Do Japanese anime ever get cancled ?

Because life is better in 4 colors.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:12 pm
Gheblo wrote:Neon Evangelion was nearly canceled. But instead of outright canceling it they reduced their budget by a lot, which is probably why the last episodes were so "OMGWTF!"*.

*fix'd.
(thanks Darkseid for the sig)

Dum bum bum
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:39 am
I don't think I've heard of an anime series flat out canceling in Japan. Most anime that gets aired are either in blocks of 6, 13, 26, or 52 days. If the anime lasts longer than that, then it just goes on and on. But most of those anime end up being slice of life or typical super hero anime. Or anime based on manga that won't end.

In the case of the first two, I think they end it with at least a special.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:44 pm
*cough*Pokemon*cough*
ImageImage
Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:01 pm
Hetalia: Axis Powers got cancled from Kids Station (a Japanes channel) cancellation only affected the Kids Stations broadcast, not the Internet streaming
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:51 pm
AKADave wrote:Dragonball kai ended with the cell games...does that count as being cancelled?

I guess but they said that it would have less episodes then the original by like 291 episodes for the original and I think there was only 100-120 episodes for kai planned they cut alot of the filler out and cut down on the sagas
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:26 pm
SKullKid 17 wrote:Hetalia: Axis Powers got cancled from Kids Station (a Japanes channel) cancellation only affected the Kids Stations broadcast, not the Internet streaming

Not cancelled, per se. It got pulled off air mostly because the audience shifted and the series' became more famous around teenagers and young adults than just kids. According to the author, that's how he intended things to be originally, anyways. which also explains why the first couple episodes are so loosely adapted from the strips and the manga, unlike the rest of the series'. which is still loosely adapted from the original, only in a... weirder fashion.

Spoiler
Previous

Return to Comics, Anime, and Manga