The Force Awakens Thread

See any good moviefilms lately? Let us know!
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:20 am
So...as of right now I haven't seen the movie yet. I'm seeing it today though! Talk about how bad/good you thought it was gash darn it! :D
Interweb~Metaking~Distro~Chaotic~Wulfon~Tiel~

Shiznita wrote:I hereby claim page 182 as mine, everyone stay out or else. Image

You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:10 pm
Without any spoilers or in depth reviews. I'm just going to say (for now), that I didn't entirely like it.

Was okay to watch. But it just didn't feel like a Star Wars. More like a fan made movie of a Star Wars.

But nowhere's near as good as any of the previous six episodes, that Lucas made.

At least IMO, that is.
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:05 am
I saw it yesterday and liked it. It is pretty much what I expected it to be, although I will say that
Spoiler
while there are a bunch of references to older movies in the series, the fanservice isn't as abundant or obvious as it is in Abrams' Star Trek movies. And thank goodness for that - I always felt like the new Star Treks relied too much on nostalgia.

One thing that bothered me a bit about the plot was that it has so many similarities to episode IV. Hopefully they'll be bolder and more original with episode VIII now that they've won the fans over to their side.

Dark Stranger wrote:Was okay to watch. But it just didn't feel like a Star Wars. More like a fan made movie of a Star Wars.

But nowhere's near as good as any of the previous six episodes, that Lucas made.

It felt a lot more like Star Wars to me than the prequels. The directing, aestethics and writing especially.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:03 pm
The movie was decent. It was what I expected too (I generally never consider the hype of something).
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:34 pm
Well, it most certainly is the first Star Wars movie in a trilogy. I mean, there's hardly anything original in there, but it's also done so well it doesn't really matter. It was fun time and certainly didn't bore me even once. Can't wait for Episode VIII, only like 15 months or something to go!
Mr. ChaoticMeltdown is one rad dude
Two-time g1AfterDark Award-winner.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:53 am
The point of the movie was for JJ Abrams to prove that he could do a Star Wars movie. Think about it, the older fans were disillusioned by the Prequels and they were done by George Lucas himself. Abrams needed to show that he could do it.

Another thing, the main goal for a movie's definitely going to have a sequel is to make the audience want more. They want to know what happens next. The 'Force Awakens' did that for me. All I can think about is what is going to happen next. Now, I want to see the sequel. I'm sure the sequel is going to show more originality. But, this movie is good.
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:06 pm
I know this is late, but I actually wrote a review for the film:

http://thewhitlyverse.blogspot.ca/2015/ ... eview.html
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:55 pm
It was a good action movie, although it made way too many references to Episode IV for my taste. Even still, it was fun to see all the old characters again and great to see a new generation of Star Wars characters emerge.
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:43 am
Too much stuff from the original trilogy for me to not predict what was gonna happen. Kylo Ren was a disappointing replacement for Darth Vader, but this movie still ranks higher than The Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones imo.

Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil!

Return to Movies and TV