The Last Film You Watched 5: A New Beginning

See any good moviefilms lately? Let us know!
SA's #1 Bro
SA's #1 Bro
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:42 pm
You know the drill.

This go around, let us not have the usual massive derailment of discussing how our opinions are better than each other and just keep a general share thread of our thoughts of what we just saw. If you want specific discussion on recent films, there's threads for those movies you can post in. You can say you just saw a recent film with general thoughts, but when a discussion starts that goes on for pages upon pages, please take it elsewhere.
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:02 am
Watched Paranormal Activity 2.

Laaaaaame.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:07 am
The Raid: Redemption

Loved it. This movie would be subpar if the action weren't so AMAZING. But the action had my friends and I screaming every few seconds. If you enjoy well executed and creative action scenes, worth the watch.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:54 am
Oh boy, I'm not sure if I'm gonna remember all the films I watched since the forums went down, but I'll try.

Thor - Pretty cool movie. I loved the set and costume designs and the fight scenes were well done. A good setup for The Avengers also.

This Is Spinal Tap - I had seen this movie once before, back in high school, but we never finished it. Amazingly, I remembered just about every scene from it when I watched it in full this time. It's way funnier now too since I'm a bit older and can get a lot more of the jokes. I do kind of wish it was a bit longer, though.

All Dogs Go to Heaven - A cute movie but damn scary at the same time. Great animation by Don Bluth, great characters (I swear Anne-Marie was gonna give me cavities), and a very interesting plot. I liked the concept of all dogs going to heaven and how each one has a clock or watch representing their lives. I didn't care for most of the songs, though.

1984 - Eh... I feel like this movie could've been better. I was pretty confused by what was going on. I wasn't sure if the Goldstein guy they kept referencing was bad or good, and I think certain elements weren't explained well enough. I did like the setting and style of the film though, with the whole gritty, dirty "futurstic 1940s" thing they had going on.
SA's #1 Bro
SA's #1 Bro
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:14 pm
Amaya wrote:All Dogs Go to Heaven - A cute movie but damn scary at the same time. Great animation by Don Bluth, great characters (I swear Anne-Marie was gonna give me cavities), and a very interesting plot. I liked the concept of all dogs going to heaven and how each one has a clock or watch representing their lives. I didn't care for most of the songs, though.

That hell scene stayed with me for years, but never scared me.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:12 am
Happy Console Gamer: The Movie
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:24 pm
I had gotten a complimentary trial weekend of HBO and Cinemex and got to see Cowboys & Aliens and Green Lantern. Cowboys & Aliens was a fun movie and overall well done and Green Lantern was pretty cool.

Edit: Forgot to mention a couple more.

I also got to see Point Break and now I understand that joke in Hot Fuzz when that guy gets down on his back and fires his gun in the air. I also saw most of Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Also, a few weeks ago I showed my cousin my Kick-Ass DVD and I learned never to watch movies with him that he knows I saw because he constantly kept turning to me and asking questions that were going to get answered within the next scene.
XBL gamertag: infinite9
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:41 pm
Lucky Number Slevin

Fuck the critics, this is still one of the best movies I've ever seen.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:03 pm
SierraFoxtrot wrote:Lucky Number Slevin

Fuck the critics, this is still one of the best movies I've ever seen.

It is a movie I have quite enjoyed.
twitter: @g1brent
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:37 pm
The Breakfast Club.

Probably my favorite teen movie. I personally find the ending pretty cheesy, but hey.
Next

Return to Movies and TV