Favorite Animes?/Anime you can't stand

Because life is better in 4 colors.
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:00 am
Twist of Fate wrote:
Darkseid wrote:
Twist of Fate wrote:I really love Fairy Tail, Kirby: Right back at ya!, Inuyasha, and every Pokemon anime after the Kanto seasons.

Ont he opposite end of the spectrum, I hate Ranma 1/2, Fullmetal Alchemist, and the Kanto arcs of the Pokemon anime.

Late reply ahoy!

I can understand hating Kirby, but whats wrong with Inuyasha? It has endearing characters, incredible plot twists, and excellent action scenes.

As a Christian the anti-religion message in Fullmetal Alchemist was really off-putting, however even ignoring that I saw nothing remarkable throughout the whole anime. No one was interesting or endearing and the twists were predictable, action scenes were ok.

I think we've long-ago established that Darkseid was being a jerk with that post, so don't feel a need to defend yourself over it...
SA's #1 Bro
SA's #1 Bro
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:10 pm
Twist of Fate wrote:Late reply ahoy!

I can understand hating Kirby, but whats wrong with Inuyasha? It has endearing characters, incredible plot twists, and excellent action scenes.

As a Christian the anti-religion message in Fullmetal Alchemist was really off-putting, however even ignoring that I saw nothing remarkable throughout the whole anime. No one was interesting or endearing and the twists were predictable, action scenes were ok.

Inuyasha does not have good action. Nearly all the action scenes for 70% of it are just Inuyasha using the wind scar for the millionth time and whatever he was swinging at dies. The animation isn't good enough for the action that's present that doesn't involve the wind scar, and it usually just comes down to Inuyasha using that claw attack recycled animation. It started really good, but things quickly went down the crapper when the main villain wouldn't die and the story just became a repeat of the same story beats over and over and over. The anime also had the bigger problem of filler out the wazoo, even worse than Bleach and Naruto, and the main characters barely developing over hundreds upon hundreds of episodes. There is literally nothing of value after the Band of Seven arc. Killing of the only characters that managed to be interesting in forever, just so we can have Naraku cowering in some poisoned castle for the millionth time does not a compelling story make.

As for FMA, I don't really get why you think there's an anti-religion message to it. Neither the original or Brotherhood have that as a main theme. It only comes up with the corrupt church in the first arc. Hell, it seems to have religion has a positive element in some cases, such as Scar's devotion to his people and religion helping him make redeeming acts in both series. If there's any themes in it, they mainly deal wit having to suffer in order to succeed.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:35 pm
Darkseid wrote:
Twist of Fate wrote:Late reply ahoy!

Inuyasha does not have good action. Nearly all the action scenes for 70% of it are just Inuyasha using the wind scar for the millionth time and whatever he was swinging at dies. The animation isn't good enough for the action that's present that doesn't involve the wind scar, and it usually just comes down to Inuyasha using that claw attack recycled animation. It started really good, but things quickly went down the crapper when the main villain wouldn't die and the story just became a repeat of the same story beats over and over and over. The anime also had the bigger problem of filler out the wazoo, even worse than Bleach and Naruto, and the main characters barely developing over hundreds upon hundreds of episodes. There is literally nothing of value after the Band of Seven arc. Killing of the only characters that managed to be interesting in forever, just so we can have Naraku cowering in some poisoned castle for the millionth time does not a compelling story make.

As for FMA, I don't really get why you think there's an anti-religion message to it. Neither the original or Brotherhood have that as a main theme. It only comes up with the corrupt church in the first arc. Hell, it seems to have religion has a positive element in some cases, such as Scar's devotion to his people and religion helping him make redeeming acts in both series. If there's any themes in it, they mainly deal wit having to suffer in order to succeed.

Your criticisms for Inuyasha's animation and action scenes can be applied to pretty much EVERY anime ever so I'll just leave that be. Also the Wind Scar is Inuyasha's signature attack so he pretty much HAS to use it every episode, it wouldn't feel right if he didn't, it would be like Natsu from Fairy Tail never using his Fire Dragon Iron Fist for every fight.

I understand your frustration with the lollygagging and filler in the middle of the anime, however I personally don't find it that bad especially when compared with the slow-paced filler paradises called One-Piece and Dragonball Z. I really hate it when people complain about a lack of character development, we don't need character development in every episode! I personally hated The Band of Seven arc and thought the anime got better after that.

I am surprised you didn't see an anti-religion message in Fullmetal Alchemist, while religion is occasionally put in a positive light the anime more often pounds in the negative elements of it. Plus its hard to not call something anti-religous when God Himself is made a villain.

Even without that though I still would have hated Fullmetal Alchemist, the blonde protagonist was EXTREMELY annoying and hatable, his little brother looked cool and was endearing but he seemed like a Mary Sue. Plus the all the supporting characters villains were forgettable other than the 7 deadly sins guys.
When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

- Clarke's First Law

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:44 pm
Don't worry I understand that, I just wanted to dignify his post with a response even though it was exceptionally rude

Thank you for your concern :)
When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

- Clarke's First Law
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:55 pm
Twist of Fate wrote:Your criticisms for Inuyasha's animation and action scenes can be applied to pretty much EVERY anime ever

Wrong.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:48 pm
Twist of Fate wrote:Your criticisms for Inuyasha's animation and action scenes can be applied to pretty much EVERY anime ever so I'll just leave that be. Also the Wind Scar is Inuyasha's signature attack so he pretty much HAS to use it every episode, it wouldn't feel right if he didn't, it would be like Natsu from Fairy Tail never using his Fire Dragon Iron Fist for every fight.

Maybe every low budget, stupidly long, assembly line show has bad animation. When the production team genuinely gives a shit or has enough money, you get stuff like FMA that looks pretty good all around. Sure few anime are as painstakingly fluid as Beauty and the Beast but you have to understand they're working with a small fraction of its budget at best.

Also, choreography matters far more than just about anything else in action scenes. I think that's what he was mainly complaining about.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:57 pm
Yutaka Nakamura says hi.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:51 pm
Ok, ALMOST every anime

- Clarke's First Law
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:21 am
Why was there a talk about InuYasha and what does this has to do with the actual greatest anime of all time.

And by that, We mean Heartcatch Pretty Cure that is

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:52 pm
UltramanKing wrote:Why was there a talk about InuYasha and what does this has to do with the actual greatest anime of all time.

And by that, We mean Heartcatch Pretty Cure that is

You misspelled Inferno Cop there, bub.
PreviousNext

Return to Comics, Anime, and Manga