Most hated cliches

Get nonchalant and talk about whatever you want. Even Cheesepie.
The Power of a God is now your Secret Tool
The Power of a God is now your Secret Tool
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:26 pm
Title says it all. There's ton loads of cliches in fiction and is there one particular cliche you just can't stand? If so this is the thread for you.

For me. If there's one cliche I hate. It's definitely the misunderstanding cliche. You have no idea how much I despise it especially the one where the lover walks in on their other lover looking like they're cheating on them when they're not, then they try to say "No it's not what you think" but don't think to listen, then they eventually find out and make up. Yippe do.

It's so predictable and unoriginal at this point. We know what's gonna happen. Can't they spice things up a bit and have that lover believe them? It's been so done to death it's kicking a horses skeleton it really rustles up my jimmies.

So what about you guys?
Spoiler

Good luck out there Bobobo. You're our only last and final hope of surpassing Superman in Death Battle.
Mystical Adminja
Mystical Adminja
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:25 am
This might tie into the misunderstanding one but when one character lies to another and says "I was only lying to protect you." Esp dumb when the character being lied to has already been shown to be super supportive and/or totally ok with protecting themselves.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:58 pm
"Rebooting an old video game franchise with an animated series aimed at fucking babies" is officially about to happen for the third time, so I'd consider that a cliche.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:39 pm
Would jumpscares count as a cliche? They're basically a cheap way to elicit emotion from the audience. Speaking of cheap ways to elicit emotions from the audience, I'm not a fan of the "Random Animal Deaths"cliches, like in Sonic.exe and Laughing Jack. But those stories were shit anyway, so that's the least bad thing about them
"In other words…a worthless person will always be worthless, no matter what he does."
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:45 pm
Also, videos "exposing" fictional heroes as terrible people. It's the most creatively bankrupt concept in the universe, and I am ashamed that ScrewAttack has just added another one to the Internet.

I've heard it all before. It was bullshit last time, it's bullshit this time, it will always be bullshit. Always.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image

Return to Casual Talk