Professional Wrestling Talk(WWE, TNA, etc.)

See any good moviefilms lately? Let us know!
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:48 pm
Going in the order of the wiki:
Kalisto, Usos, Team BAD, Roman, Shane, Lesnar, Sasha, Mark Henry, New Day, Ziggler (but would prefer Zayn or Stardust), Styles.
twitter: @g1brent
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
Location: The Other Side Of Darkness, just up the road from Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:55 am
Would rather not see a brand split again. Because that would mean a split World title not far behind. And too many people are getting too many world title reigns as it is.

It would actually be pretty funny if Sin Cara won the IC title. Imagine the Luca Dragon's having both midcard titles and both competing in a friendly rivalry to determine the better midcard champ.

Trump victory. RIP Earth
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:41 pm
The NXT special is much more intriguing and promising than WrestleMania, but I'm sure WM's gonna be good as well. The only matches that I'm not anticipating on being pretty good are the US title and the battle royale. Even though I don't care about League of Nations at all, and I'm expecting a bit of a boring match from them, I'll still gladly watch Big E at WrestleMania, he's taken Christian's spot as my favourite wrestler currently. I won't speculate too much beforehand, I'll reserve my comments on these shows after they've happened, but let's hope they both deliver.
Mr. ChaoticMeltdown is one rad dude
Two-time g1AfterDark Award-winner.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:15 pm
Based on arena pictures it seems HHH vs Reigns will be No DQ, so not sure how that will end.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:07 am
smoke108 wrote:Based on arena pictures it seems HHH vs Reigns will be No DQ, so not sure how that will end.

By a double turn, ofcourse. Or at least Reigns turning heel (cause Haitch is the defending baby face champion after all~)

Also, Takeover Dallas was amazing. Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura. "Wrestle Forever"
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:43 pm
Loved Asuka. But you could tell she had to slow down so Bayley could keep up. Asuka is definitely on another level.

Trump victory. RIP Earth
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:25 pm
Joe lost and that's lame, but at least this one was closer than Takeover: London.

Lucky rollup pin. :roll: Bah! Somebody's gotta dethrone Balor, already.

Any truth to the rumor that Joe's getting called up to the main shows? Kinda nervous about that one.
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:00 am
One of the worst Wrestlemanias ever.

Pretty much most of the match outcomes made no sense or were bullshit.

Jericho winning is an utter disappointment. Either the feud continues, which people are bored of now, or it doesn't which means AJ lost his first WWE feud to a part timer.

League of Nations winning was utter crap.

UnderTaker winning proves that Shane's appearance was utterly pointless.

Charlotte should have lost the title.

Ryder winning I title makes absolutely no sense. I love unpredictability, but this is the bad kind. A wrestler who hardly appears and when he does he usually loses, winning the IC title has made that title lose any credibility it ever had. Might as well let the Brooklin Brawler or some local jobber win it.

The Wyatts are done. Stick a fork in them. 0-3 at Wrestlemania.

Even though the show was free, I still feel like I was ripped off. They should be paying us for watching Wrestlemania.

Trump victory. RIP Earth
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:25 am
Safe to say Takeover>Mania?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:26 pm
I seem to be in the minority in that I actually liked WrestleMania. I thought only the main event was a boring match, every other match was at least decent, with a couple of matches being very good.

I almost cried when Ryder won that IC title, such a great moment for a guy who well deserved it, now we'll just have to see if the RAW stuff the night after leads to something longer and hopefully we'll get Zack back on RAW full-time. And the match as a whole was a really good spot-fest, just what you need to start a Mania, and it delivered.

Styles/Jericho was good, not the outcome everyone was expecting, but it didn't really hurt AJ at all, and gave Jericho back a bit of legitimacy.

New Day's entrance was so good, the match was okay, and League winning was the logical thing. It wasn't for the titles, so New Day lost nothing, Lads got a win at Mania, so they don't look like complete jobbers, and the bad guys still got their comeuppance afterwards with the great moment with the legends, so win-win-win.

Lesnar/Ambrose wasn't really a showstealer like I had hoped it would be, but it was fine. The only problem I had with it, was that it didn't really feel like a WrestleMania match. They could've had that exact match at any other show and it wouldn't blow anyone away, and there weren't even special entrances. But it didn't bore me, and I enjoyed it.

The women's triple threat was really good, if a bit rushed, but that's understandable with all three having their first Mania matches, so being a bit nervous is only natural. They gave them time, presented them in a legitimate way, didn't yell "puppies" every 20 seconds, and the women delivered. And the entrances were amazing. Also, getting rid of the butterfly belt was most definitely the right move. Charlotte retaining was perhaps a bit odd, but it made sense with Ric being there and all, and I can't really judge the decision yet, so let's see where this goes. Also, Charlotte's boobs 10/10

Taker/Shane was pretty much what was expected, a long, slow-paced match with brutal and holy shit -inciting spots. Shane not winning was a let-down, but then again he was brought in pretty much just as an attraction after all the injuries happened, so I can't be too mad about it. And realistically, Taker should've won, Shane didn't beat Kane 13 years ago, how could he beat the bigger bro? :D

The battle royale was basically a piss-break with nothing significant really happening. But it was nice seeing DDP and Shaq in there, and Corbin winning was a fine move, he's really become a good performer, improving fast.

The Rock took too much time, had really no point in being there, but he did put Bray over (even if squashing Rowan in the process) and WWE got their moment with Cena and Rock standing tall. Next.

And then the main event. It was boring, way too long, the finish fell flat, and it was all WWE's own fault for painting themselves in the corner. I mean, HHH tried his damnest to sell for Roman, but the crowd wasn't having any of it, and can you really blame them? Nothing spectacular happened in that match, and it just ended a fun (if a too long, five hours is too much) night on a sour note. But Trips' and Steph's entrance was fucking awesome, H always puts effort into his Mania entrances, but this might've been his best one yet, so fucking good.

So overall, a thumbs up for a fun event with a couple of great performances and a couple of disappointments and really a terrible main event.

Oh yeah, and Takeover wasn't as good as I had hoped, since both the tag title and Aries matches were not that great, and Joe/Finn was pretty much butchered with the constant ref stoppage. But Zayn/Nakamura was the best match of the three shows (NXT, Mania and RAW) and Bayley/Asuka was good as well.
Mr. ChaoticMeltdown is one rad dude
Two-time g1AfterDark Award-winner.
PreviousNext

Return to Movies and TV