One Punch Man Thread

Because life is better in 4 colors.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Plain and simple, here we discuss the work of art that is One Punch Man, from ONE's webcomic, to Murata's beautiful manga, to the physical manifestation of hype that is the One Punch Man anime.

I'm really glad this forum (namely the DB subforum) introduced me to this amazing series. I got into it a few months ago and it's just everything I could possibly want in this kind of thing. I got into One Punch Man pretty much just in time to catch wind of the announcement of the anime adaptation, too.

Though I should note that one should be careful about spoilers in this thread, especially those that are only known by those who read the webcomic, since it's the furthest along. Anything that's happened in the anime, let's say, is fair game, no spoiler tags or warnings necessary. If it's been covered by the manga, only worry about the particularly important things that would really qualify as "spoilers."

Episode 2 was just incredible. Introduced my second favorite character in the series and holy heck that jumpscare with Ground Dragon. I'd already read the manga and saw it coming but by golly that was terrifying.

Whenever Saitama punches the screen in slow motion, I always give him a fist-bump. Gosh Saitama is cool. And so is Genos.

You know, reading the manga, I did realize that the stuff going on in OPM was actually pretty gruesome, but dang, seeing it animated only further emphasized that. I don't think I ever really caught that - spoiler alert maybe I guess - that was Mosquito Girl's blood all over the building when Saitama swats her in the manga. Like holy crap, I just always thought he sent her flying Team Rocket style (but still obviously dead). Dude left nothing to bury.

Saitama swatting at that one mosquito was also made 10 times funnier with those sound effects emphasizing the power of each swat. WHAM!

Also I need that soundtrack ASAP.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:35 am
I just love how this show takes the piss out of the Shonen genre :lol:
Part of my plan
Spoiler
Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:06 am
I'm so glad I can add OP man to my list of shows to look forward to during the week..

Spoiler

I don't know why I like this particular punch so much in the intro.

When yo boy finally hits puberty on screen
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:07 pm
If we didn't have Jojo One Punch Man would be my favourite anime opening of this year it's that good
Don't Mess with Goro Majima
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:24 am
MalcolmBelmontS wrote:If we didn't have Jojo One Punch Man would be my favourite anime opening of this year it's that good

With or without Jojo it's still my favorite :)
Part of my plan
Spoiler
Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:45 am
jimbob32165 wrote:
MalcolmBelmontS wrote:If we didn't have Jojo One Punch Man would be my favourite anime opening of this year it's that good

With or without Jojo it's still my favorite :)

I've never seen JoJo. is there anything you can tell me that would get me into it? I've been hesitant because hype usually ruins things. :?

When yo boy finally hits puberty on screen
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:36 am
I freaking love the battle music
Don't Mess with Goro Majima
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:39 am
MalcolmBelmontS wrote:I freaking love the battle music

Me too, dude. I just love this anime's soundtrack. I hope they release it soon.
jimbob32165 wrote:I just love how this show takes the piss out of the Shonen genre :lol:

Me, too. It's amazing.

Had I but the world and time, I'd so do Saitama's training regimen.
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:26 pm
Just got into the anime, having touched the manga or webcomic and it's SO good so far! I like how much it pokes fun at other anime. :D It's on it's way to taking TTGL as my fav anime so far.
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
Conqueror of the Demon Sword
Conqueror of the Demon Sword
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:03 pm
The most recent episode of OPM (episode 4) was godly. Especially Speed of Sound Sonic's theme music 8-)
Next

Return to Comics, Anime, and Manga