The Venting Thread

Get nonchalant and talk about whatever you want. Even Cheesepie.
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:41 pm
Whitly wrote:
Finn wrote:Honestly, Death Battle part of these forums suck major balls. Also, Kermit's a bitch.

Kermit the Frog?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWVYa1dk_k[/youtube]
Mr. ChaoticMeltdown is one rad dude
Two-time g1AfterDark Award-winner.
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:43 pm
Finn wrote:
Whitly wrote:
Finn wrote:Honestly, Death Battle part of these forums suck major balls. Also, Kermit's a bitch.

Kermit the Frog?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWVYa1dk_k[/youtube]

What IS this?! :lol:

Also, don't you hate when you travel downtown to buy a book at a store because the company's database says it's there, only to arrive and find out that it isn't? Why else would you schlepp your a** through bad traffic and a subway derailment just to find it?
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:42 pm
Yep, many times I would go to Chapters just to have the book not being there.
twitter: @g1brent
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:19 pm
A big pet peeve of mine is when a dictionary defines a complex word by using a variant of the word itself in said definition. Am I alone on that?
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:53 am
The people are gone...
Interweb~Metaking~Distro~Chaotic~Wulfon~Tiel~

Shiznita wrote:I hereby claim page 182 as mine, everyone stay out or else. Image
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:04 am
Red Dead Redemption is a fucking masterpiece, anyone who disagrees has shit tastes and should not be trusted.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:05 am
Foolishness that transcends foolishness has infected Capcom. The very same virus that Pac-Man caught, that transferred to Sonic, is now in Mega Man.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, look here.

DUUUUUUUH, LET'S MAKE A CARTOON AIMED AT SIX YEAR OLDS FROM A 30-YEAR OLD VIDEO GAME FRANCHISE! DUUUUUH, AND LET'S MAKE IT A WHOLE DIFFERENT CONTINUITY SO THAT IT BEARS NONE OF THE DEFINING CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SOURCE MATERIAL! DUUUUUH, AND LET'S MAKE IT ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL! NONE OF THOSE THINGS HAVE BEEN DONE BEFORE ONLY TO BLOW UP IN EVERYONE'S FACE, RIGHT?

Those fucking dumbasses. It didn't work for Pac-Man. It didn't work for Sonic. It's not gonna fucking work for Mega Man. Not only did they fail to learn from them, but they also seem to have failed to learn from Dragon Ball Evolution, and intend to put Mega Man in fucking high school.

If you're gonna make a cartoon that's nothing like Mega Man...DON'T CALL IT MEGA MAN! I'd be willing to accept this if it was at least aimed at teenagers or something. But no, they've specifically stated that their target demographic is little kids, aged six to nine; those drooling, nosepicking creatures who watch Clarence and defend Cartoon Fight Club with their lives, and more importantly, have never heard of Mega Man.

Mega Man's had his reboots. I get that. But NONE OF THEM have been aimed at those little brats. Did they dumb down the original games for little kids? No. Would the games have been more successful had they done so? HELL NO!

I haven't even MENTIONED Mega Man's design. It looks like hot garbage. It looks like your 10-year old cousin's attempt at drawing "anime." Proportions are shit and is face creeps me out. Is Sakurai the only one who knows what Mega Man looks like?! It disgusts me. It doesn't have that Clarence feel of "actively hurting your eyes on purpose," but unfortunately for whatever artist is drawing him, I have not let the shitty cartoons of today lower my standards.

Mega Man is Nintendo's prodigal son, and it's time to come home. The moment Mega Man thought he could do anything elsewhere, he's just been shitting himself, every time. When Mega Man's on Nintendo consoles, he kicks ass. The Battle Network games were fantastic, and the X games were stupendous until they got off the SNES.

Meanwhile, Mighty No. 9 is looking terrible, too. Mega Man is dead, and nothing will be left in his place.

Spoiler
"Anyone who abandons his reason and lives only by hatred IS a monster!" - Meta Knight
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:21 am
I've had a bad back for close to a week now...
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:55 pm
Fucking stupid assfucks at Nintendo with their so-called Paper Mario bullshit. Why even fucking bother with this wankstain known as Color Splash? They've got someone who openly admits to never having played a Paper Mario game before doing the writing, and she acts like that's a good thing because she knows what people who haven't played Paper Mario like.

