3DS Streetpass. How long does it take?

DS/3DS, Vita, PSP, Iphone, Droid
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:40 pm
Remember, the 3DS must be closed and not running any software for Streetpass to work. You can't have a game suspended, it must be closed out completely and on the HOME menu and the system closed.... at least this is what I have been hearing.
Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:00 am
juggernaut wrote:Are video games allowed in schools? I remember getting my Game Gear taken away in grade school.... didn't help that I had the TV antenna add on and was watching Price is Right.... XD

I shit you not, I had a Playstation and like...small 11 inch TV in my locker back in high school. I played during my spare block, at lunch time and sometimes after school. There were some tables (built into the wall) and power sockets right by my locker too. All my friends chipped in and we each brought something. One friend brought a TV, another the PS, we all brought games/controllers and shared locker space to hold it all.

We weren't breaking any rules really so long as we were playing on our own time and not disturbing nearby classes by blasting it. Their attitude was "do what you want, but we're not responsible if it gets stolen." Fortunately, by the time I was in grade 12 I knew mostly everyone at my school and didn't have any enemies who would do something like that (it also helped that I went to elementary school with a lot of the tougher "gangsta" kids and jocks and was on friendly terms with them). So nothing to worry about there.

Hell, I even brought a foldable DDR dance pad and DDR Konamix to school and played that. Man those were some good times....I was pretty much undefeated at Crash Team Racing.
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:23 pm
Also, what's the deal with certain games that have special Streetpass modes like Super Street Fighter 4 3D or Ridge Racer 3D? I enabled that stuff in the options screen, but do I need to have the game running when I streetpass someone else, does it do it on top of the normal streetpass or does it do it in lieu of it?

I ask this of you, and I hope for answers.
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:38 pm
If streetpass doesn't work while you playing games thats bullshit. unless I'm with friends or in a rough part of town I'm allways playing my 3ds on the move now (assuming its on me). and yes the streetpass modes are bullshit because i have still not found 1 person on it and i catch 2 hours of public transport to and from work and i work in a shop thats right next to a primary school and a highschool not to far that has a lot of student walk around the shop. if the distance required is very small or you need to actually wait to long for it to transfer then Nintendo has done a pretty big fail on this.

I don't wanna be missing out on content simply because the hardware isn't as good as it should be and gaming isn't as common over here then it is in other countries.
Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:46 am
@Game sack: You do not need to be running the game. Actually I'm not sure if it'll work if you are running the game. You have to be in the main menu and in sleep mode with your streetpass/wireless turned on. It enables something your system that picks up and saves it and it all stacks together with your other street pass data. Every time I get a tag, I get 2 notifcations. One for my plaza thingy and one for street fighter IV. Not sure what the maximum number of games you can set up to receive data is or if that makes it slower...

@Drath: ....how much is a 3DS in Australia anyways? Like...3000 dollars or something?

Someone should probably read the manual and look up the exact specs...like distance and time and stuff. Or find a friend and do some tests (FOR SCIENCE!).
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:12 am
There $350 over here.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:56 am
Amazon Basics Amplified Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna - 60 Mile Range is the best brand of TV antenna known to me so far.. It has clean peak filter technology that provides low-noise, state-of-the-art amplification. I am using this antenna from last 6 months .. This antenna worked great for me and it is very easy to install. I personally suggest you all to buy this antenna as it saves a ton on cable bills by watching free TV over the air
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:23 am
Hundreds of tags, it really just matters if you're encountering areas of concentrated players. I go to a State university and typically get 7-8 hits every time I go to class, also get a heavy amount of hits at places like Wal-Mart and after hanging around in a game store. As a tutor I usually get about 20-40 hits when I go to schools to do lunchtime or after school tutoring. School bans only really prevent a kid from actively using their system while on the premises, they still carry them everywhere.

If you go to a Gamestop, most are supposed to be set up with a Streetpass hub which should automatically handshake you with the last 30 people to be there as well.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:22 am
Had my 3DS for a good 3-4 years now, not one single tag, not even from my siblings. Not sure how it works.
Let's Play Sonic Spinball! Part 5: Showdown 2 - The Battle
Previous

Return to Handheld Gaming