Sega vs Nintendo Anime

Because life is better in 4 colors.
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:16 pm
I not a person who keeps up with anime or anime news for that matter, so I don't know if this has been posted on the forums yet or if anyone has heard of it, but I found an anime that's a re-imagining of the 16-bit war of the 90's called Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoWijsahs1s[/youtube]
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:21 pm
As someone who has watched the first two episodes, I can say that it's pretty cliche with its characters (and no, they are nothing like their video game counterpart as I don't remember a tetris block groping some chick) and overall not amusing that only exists due to the novelty.

My recommendation? Play the games these character were based off or just watch something better.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:32 pm
MexicanAnime wrote:As someone who has watched the first two episodes, I can say that it's pretty cliche with its characters (and no, they are nothing like their video game counterpart as I don't remember a tetris block groping some chick) and overall not amusing that only exists due to the novelty.

My recommendation? Play the games these character were based off or just watch something better.

After watching the first episode I agree with you. Only part I liked was seeing what Mario looked like.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:11 pm
I'm kind of confused why the Tetris character was on the Sega side. Sure, it was a Sega arcade game before it was an NES and Game Boy game, but isn't this about the console wars? Nintendo was on the arcade scene, but has never been as huge a player in it as Sega.
ChaoticMeltdown does another amazing signature.
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:41 pm
Those who might have a casual interest in anime might have caught a look at a new production that is being developed called Aoi Sekai no Chuushin – a war epic in which two kingdoms are battling it out for supremacy. On one side, you have the Ninterudo Empire and on the other, the Segua Kingdom.

The names are supposed to be familiar on purpose. It’s basically an epic retelling on the Nintendo vs SEGA console wars in the 90s. Yes, they’ve made an anime based on that. Not only that, but everyone’s favourite hedgehog and plumber are involved too along with lots of other characters.

SA's #1 Bro
SA's #1 Bro
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:32 pm
I don't even give a fuck this was bumped by a bot.

The only noteworthy thing about this project is the artist of the manga is doujin artist Crimson Comics, who's a personal favorite of mine. The anime does not exactly keep his art style.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Blue

Compare the manga cover to the art style of the anime. All of the works adapted from his stuff has this same problem and loses a lot of the clean appeal of his art.
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:37 am
They made a manga out of the consoles wars between Sega & Nintendo ?

That's pretty funny :) However I did not always recognize who was supposed to be what. Sonic & Mario are obvious. Others I had to google because I just wasn't sure.
XBox Live : CrazyDuck BE
PSN : CrazyDuckBE
Nintendo Network : CrazyDuck
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:25 am
This anime is kind like Cold War beside WWII including Hetalia. Imagine if SEGA was the USA and Nintendo is a Soviet (Russia). In Nintendo, Mario is look like a Stalin due to mustache and wearing the red outfit.
[youtube]WKW7cZ9WCFk[/youtube]
I am the critic who focus on celebrities, YouTubers, video games, anime, movies, and TV shows. I hates Machinima channels and their some of partners channels including DarkSydePhil (DSP) due to controversies.

Return to Comics, Anime, and Manga