying near each other an hour later, one has a green light, the other does not. Another hour later, both have a green light. It's very odd. The first day I didn't get a green light but I did receive the streetpass from him.
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:03 am
I got a 3DS the day it came out here and i catch public transport for 2 hours every work day. and haven't seen anyone.
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:07 pm
Drath wrote:I got a 3DS the day it came out here and i catch public transport for 2 hours every work day. and haven't seen anyone.

Yea, it's not in a lot of peoples hands. I work at the mall and have mine with me most of the time and I've run into 4 people since I've gotten it... and only 2 of them had miis to transfer... :C
Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:49 am
I've received 61 tags so far. 55 people in my plaza though I'm pretty sure I've got more than that because i know 3 or 4 people I've had 3 or 4 tags with. hm....maybe it lies?

In any case, I've recieved tags while sitting at the mall and people just happening to walk by. So 5 seconds tops for them. Other times it's taken maybe 10-20 seconds sitting next to a bunch of friends....though that's probably just because I was getting several tags at once.
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:20 am
juggernaut wrote:
Drath wrote:I got a 3DS the day it came out here and i catch public transport for 2 hours every work day. and haven't seen anyone.

Yea, it's not in a lot of peoples hands. I work at the mall and have mine with me most of the time and I've run into 4 people since I've gotten it... and only 2 of them had miis to transfer... :C

Yeah i work in a butcher shop right next to a school. mine sits in my bag all day not far from the front and i have never got 1 person on my street pass which makes me question its range and how long it takes
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:06 am
Drath wrote:
juggernaut wrote:

Yeah i work in a butcher shop right next to a school. mine sits in my bag all day not far from the front and i have never got 1 person on my street pass which makes me question its range and how long it takes

Are video games allowed in schools? I remember getting my Game Gear taken away in grade school.... didn't help that I had the TV antenna add on and was watching Price is Right.... XD
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:28 am
juggernaut wrote:Are video games allowed in schools? I remember getting my Game Gear taken away in grade school.... didn't help that I had the TV antenna add on and was watching Price is Right.... XD

some schools allow them. but even if they are banned a lot of kids still bring them anyways to play after school with their friends.
Next

Return to Handheld Gaming