SGC 2015 Info Thread - UPDATED JUNE 29 WITH PANEL SCHEDULE

Talk about SGC and the Iron Man of Gaming.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:52 pm

SGC 2015 - July 17 - 19 at the Embassy Suites Frisco Hotel and Convention Centre.

The time is here and the time is now, it's only 16 days (OH MY GOOOOOD) until the greatest gaming convention ever is upon us again! Who's all going? Who's excited as I am? I CAN'T WAIT!!!

SGC Website -- SGC Twitter

I'm a baby who doesn't know what fun is! What the heck is SGC!?!

SGC is a gaming convention like no other! It's a three day party where gamers from around the world can come together and share their passion for video games

Past guest speakers included YouTube celebrities and industry figureheads, such as; Mega Man co-creator Keiji Inafune, Adam Sessler, "Angry" Joe Vargas, The Angry Video Game Nerd, Jim Sterling, and more!

SGC has something different from other conventions - a fantastic sense of community. It has that ability to walk up to anyone that is attending and make a new friend. It has that ability to bring people together unlike any other con I've been to. You may get more grandiose experiences at PAX or Dragon Con, but SGC offers that intimate feel unlike any other, and truly feels like a three day long party!

Okay you sold me, but who is going to be there???

I can't believe it, there are so many damn guests I can't fit them all in this one forum post! If you want the complete line up of guests, click the following link! Some other highlights not listed in the post are Rooster Teeth, The Super Best Friends, and Funhaus!

http://www.sgconvention.com/guest-list

Guest of Honour - Jon St. John

Jon St. John is a voice actor and a former (?) radio DJ. You may know him for his roles such as Big the Cat from Sonic the Hedgehog fame, or even NPC #1937 from Guild Wars 2! Oh yeah, he's also the voice of Duke Nukem! He will be having two panels this year - a Q&A panel, as well as a roast on Saturday night!

The Cast of Dragon Ball Z

It's time for an anime reunion! Meet Goku (Sean Schemmel), Vegeta (Chris Sabat), Chi Chi (Cynthia Cranz), Raditz (Justin Cook), Upa (Kara Edwards), and Krillin (Sonny Strait) at SGC this year! Their reunion panel is sure to be a great time and is something you should not miss!

The Screwattack Crew

It wouldn't be the Screwattack Gaming Cat Convention without the Screwattack boys! You know them, you love them, you have most likely seen some of their shows such as Death Battle, The Best Ever, and Sidescrollers!

The Men of Kinda Funny & Kinda Funny Games

Former IGN savants Greg Miller, Colin Moriarty, Tim Gettys, and Nick Scarpino have formed together into a gelatinous monster known as Kinda Funny and Kinda Funny Games! Let's Plays, The Gameover Greggy Show, Oreo Oration, and A Conversation with Colin are just the tip of the iceberg of what these boys can do! They also got a cool ass dog if you hate everyone on the show!

PeanutButterGamer

g1 turned Youtube man and Normalbooter, PeanutButterGamer will appear as a guest for his second year running at SGC 2015! He's got funny vids, he's got a cool haircut, and he thinks Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game! You're wrong PGB, it's Twilight Princess.

Black Nerd Comedy

He interviewed Ice Cube and Kevin Hart! I don't know what else he does though, some Youtube stuff? Either way he will be at SGC 2015!

Smooth McGroove

The "Led Zeppelin" of video games, the "The Tragically Hip" of video games, the "Music Man" of video games. Smooth McGroove will be at SGC 2015, singing us songs and lullabies to help us all sleep better during the long, hot nights!

The Game Theorists

MattPatt, Gaijin Goomba, Trailer Drake and everyone else at the Game Theorists will be hanging out at SGC 2015! They'll tell you that Link is dead in Majora's Mask, they'll tell you the lore behind Five Nights at Freddy's, they'll tell you why Zelda has bigger boobs than Peach, all of this and more!

Nate Wants to Battle

I'LL FIGHT YOU, I'LL FIGHT YOU GOOD, PUNCH YOU IN THE HEAD and also sing some great video game music as well as anime intro covers on my guitars!

That's cool, but where is it???

SGC is switching things up again this year! Instead of being held at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel, this year the convention will be held at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Frisco, Texas!

The location is pretty suite (heh), located around many other hotels, as well the Stonebriar Centre just across the street. Stonebriar features many shops, fast food places, a movie theatre, but more importantly a Dave and Busters! No more taking a long train ride!

Other things to do around the hotel are the Dr. Pepper Ballpark to go see some good ol' baseball, and many other fun things! Check out this website here to find out more!

Some information about the Embassy Suites Hotel, according to Stuttering Craig:
    A smaller, more intimate feel than last year, something similar to the Westin, rather than the large scale of the Sheraton.
    All of the hotel rooms will be suites!
    Free breakfast buffet to all paying customers of the hotel!!
    Open bar in the evenings (yes, free booze at this year's SGC)!!!

Alright I wanna come to this shindig, how do I book rooms?

BOOK YOUR ROOM TODAY!

Room rates are $119 for one king size bed, and $130 for two double beds a night! AWESOME PRICES RIGHT??

All of the rooms at the Embassy Suites Hotel have been booked out that weekend!

Don't be afraid though, because Screwattack has secured the four surrounding hotels for some sweet room rates! The prices range from $98 a night to $130 a night, so go what's best for you! Here's a link to all the other hotel's prices:

http://www.sgconvention.com/hotel-travel

Keep in mind, these hotels will most likely NOT have an open bar, or any of the perks that the Embassy has. Sorry!

Wow this all sounds wonderful, I want to buy my badge!

You can buy them here! You can buy a standard weekend pass for $55, and a VIP pass for $195!

The weekend pass gets you everything for the con, every panel, every signing, every everything!
The VIP pass gets you some SGC 2015 swag, some Screwattack Games swag, but most importantly, a fast pass that lets you skip to the front of any line! Panels? Signings? Lines are for chumps with the VIP pass!

I got my badge, but how the hell do I get there!

If you live in the Dallas area look it up yourself, dummy!

If you're flying in to the DFW or Lovefield airport though, you have some options.

Screwattack has secured a shuttle bus from both airports to any of the hotels listed above. It's $18 which is an absolute far better deal then any taxi company out there! Link here:

https://superiorone.wufoo.com/forms/z1yavctv1ue54e1/

If you don't want to take the shuttle bus (for some reason), there are also the many taxi companies. It costs about $55 to take a taxi from either airport to the convention, so this is not recommended unless you are splitting the cost amongst 4 or so people. Here are all the phone numbers for taxi companies in Dallas:

Alamo Cab Company - 214 688 1999
Cowboy Cab Company - 214 428 0202
Ranger Taxi Company - 214 428 0202
Star Cab - 214 252 0055
Taxi Dallas - 972 554 1212

In my experience at SGC though, you never have to phone a cab, as there are always taxis waiting for people outside of the terminals.

Other options include the DART rail and busses to the hotel, which costs about $2 to take. Although the price is awesome, it also takes around 2 hours (!!!) to get to the hotel, so unless you have time to kill and don't mind arriving late, I'd avoid this option.

Alright I have my badge and I'm coming! What are the panels this year?

The schedule is looking pretty good this year; very few panels are overlapping, and the "big ones" run for longer then an hour. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS NOT THE FINAL SCHEDULE, I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER TO UPDATE THIS AS WE GET CLOSER TO THE EVENT!

To find the most up to date schedule, as well as the autograph schedule, click the link below!

http://www.sgconvention.com/activities-0

Sound off in the thread if you are attending this year, and let's get this fucking hype machine going!

(I will update the thread as more information is announced) - last updated - June 29
Last edited by Hellman101 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Finn wrote:im gay

Modtalica
Modtalica
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:22 pm
You know I'll be there again.
PSN, Wii U, Steam and Twitter: christenm123
Mystical Adminja
Mystical Adminja
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:39 pm
Also if that is the correct venue then it is just 10 min walk to Dave and Busters fun for Dave Zero
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:27 pm
When can I buy tickets? I want to give SGC my money already!

Modtalica
Modtalica
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:36 am
Moon Spirit wrote:When can I buy tickets? I want to give SGC my money already!

Craig said tickets and hotel should be available by the end of December.
PSN, Wii U, Steam and Twitter: christenm123
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:55 am
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvqJ1mTkEuY[/youtube]
Do you love video games? What about heavy metal music? I have a fun blog that satisfies both cravings. Check it out:
Spoiler
Pokemon ORAS Secret Base!!
Spoiler
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:51 pm
Posting to confirm my attendance for the 3rd year in a row! I can't wait to buy my ticket and party it out!

This time, I'll definitely be game for any pre SGC events, like a trip to Dave and Busters. I can drink now, so let me at em!
LET'S PICK ON THE NEW KID: SHAYMIN.
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:06 am
I am so going to be there! Now I need to find some roommates.
Gamer, Reader, Movie Watcher.
Check out Grandmasterarcturus on Twitch and Youtube.
Mod: Capture Dead
Mod: Capture Dead
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:36 pm
Let's do this, baby! Hell yes!
Spoiler
Fandango wrote:Debaser, you power hungry madman! Stop slaving your mods for nothing!
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:44 pm
That free booze all night makes me want to attend really bad, too bad I won't have the money. Again.
Mr. ChaoticMeltdown is one rad dude
Two-time g1AfterDark Award-winner.
Next

Return to ScrewAttack Gaming Convention