Should I start watching One Piece?

Because life is better in 4 colors.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:17 pm
I heard it's good.

But everyone looks goofy as fuck in that show.

They make Goofy look a Final fantasy character.

But I heard it's good.

But it's really long

Should I watch it?
Part of my plan
Spoiler

Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:39 pm
Its pretty good, but really long. It takes quite a bit for it to really kick off.

If you watch the anime, it tends to drag out arcs and episodes rather than do a lot of filler

the manga is just long in general, but it would get you through faster.

Yeah a lot of people look funny, but that's the joy of it. Its got seriousness wrapped in a goofy wrapper. Its one of the better shounen mangas out there, but definitely not for everyone. you'll only know after you start reading/watching it
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:29 pm
Kakeh715 wrote:Its pretty good, but really long. It takes quite a bit for it to really kick off.

If you watch the anime, it tends to drag out arcs and episodes rather than do a lot of filler

the manga is just long in general, but it would get you through faster.

Yeah a lot of people look funny, but that's the joy of it. Its got seriousness wrapped in a goofy wrapper. Its one of the better shounen mangas out there, but definitely not for everyone. you'll only know after you start reading/watching it

Part of my plan
Spoiler
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:33 am
Definitely don't watch it, anime is awful. But you really should read at least a few issues of the manga, it's really, really good. And yeah, the characters are all goofy, but that's the point of it, it has a perfect balance of ridiculousness and general goofiness and serious, heart-wrenching moments and issues being dealt with. And while it's long, it's all worth it, it's fucking brilliant. But don't touch the anime, anime is terrible.
Mr. ChaoticMeltdown is one rad dude
Two-time g1AfterDark Award-winner.
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:28 pm
I haven't watched the anime in years ever since the 2 year acceleration. But regardless, do check out the series from the start. Ever since I started watching it, I've been hooked all the way through.

Don't mind the goofy designs, that's just part of its charm. Hell, there are a lot of characters in this series you'll see real-life parallels to. For instance, they have their own Frankenfurter, Michael Jackson, Eminem, and Slash, based off their appearances.

The show can be very funny, but there are definitely a lot of heart-wrenching moments too that will make you legit cry sadness, and also cry tears of epic manliness. And don't discredit Oda because this guy literally eats, breathes, and sleeps making this show, and his work ethic shows for throughout the series.

Besides, it's better than Bleach.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:11 am
Moon Spirit wrote:I haven't watched the anime in years ever since the 2 year acceleration. But regardless, do check out the series from the start. Ever since I started watching it, I've been hooked all the way through.

Don't mind the goofy designs, that's just part of its charm. Hell, there are a lot of characters in this series you'll see real-life parallels to. For instance, they have their own Frankenfurter, Michael Jackson, Eminem, and Slash, based off their appearances.

The show can be very funny, but there are definitely a lot of heart-wrenching moments too that will make you legit cry sadness, and also cry tears of epic manliness. And don't discredit Oda because this guy literally eats, breathes, and sleeps making this show, and his work ethic shows for throughout the series.

Besides, it's better than Bleach.

Spoiler
Part of my plan
Spoiler

Return to Comics, Anime, and Manga