The quick question and answer thread take two

Get nonchalant and talk about whatever you want. Even Cheesepie.
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:25 pm
New question! Why does it take a million years to backup a 219GB harddrive?! DX I started this two hours ago!
Interweb~Metaking~Distro~Chaotic~Wulfon~Tiel~

Shiznita wrote:I hereby claim page 182 as mine, everyone stay out or else. Image
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:42 pm
Shiznita wrote:New question! Why does it take a million years to backup a 219GB harddrive?! DX I started this two hours ago!

This is worthy of one of my tech blogs but eh.

it's because you have a lot of files to transfer. It actually takes a lot longer to transfer 10,000 files that equal, for example, 4GB in size than it does to transfer 12 files of equal size. The reason is because for every file you transfer, the medium has to create a new entry in its partition table and then go find space to write the the file to, and then do its error checking to make sure its success. Aside from those operations adding up, the average seek time of a hard drive is about 4-5ms. And each of those operations requires moving the drive head.
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:06 pm
Shiznita wrote:New question! Why does it take a million years to backup a 219GB harddrive?! DX I started this two hours ago!

You're just impatient, Shiz o.o

Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:30 pm

A watched kettle never boils.
Behold my diction, I hold it with great pride.
Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:38 pm
Quick question:

Does anyone know if Ben, Chad, or anyone from the DB research team regularly check the Death Battle Request thread? It would be nice to know that I'm being humored and that the requests are being skimmed at the very least.
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:55 pm
~{Red}~ wrote:Quick question:

Does anyone know if Ben, Chad, or anyone from the DB research team regularly check the Death Battle Request thread? It would be nice to know that I'm being humored and that the requests are being skimmed at the very least.

Ben does, I believe. Or at least he posts in Death Battle threads every now and then, and I remember him saying that he loved the DB request thread because it was just requests so he didn't need to dig through anything irrelevant like he would have to in the video comments or where ever, so I would imagine he still does.

Don't know about anyone else, though.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:11 pm
Interweb wrote:
~{Red}~ wrote:Quick question:

Ben does, I believe. Or at least he posts in Death Battle threads every now and then, and I remember him saying that he loved the DB request thread because it was just requests so he didn't need to dig through anything irrelevant like he would have to in the video comments or where ever, so I would imagine he still does.

Don't know about anyone else, though.

Ben checks here quite frequently. If you look through any of the old discussion threads you'll find replies he has made in them. Chad does come to the forums also, though its quite infrequently. Of the g1 DB research team, LousyTactician is quite the forum regular and I'm sure you've already seen him post a number of times in all the threads. AkumaTH and DarkHyruleLord also come to the forums, but are not nearly as active & visits also infrequent.
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:47 am
Hi.

I am adult and need to savings account.

But I don't know how to bank account.

What do?

Shiznita wrote:I hereby claim page 182 as mine, everyone stay out or else. Image

The First ain't the Worst
The First ain't the Worst
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:51 am
Go to bank with money tell bank want savings account, bring social and I.D. bank make you savings account.
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:53 am
Spiffy!

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Talk