What do you think Everything Changes - 10.10.16 is?

Get nonchalant and talk about whatever you want. Even Cheesepie.
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:45 am
https://twitter.com/CraigSkitz/status/7 ... 9499378689

Throwing a big party for it
Don't Mess with Goro Majima
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:40 pm
I hope ScrewAttack doesn't close down or anything like that.
Bro love is best love
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:31 pm
Not likely. Amy vs. Ramona doesn't release until well after that day.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image

Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm
Would it be reading into things too much to note Craig liking/retweeting "thanks for everything you've done" and "good luck with the future" type-Tweets?
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:14 am
Craig is leaving SA......aannnd joining Gameattack which will be a due Lets Play channel with Craig,Shaun and the crew playing games. It will be on a separate channel to Screwattack:

http://gameattack.roosterteeth.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWDIL6 ... jfp_0ZrpfQ

They accidentally leaked the news
Don't Mess with Goro Majima

Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:38 am
Also, it looks like essentially they'll be having what's pretty much a 4 person Sidescrollers type thing too. I wonder if they'll do Livestream session stuff on Craig's channel or if that's just gone entirely. Hell, I know it may be early, but I'm wondering if there's even going to be a Birthday Stream early next year like there usually is or if that's done for. And I'm kind of curious on what this would mean for SGC. Don't get me wrong, I trust that if anybody other than Craig could run Screwattack well, it would be Chad and Sean, but the idea of never seeing Craig on anything Screwattack related (when typically Craig and Screwattack have always been seen as going hand in hand and all that) just sounds weird.

I don't want to say that it's sounding sort of like Screwattack is kind of splitting into 2 entities with one focusing more on "entertainment" content and another focusing more on "gaming/community" content, but...that is kind of how it initially looks. Since I don't really know what Screwattack content is whose idea, who's behind it, I'll be cautiously optimistic on the future for this since it could potentially turn out really well. However, I can't help but be a little skeptical of it, since this is sort of an entirely different thing altogether.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:08 pm
So it looks like...

ScrewAttack: Top 10s, Death Battle, Who Is (if they're still doing that)
GameAttack: The successors to Screwin' Around and SideScrollers, and Let's Plays

Really doesn't seem like such a monumental change, just a re-branding of half of what SA is still doing. I may pay more attention to GameAttack than SA if they do bring back more of the good stuff from their heyday of 3-6 years ago.

What they really need to bring back is community-produced content, though, as that was always one of the best things about the site that not many other sites have done, that I've seen. Some of the most interesting and fun things about SA were products of the minds and ingenuity of the g1s, and there's not a place to do that in SA's corner of RT.
Let's Play Sonic Spinball! Part 5: Showdown 2 - The Battle
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:15 pm
"Some of the most interesting and fun things about SA were products of the minds and ingenuity of the g1s, and there's not a place to do that in SA's corner of RT." Jesus Christ, THIS.
Bro love is best love

Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:50 pm
I'm sure I'll be able to better assess things when my mind's fully processed everything, but at the moment I'm torn. On one hand, if the only main concern/dislike I have with Game Attack is that they're "focusing mostly on current games, and only occasionally doing retro stuff", and that there seem to be no plans for "Screwattack Live/Screwin' Around" style streams, or 12-24 streaming marathons...that's pretty good. Especially since it's so early in the life of Game Attack that who knows whether or not those things get implemented by this time next year or not.

However...with how I'm feeling now, I'm starting to wonder if this means that the Screwattack that kept me coming back day after day, and week after week in 2010-2014 is truly gone forever with no possible chance of coming back. That's a bittersweet pill to swallow and something I'm really not sure how to feel about since I've been following Screwattack almost the entirety of my 20s now. With that being said though, I refuse to commit myself to judging things on what the future for Screwattack and Game Attack hold off of what's ultimately less than 24 hours of it happening. After all, it's not like someone went and shot Craig, Chad, Bryan, Shaun, Sam, and everybody else and replaced them with android lookalikes or anything, lol.

Edit: With what I've been saying aside, I really do hope Game Attack winds up having sorts of G1-featured content on there or "Game Attack vs G1s" editions of stuff. A livestream or episode of "Team Game Attack vs Team Tom The Ironman" would be awesome.

(Also, I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but is there some G1 Reddit or Discord or something as well?)
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:25 pm
https://discord.gg/A3AMy
twitter: @g1brent
PreviousNext

Return to Casual Talk