You know what else appealed to people who'd never played Paper Mario? PAPER MARIO. Holy fuck. And I know Miyamoto has a hand in this too. Sometimes the biggest thing standing in the way of a franchise is its own creator. George Lucas is a fine example. Of all the things the Kirby franchise has done that the Mario franchise needs to do, the #1 thing on that list is having the creator of the franchise stop developing them. Of course, Sakurai did that willingly, and Miyamoto's not one to do that. If HAL made consoles I'd only buy them.

What, is making a good story soooo hard that the only course of action is to just lower the consumers' standards? Just appeal to stupid little kids who only care about Mario being on the box? And this AWFUL, DREADFUL writing! No charm, no humor, no personality, NOTHING! Somebody unironically tried to present this line to me as what is supposed to be Color Splash's "amazing" dialogue:

"Mario uses a preformance enhancing power up to cheat his way to victory!"

"Mario the war criminal emerges victorious!"

The sound I made in response perfectly resembled that of a lawnmower.

HAHAHAHAHA WOW YOU CALLED MARIO A WAR CRIMINAL AND THAT'S LITERALLY FUCKING IT! See, TTYD did something similar but far less stupid with Gus, who, if you defeat him, points out how ridiculous it is how all these video game characters think they can solve everything with violence. It's both funny, and has a point. Not this crap.

Keep your damn Sticker Star battle system, that's not even my main issue with it. The battle system isn't even that terrible, though it's not as fun as TTYD's or even SPM's. But....where are the CHARACTERS? Toads, Toads, fucking Toads, ooh look some Shy Guys you can talk to but are still evil, but apart from that, JUST FUCKING TOADS!

You know what this game's sense of humor is? Breakdancing piggy bank. Why? BECAUSE IT'S LE XD SO RANDOM RAWR!!!1111!!! And that's it! And look here, when you get the first of the five whatevers you need to beat the game, the Toads celebrate with a dance party. Why? Mario's quest isn't over and this doesn't even guarantee his success. So why? BECAUSE IT'S LE XD SO RANDUM THAT'S WHY!

Where's the wit? Where's the charm? Where's the thought? Where's the faith in us as consumers to understand jokes more complex than that? Are we just not worth the trouble of making something more clever? Is the lowest common denominator the only demographic worth even looking at? This is what people mean when they say that a game is insulting. Where are the individual characters? With flaws, fears, insecurities, and goals? Just, please, at least some people I can sympathize with. Not some stupid Toads. Fuck Toads. All this racist ass "all non-Toads are evil" ass ethnocentric ass bullshit is inexplicable, indefensible, and unacceptable.

Holy shit, between Metroid and Paper Mario it's getting really fucking hard to tell which one's getting shat on harder. That's sad. At least Wario Land just has the peace of simply not getting any games at all.

You know what? That Tabata bitch says I'm gonna cry at the end, right? Well, no I'm not, because I'm not gonna play the game. But more important than that, I just KNOW they're going to copy and paste the "tearjerker" ending from Sticker Star. You're gonna need a lot of paint to beat Bowser so that bucket guy is just going to "sacrifice" himself by pouring all of his paint into one special card, "dying" in the process. And then Mario'll wish him back or some shit. They don't expect me to smell bullshit, so why should I expect them to make something REALLY sad?

"Well I'M looking forward to it" WELCOME TO THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR MOTHERFUCKER CONGRATULATIONS YOU'VE LET NINTENDO KNOW THEY CAN DROP THEIR STANDARDS LIKE A BRICK AND STILL MAKE MONEY! It's bad enough they've gotten this mentality from the New Super Mario Bros. series, but now its influence is spreading all over the Mario franchise. Mario Tennis, Mario Sports Superstars, and now Paper Mario. At this rate, Ashley will be replaced by a Toad with black spots. Just kidding, the WarioWare franchise will simply cease entirely.

Miyamoto doesn't think that story or personality belongs in games. Every time the Mario franchise has made you smile, or feel any emotion at all, that wasn't his idea. At least, not since Super Mario World. That's when the times passed him by, and he's still locked in the 90s at the latest.

I'm glad Miyamoto didn't create Zelda, Kirby, or Pokémon. There is nothing he can do to ruin them. I take great comfort in that.
"Anyone who abandons his reason and lives only by hatred IS a monster!" - Meta Knight
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:10 pm
Iron Joe is making good use of this thread o.o
Interweb~Metaking~Distro~Chaotic~Wulfon~Tiel~

Shiznita wrote:I hereby claim page 182 as mine, everyone stay out or else. Image
PreviousNext

Return to Casual Talk