Favourite Voice Actors/Actresses

Get nonchalant and talk about whatever you want. Even Cheesepie.
User avatar
Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:10 pm
Location: Spiraling into madness
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:52 pm
Oh, and Nolan North, of course
Image
This sig was brought to you by ChaoticMeltdown
User avatar
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
Posts: 2830
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:38 pm
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:06 pm
Mel Blanc
Tom Kenny
Tara Strong
Nolan North
Josh Robert Thompson
There are others, but I can't remember.
Image
<3 ChaoticMeltdown

The First ain't the Worst
The First ain't the Worst
Posts: 7647
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:14 pm
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:09 pm
You know, I've been wondering this and I thought that this would be a good thread to bring it up: is it possible for a voice actor to get nominated for an acting Oscar? If so, has it ever happened?
User avatar
SA's #1 Bro
SA's #1 Bro
Posts: 10484
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:53 pm
Location: Katy, TX
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:18 pm
Flashpenny wrote:You know, I've been wondering this and I thought that this would be a good thread to bring it up: is it possible for a voice actor to get nominated for an acting Oscar? If so, has it ever happened?

No because only nerds like them.

The First ain't the Worst
The First ain't the Worst
Posts: 7647
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:14 pm
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:19 pm
Darkseid2 wrote:
Flashpenny wrote:You know, I've been wondering this and I thought that this would be a good thread to bring it up: is it possible for a voice actor to get nominated for an acting Oscar? If so, has it ever happened?

No because only nerds like them.

Thank you nerd.

Now can someone answer that question for real?
User avatar
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Posts: 4046
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:47 pm
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:57 pm
Flashpenny wrote:
Darkseid2 wrote:
Flashpenny wrote:You know, I've been wondering this and I thought that this would be a good thread to bring it up: is it possible for a voice actor to get nominated for an acting Oscar? If so, has it ever happened?

No because only nerds like them.

Thank you nerd.

Now can someone answer that question for real?

I think it's because an actor is rewarded for their presence, and not just what their voice can do for the movie. In an animated movie, there's an animated character providing expressions and whatnot for the actor, whereas in a real movie the actor himself/herself has to do that.
Image
User avatar
SA's #1 Bro
SA's #1 Bro
Posts: 10484
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:53 pm
Location: Katy, TX
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:48 pm
Tremendous Tom wrote:I think it's because an actor is rewarded for their presence, and not just what their voice can do for the movie. In an animated movie, there's an animated character providing expressions and whatnot for the actor, whereas in a real movie the actor himself/herself has to do that.

That and nerds respect them.

Hollywood doesn't respect anything nerds respect.
User avatar
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:03 am
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:50 pm
Darkseid2 wrote:
Tremendous Tom wrote:I think it's because an actor is rewarded for their presence, and not just what their voice can do for the movie. In an animated movie, there's an animated character providing expressions and whatnot for the actor, whereas in a real movie the actor himself/herself has to do that.

That and nerds respect them.

Hollywood doesn't respect anything nerds respect.


I say we boycott Hollywood then. Let's see how they do without their precious nerd money
User avatar
SA's #1 Bro
SA's #1 Bro
Posts: 10484
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:53 pm
Location: Katy, TX
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:38 pm
waluigi wrote:
Darkseid2 wrote:
Tremendous Tom wrote:I think it's because an actor is rewarded for their presence, and not just what their voice can do for the movie. In an animated movie, there's an animated character providing expressions and whatnot for the actor, whereas in a real movie the actor himself/herself has to do that.

That and nerds respect them.

Hollywood doesn't respect anything nerds respect.


I say we boycott Hollywood then. Let's see how they do without their precious nerd money

Fine since idiots are their target audience.
User avatar
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
Posts: 4644
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:33 pm
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:09 pm
Flashpenny wrote:You know, I've been wondering this and I thought that this would be a good thread to bring it up: is it possible for a voice actor to get nominated for an acting Oscar? If so, has it ever happened?

An actor/actress only gets an Oscar nominee if people can see his or her face. Since voice acting only involves vocals, it doesn't qualify. That being said, there's a different type of award for voice acting, although I don't know what it's called. I know that because Emily Hirst won it for her work in the English dub of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

That being said, I wish the Oscars would have a category for voice acting, as so many talents get overlooked because they rarely/never show their faces on screen... :(
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Casual Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest