You, Your Parents and Your Music

Snoop Lion Everyday.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:50 pm
When I was real young my parents cared what I listened to, but after age 9 they let me listen to whatever. My parents like some of the classic rock bands I listen to etc, but metal....not so much.
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:09 pm
Due to the fact that I hate anything rappish, hardcore techno, or chill at any songs that have swears, my parents fully support me listening to music. Although, I hate my dad listening to old, depressing, "red river valley" type music and him singing off key to it.
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:22 am
My parents have always been pretty supportive of my music. I got into metal when I was 7 and my brother left home (and left Maiden, Motorhead and Megadeth with me!). They never stopped me from getting into extreme music. They bought me my first electric guitar for my 13th birthday and took me to music projects to play with others my age.
The closest to a negative was their concern when I decided to pursue a career in music. At times they weren't always so easy going and could be quite stern / tough. That said, they still didn't really stand in my way and I understand that they just wanted me to make the most informed decisions I possibly could. Being 16 can kind of cloud your perspective a bit and I think I remember my interpretation of their actions being a lot harsher than it actually was.
Regardless, since then I've felt nothing but support, more and more so with every decision I've made along the way, and they have never tried to control what music I listen to. They have attempted to understand it as it became a bigger part of my life, and although they don't always get it I definitely appreciate the effort.

Lucky me. Seriously, so grateful >< <3
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:48 pm
They always see me with my Mp3 on though they never ask me or try to listen to what it is.

Hell I don't think they even know what I listen to. Meh, they probably don't care anyways and i'm good either way.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:34 pm
I'm really into Nirvana. My parents are sometimes think I'm obsessed with Nirvana. Oh, and my parents only listen to Christian music and occasionally KISS for some reason.
Thanks for the awesome sig, ChaoticMeltdown!
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:29 am
smoke108 wrote:Well my mom enjoys whatever music I put on. My sister hates all my music because she only listens to country. Same with my dad. My brother listens to rap but I got him into Crystal Castles.

Crystal Castles is ftw.
XBL: Uberquik
SC2: Fact.793
WoW: Deedalee @ Mannoroth/Alliance
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:34 pm
The most magical thing is happening, my sister (Who used to only listen to christan rock/rap) has somehow made a transition over to some great classic rock, and hardcore punk. She certainly surprised me when I came home from school.
No hope, No future, No fuckin' job
What the fukk am I listening to?
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:01 pm
My mom and I share the same taste in music, I don't know if I consider that awkward or awesome.
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:54 pm
I listen to different types of music and the music my parents say is"weird for me to listen to" is orchestral music.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:59 pm
Well since my mom rules she's been with me to see Judas Priest, Black Label Society, Thin Lizzy, Anthrax, Megadeth, and Slayer, so she's alright with my music, well, except for GG Allin, she hates him.
PreviousNext

Return to Music