Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

See any good moviefilms lately? Let us know!
Mystical Adminja
Mystical Adminja
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:32 pm
I thought it was awesome. You get what it says on the tin. Batman fights Superman, you see the start of what will be the Justice League, and you get to see a ton of other classic characters and stories touched on.

If you have seen any of the other films by this creative team (Dark Knight, Watchmen, Man of Steel) then you are going to have a good idea what to expect here. You get a deeper character study on not just what makes Superman and Batman tick but also society's perception of them. So there is quite a bit of political, philosophical, and even theological commentary on the nature of superheroes.

But enough about that you just want to throw all your action figures inside a WWF playset and have them duke it out right? Well this film has that too. You get Batman doing some Batmobile stuff and crazy arm-breaking movies straight out of Arkham City, you get Superman going super saiyan and smashing through buildings, and even Wonder Woman shows up and gets to kick some butt. The fight scenes and action are the real highlight here.

Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne and Batman steal the show. This is an older more battle worn dark knight, who is both haunted by mistakes of his past and totally brutal in his methods. I have no doubt a solo film with this Batman will be outstanding. Henry Cavill's is stoic as Superman, but he doesn't quite inspire the same sense of charisma and awe that we are suppose to feel the other characters see in him. This is made up for with Amy Adams, who nails it with her Lois Lane, who is the real human anchor in this film. If she can believe in Superman, then I can believe in Superman. Jesse Eisenberg's Luthor is interesting, he is a genius but is also one of the most manic takes on the character. Laurence Fishburne as Perry White cracked me up in every scene he was in, why do people say these films are humorless?

The plot itself works as a good followup to Man of Steel, and address some of the concerns and consequences of the events there. It brings in a lot of elements of the Dark Knight Returns from the 80s and a different popular story-line from the 90s which I don't want to spoil. You also get sprinkles of more recent stories either as homages or hints to future films. Exciting stuff, all around.
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
Location: The Other Side Of Darkness, just up the road from Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:01 am
I consider the movie a big disappointment. Not saying it's bad. But it just doesn't live up to the hype. And this version of Luthor is just plain awful and doesn't fit the dark nature of this film.

Trump victory. RIP Earth

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:42 pm
This movie involves a jar of Lex Luthors urine being left on someones desk.

THat tells you everything you need to know.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:29 pm
Batman V. Superman wasn't as bad as a lot of people say, but it wasn't great either, here's my take on it:
The good:
- Ben Affleck did a surprisingly good job as Batman. He was pretty badass.
- Wonder Woman, even if she didn't appear much in the movie, was pretty awesome, especially when she appears to fight against Doomsday.
- The issues it talked about were interesting and a bit thought-provoking.
- I thought Superman was portrayed decently.
- Alfred's wisecracking nature made me chuckle.
- The fight scenes were really cool, especially when Batman fights against Luthor's henchmen to rescue Superman's mom.

The bad:
- DC cramped up so many things into one movie just to compete against Marvel.
- They already implied forming the Justice League despite the fact that this is just the second movie in the DC movie universe instead of gradually developing its universe a bit, like Marvel, and THEN forming the team.
- I felt that the cameos of Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman were handled pretty poorly. Again, just to compete with Marvel's Avengers movies.
- Overall, many things felt rushed. They didn't develop various things enough. Even the interesting issues that they talked about were sort of dropped halfway into the movie.
- Lex Luthor was very weird in this movie. He didn't feel nor look like Luthor to me. I'm not saying that Jesse Eisenberg's acting was bad, it was good, but he gave me the impression that he was sort of trying to be like the Joker, I mean, seriously, since when did Luthor act as crazy as he did in the movie?
Also, Eisenberg looked a bit young to be Luthor. Lex is a much older man, like, at least, around his late 30's, early 40's.
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:39 am
This is easily one of the worst comic book movies and one of the biggest letdowns of my life.
As soon as I saw the Frank Miller armor in that old teaser, I knew something was wrong. The whole freaking movie was wrong.

Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil!

Return to Movies and TV