Links to VG soundtracks

Snoop Lion Everyday.
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:04 am
Harkan wrote:Btw, isnt it illiegal to dl ost of video games?

correct.

SuperSmashDan wrote:
Capcom wrote:Wow... I can't believe this is sticky-ed=O Why the hell are we encouraging stealing soundtracks?!

Yes this is what I was just thinking. I'm not against downloading, for the most part, or anything but when I read through the forum rules today it suggested that links like these would not be tolerated. Another problem with links like these are that they expire and many have.

Downloading soundtracks illegally is still illegal downloading guys, and VGMusic is a career which I'm going into. Without questioning the morality I will highlight again - it is illegal and I don't think this thread has a place on this site.

The only thing I'd like to add to that is profits from released soundtracks are usually split 50/50 with the dev and composer - it's definitely illegal to download these. Soundtracks which are recorded off of the game by the user I believe are licensed to the consumer and therefore again illegal to share.
There are occasions where the game dev and composer agree to give away the soundtracks for free - e.g. monsters probably stole my princess, half of the soundtrack from bioshock 1, etc. Obviously the distribution of these is completely legal.
As an aspiring VG composer I'm not opposed to sharing great music, but the fact is it there are no two ways around this and it is still illegal to download from most of these links. If emulators and roms are banned from being posted on the forums because of copyright infringement, then shouldn't these be too? There's a lot of trouble to get into with the murky depths of downloading music, caution is a must.
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:30 pm
There are many games which never have an official OST released and thus we must rely on game rips, so I see no problem downloading those. Also most of the time the OSTs are out of print, not to mention you have to import them anyways.
I wish Game soundtracks got the respect they deserve here in NA as they do in Japan. Then we'd have OSTs in local stores and have many more on online sources such as iTunes. Fuck all other music. I swear game music is the only thing I ever listen to. So unfortunately most of the time I have to rely on Game music Downloads as it's not reasonably feasible to import a $70-90+ out of print soundtrack just to get the 3-4 tracks I want from a certain game. Plus the sellers are 2nd hand so I doubt any of that money is going to the composers/developers anyways.

That's why when a game comes bundled with a Soundtrack, it gets me pumped to pick up that limited/collectors edition or whatever.

Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:31 pm
Here's a link to the complete Mother 3 soundtrack, .ogg only

http://starmen.net/mother3/music/
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:16 pm
Can somebody give me a link to a Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! Soundtrack?
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:20 pm
It may be fan remixes, but hey, awesome Mother/Earthbound/Mother 3 music.
http://starmen.net/rockcandy/
twitter: @g1brent
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:20 am
these should still work up untill the end of the year.
http://www.playthenes.com/6.5.0.Tunes/6.5.0.Tunes.php
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:40 am
http://www.8bitx.com/

Since it appeared on Botchamania about a month ago, I've been all over this place. Its an internet radio station that focuses on video game music covers. They play acts like brentalfloss, The Megas, Armcannon, Descendants of Erdrick, Smooth McGroove, and just about anybody else you can think of.
ChaoticMeltdown does another amazing signature.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:17 pm
Tadpole Treble's soundtrack can be purchased for $7.99 here. Tadpole Treble has a very heavy focus on its music, and thus, said music is top-notch. Wholeheartedly recommended.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
Previous

Return to Music