YouTube Hell 2015 info stuff

Talk about SGC and the Iron Man of Gaming.
Mod: Capture Dead
Mod: Capture Dead
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:20 pm
Hey everyone.

YouTube Hell this year was a MASSIVE success thanks to word of mouth and the craziness of SGC's attendance. I cannot thank you all enough if you attended this event. We had standing room only for the first hour. For an event that only consisted with a handful of drunk friends in the movie room in 2013 (Thank you, Dante!), to its origins as an original event dating back to the first SGC in 2009 (Thank you very much, Mark Carr!), I certainly didn't expect to fill a panel room ever.

Now, with that out of the way, I do plan on streaming the event in full via Streamup since we ran into livestream issues through (surprise) YouTube's live service. More information on that will be posted onto the main site when made available and linked here. Also, a playlist will be made a week after the livestream through my YouTube account, like last year.

The livestream will include an additional hour that I had to cut because I can't fucking count. So, in the meantime, here's the full panel through YouTube thanks to Zubbe/AptCityDJ, who also recorded the panel from last year. Big ups to him.

If you would like to give some feedback from this year, if you attended the "panel," put it here. This can also be a general discussion about YouTube Hell as a whole from this year. Two main complaints were the length of videos and too much of "a certain topic" in the video. Firstly, I try to keep the video submissions under 10 minutes. Most videos averaged around 2-5 minutes, so there weren't too many of those.

Secondly, I can only work with what's submitted to me and Brakywaki. If we think it's funny enough/shocking enough/fits the criteria we're looking for, we're likely putting it in. It's a two-man judging process. Basically, there will be salt regardless, but we want to reduce the amount of salt as possible.

Thanks for reading this, thanks for watching, and thanks for continuing to support this crazy event every year. Love you crazy bastards.
Spoiler
Fandango wrote:Debaser, you power hungry madman! Stop slaving your mods for nothing!
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:25 pm
I also have a bunch of clips from the event on my other channel, if you're interested in just bits of it instead of just the whole thing. I'll be uploading new videos of the event daily, so if it's not here today, it'll probably be up sometime later.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIlEa2gLyWvxZHFD6GP2lBA?&ab_channel=AptCityDJ

Funnily enough, Filthy Frank saw my tweet of the reactions to him and responded.

https://twitter.com/FilthyFrank/status/629865124317130752

I guess that begs the question: do you guys like that these reaction bits exist? Or would you rather not have it uploaded since the panel is up on YouTube anyways?

Return to ScrewAttack Gaming Convention