90s Nicktoons Set To Make A Comeback In Paramount Crossover

See any good moviefilms lately? Let us know!
The Power of a God is now your Secret Tool
The Power of a God is now your Secret Tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:53 am
Paramount is developing a live-action/animation hybrid based on the classic cartoons

Now more than ever, the intense wave of 1990s nostalgia is at its height, with a slew of upcoming TV shows and movies planned to capitalize on the collective desire for a return of these cherished properties. Just this week even, Nickelodeon announced a plan to reboot ’90s favorites in a fresh new way.

Well, it’s time for millennials to rejoice, because the beloved Nickelodeon cartoon series of the ’90s are making a return in the biggest way possible. Sources exclusively confirm to The Tracking Board that Paramount Pictures is in the early stages of developing a massive live-action/animated crossover film featuring characters from hit ’90s Nick cartoons. Rugrats, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold!, Rocko’s Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, and more are coming together for what’s being pitched as a Justice League or Avenger’s-esque team-up film called NICKTOONS.

Citing The Lego Movie, Space Jam, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, and Wreck It Ralph as influences, Nicktoons is poised to follow a similar model, employing a hefty amount of self-referential humor and charm.

Our sources say that Mary Parent is leading the charge on this one, working with the studio to develop and lock down the rights to the individual series. Parent and Cale Boyter are producing the pic via their shingle, Disruption Entertainment, which signed an overall deal with Paramount this past March.

Parent of course has a proven track record with adapting Nickelodeon cartoons into successful features, having produced this year’s Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water. Nickelodeon Movies, which is a subsidiary of Paramount, is also producing, while Elizabeth Raposo will oversee for the studio.

Paramount is currently in discussions with different writers, looking for the perfect scribe to tackle a project balancing such immensely beloved properties.

Naysayers ought not to fear, as our sources say that the creators have no intentions to bastardize or update the characters unfavorably, only to create a fun adventure reuniting audiences with the treasured cartoons in an exciting new approach, pleasing old fans and creating new ones. Though, creators have to tread lightly, as they run the risk of making another Rugrats Go Wild, which was an ill-received and poorly conceived crossover that just didn’t mesh.

In this reporter’s opinion, news of the project is mind-blowing, but it’s that kind of crazy where the film could potentially be the best thing ever. Though all the included series haven’t yet been ironed out, we’re hoping Catdog, Ahh!!! Real Monsters, and Doug are also invited to the party, because that would be awesome.

http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-exclus ... ver-movie/
Spoiler

Good luck out there Bobobo. You're our only last and final hope of surpassing Superman in Death Battle.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:22 pm
Wow! They're bringing back something from the 90s!

NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:32 pm
Tremendous Tom wrote:Wow! They're bringing back something from the 90s!

NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE.

:roll: Now now, Tom. It may not be the most original idea, but it's still pretty cool actually it's probably the most unoriginal thing now since pre-sliced bread

Snarkyness aside I know plenty of peeps that that will totally dig this... just not myself. While I do have a fond spot in my heart for Rocko's Modern Life and especially Ren & Stimpy, I didn't have as much regular exposure to Nicktoons, especially ones that came later after those.

Still will be cool to see what they dredge up.
Mystical Adminja
Mystical Adminja
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:10 am
I'm more interested to see how is going to represent the live action 90s Nick in this live action/cartoon crossover. The cast of Hey Dude? Alex Mack can turn into a puddle that makes her kinda a super hero. Ferguson? Donkey Lips? Maybe some Are You Afraid of the Dark in there as a rival for Jack Black's Goosebumps (Midnite Society FTW.)

Spoiler
Turns out the whole thing is a fever dream by Little Pete who OD'd on Frosties which would set up the Pete and Pete movie.

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:42 pm
Fox wrote:I'm more interested to see how is going to represent the live action 90s Nick in this live action/cartoon crossover. The cast of Hey Dude? Alex Mack can turn into a puddle that makes her kinda a super hero. Ferguson? Donkey Lips? Maybe some Are You Afraid of the Dark in there as a rival for Jack Black's Goosebumps (Midnite Society FTW.)

Spoiler
Turns out the whole thing is a fever dream by Little Pete who OD'd on Frosties which would set up the Pete and Pete movie.
Get Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell.
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:42 am
Rugrats and Hey Arnold were major pulls for me back then. Though I didn't actually start watching them closely until the early 2000s, given that I was just around 5 at the time. That said, there was also Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Freakazoid, the WB suite in general. Those I'd like to see again. Especially Animaniacs. But then those are (or were) on the HUB now, last I checked... or Discovery Family, I guess.
NNTV
One-Stop Shop for COMICS | CARTOONS | MOVIES | SMASH BROS.
NetworkNextTV

Return to Movies and TV